Post interview question?

I had my interview today. Entire process was simple and fast. Got there at 8:00am as scheduled, called in at 8:05am, completed at 8:15am. All was asked to show the Passport and Green Card, went over the application, updated oversea trips since the application, signed paper for name change, last two places on the application form and front of two photos, and test. At the end, officer told me the background check still pending, therefore, she gave me the N652 with "Decision can not be made at the time: checked.

What I am confused about is: I thought since May of 2007, no interview is supposed to be scheduled until background check completed? Am I miss something here?

Anyway, after little over one year since the application, I guess my waiting game is going strong......... :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
I had my interview today. Entire process was simple and fast. Got there at 8:00am as scheduled, called in at 8:05am, completed at 8:15am. All was asked to show the Passport and Green Card, went over the application, updated oversea trips since the application, signed paper for name change, last two places on the application form, and front of two photos. At the end, officer told me the background check still pending, therefore, she gave me the N652 with "Decision can not be made at the time: checked.

What I am confused about is: I thought since May of 2007, no interview is supposed to be scheduled until background check completed? Am I miss something here?

Anyway, after little over one year since the application, I guess my waiting game is going strong......... :mad:

Sorry to hear that. On the brighter side of things, you can file 1447(b) if you don't hear from them within 120 days.

RE: Intreview Done Passed : No Oath Letter

Hi ,

I have my interview done on 09/13/2007 , got a letter saying ''Congratulations'' Passed , IO told me will get the Oath Letter within 3-4 weeks , nothing yet , called the Customer Service was told to wait 120 Days !

Any Ideas ?

DO is Atlanta , where most people get Same Days OATHS based on this Forum .

Anyone in similar situation ?

Hi ,

I have my interview done on 09/13/2007 , got a letter saying ''Congratulations'' Passed , IO told me will get the Oath Letter within 3-4 weeks , nothing yet , called the Customer Service was told to wait 120 Days !

Any Ideas ?

Sounds like you should seriously consider filing a 1447(b).

Hi ,

Any Ideas ?

Hi ,

Any Ideas ?

USCIS has 120 days after interview to notify you of a decision on your case. However, they have allready notified you of your decision so the only thing left is for oath date letter. My guess is that some DOs have been backlogged in sending out these oath date notices, and therefore you have been told to wait longer (although 120 days seems excessive).

Note: You would only file 1447(b) once 120 days have passed and no decision has been rendered yet. Since USCIS has already notified you that you passed, filing 1447(b) is a moot point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Note: You would only file 1447(b) once 120 days have passed and no decision has been rendered yet. Since USCIS has already notified you that you passed, filing 1447(b) is a moot point.

So basically if a year goes by with no oath letter, there's no judicial remedy?

So basically if a year goes by with no oath letter, there's no judicial remedy?

I guess there's always the possibilty to file WOM for non issuance of oath letter after 1 year of delays although I've never heard of it coming to that before. The longest delays I've read of is 3-5 months to receive oath letter after interview.

Thanks

Thanks for your feedback ,

Well there is a Caveat from what I know

On the N662 Letter they give you on the interview date says ''Congratulations'' your Case has been recommended for approval , IF final approval is granted we will contact you for OATH''

I guess will wait a few more weeks

Can I do an infopass anytime to check the status or I will have to wait these 120 days , call customer service ask them to raise it and then wait another 60 days before I can do an INFOPASS ? ( on the appointment website , for case reviews they want the inquiry number which you get from Customer Services).

Do not wast time calling the customer service desk. Those buffoons will read out a standard message from the cards they are handed out. They can access very little case information and are basically school drop outs.

I strongly recommend an Infopass. My guess is that your case fell through the cracks and will be back on track once you do an infopass and someone realizes that. I have seen a tiny number of cases where in additional checks were ordered by interviewer (obviously not in your case) or during review by another officer. It also could be that the interviewer missed noticing a second A file was needed and they are waiting to attach it to your main file prior to naturalizing you.

In either case an info pass will provide you with more information.

Good luck and please report back for the benefit of others yet to follow you.

Thanks for your feedback ,

Well there is a Caveat from what I know

On the N662 Letter they give you on the interview date says ''Congratulations'' your Case has been recommended for approval , IF final approval is granted we will contact you for OATH''

I guess will wait a few more weeks

Can I do an infopass anytime to check the status or I will have to wait these 120 days , call customer service ask them to raise it and then wait another 60 days before I can do an INFOPASS ? ( on the appointment website , for case reviews they want the inquiry number which you get from Customer Services).

Re :

Thanks BRB2 ,

I dont think a second A file exsist as this was first and only application and been only in the US on the Green Card that I got via my spouse.

As for the Infopass , the website doesnt allow you to make a generic appointment it says you have to had contacted customer service , and they should give you some sort of ''inquiry number'' , can that step be bypassed ?

Is it true that if N662 is given at the time of the interview , saying you have passed , the background checks have been cleared ? , I read somewhere USCIS stopped doing interviews unless the background check are clear ( forgot to confirm that during my Interview )

What would be a good time to do an Infopass ( had Interview done on 11/13/2007)

Appreciate your thoughts

Regards

Taurean77

Taurean77, I also live in Atlanta. Regarding the infopass, i think you're just navigating it incorrectly. You can schedule an Infopass at any time and date. When you go to the website, choose "you need information or other services," fill out your personal info, and schedule. It's as simple as that. Show up, take a number, and wait for your turn.

Thanks dudnaito

Dudnaito , figured it out , thanks alot ! ,

I am assuming infopass is more beneficial then the customer service call , now knowing our luck does it depend who we get to speak to during the infopass and if they are having a good day to research and get an upto date information ?

I am currently on a project working out of state , and would be flying in just for this !

Called the USCIS number , was told it can take from 60-90 days post Interview to get the Oath letter ( haven't seen that on this forum anywhere)

Does anyone know the process for scheduling Oath for people who are not lucky enough to get same day Oath's as myself ? ( DO is ATLANTA)

Called the USCIS number , was told it can take from 60-90 days post Interview to get the Oath letter ( haven't seen that on this forum anywhere)

Does anyone know the process for scheduling Oath for people who are not lucky enough to get same day Oath's as myself ? ( DO is ATLANTA)

If the oath isn't scheduled the same day as interview, then USCIS will send you a letter with the oath date. The time to receive this letter is anywhere from 2-16 weeks depending on DO backlogs.

Thanks Bobsmyth :

Do you know if the DO waits on getting a certain number of ''Non Same Day Oath'' individuals to shcedule the Oath , or these are scheduled together with regular Oaths that happen for people with same day Oaths !

I remember my interview officer mentioninng something on the lines that how having the Oath on another day is better , as that these Oaths are usually on Friday's so people can bring families etc .......

I would have rather got it done and over with the same day , then to expect a Oath letter in the mail every day !! , we all know the feeling