Possible February Mumbai Interview Thread /Tracker !!!!!

For Indian citizens

you get your passport back immeadiately they will keep the copy.
For foreign passport holders you can get your PCC the next day.

I think the consular PCC should be ok but wait until you get the packet 4. They should specify it in there.

PCC application

Mailed applications for PCC for myself + spouse to Consulate General of India, NY along with our passports on 12/14. Anybody know how much time it is taking to process the application? As far as I know it\'s 30-35 days.

There is way to get PCC earlier.

This is really stupid on Consulate\'s behalf. It is applicable at San Fran consulate - but might be applicable at other places.

The deal is: you get PCC the same day if your passport has been issued at SF consulate. It takes 35 days otherwise.

So you can somehow get a new passport issued (change address, add wife, add child, etc. etc.) which takes 3-4 days max. and then get PCC in 1 day after that. So you get PCC in a week against 35 days. The only problem is that you will now have multiple passports to carry around plus if you have already made your application (P3 or AC140) with old passport number, it might be a problem.

but this is something I couldn\'t comprehend. but might save the day for many of us who want PCC quickly.

Where do we go now?

I understand that 3 people have received confirmation of case creation at Mumbai:

IluvGC, MM123 and myself.

Others will soon get their case numbers.

Now what?:
1) I have seen the Jan interview dates and my case number is not there. Just to be safe, I checked Jan list.
2) So I expect a feb date
3) I had already submitted my Packet 4 documents (DS230, Part II) with my AC140 application. I will still wait for Packet 4.
4) When will we get Packet 4, can somebody pick it up early jan or even now?
5) Please keep checking this forum regularly to update/help each other.

No Title

My case has also been created in mumbai.
Seems I cleared the "Name check" only on Nov 27 th , thats why I got pushed into Feb .
They say 1 st week .. lets see , we ll have to call on Jan 4-5 th to find out.

I ve got a passport from CGNY so , PCC should take only a day . Applied for my wife on Dec 12 th ( hers is from bombay ) .. i ll get mine done when I go to get her PCC.

As for Pkt 4 .. i want to know how often do they screw up and not send it ..
Why do we need to send someone to the consulate .. ?

wantaGC: I had sent them an email asking that my P4 be sent to my parents in Mumbai, and they did t

PCC

So far, all responses, over the phone and email from Mumbai consulate indicates that we can take PCC from Indian consulate in the US. Has anyone got any other response from the Mumbai consulate?

PCC..

nope..same thing...that we get PCC from an Indian embassy in the US...I am getting a Feb IV...They told me to call back after Jan 10 to find the exact date of IV....

Case is not created

I got the letter from the Mumabi Consulete about the requirement of PCC from india and the consulte.

I send my case on 12/3/2001. Still my case is not created..Google_hs
or any other arond 11/31/2001 1-140 Aproved case ..any word ?

AC-140 v/s NVC

Hi,

I have been reading all the postings on AC-140 and I am confused. My I-140 has been approved about a week ago with CP option and my case has been forwarded to NVC. No case number yet.

Can anyone recommend how can I expedite my CP process?

1. Should I wait for NVC to create a case number? Can AC-140 help me out here? If so, how?

Thanks a bunch.

Arun , AC-140 is not helpful for you. wait for NVC

Once your case will be created you can send the packet 3 to bomabay..

I824 Approval and case creation

Has Everyone with AC-140, who has the case created by Mumbai consulate , has there I824 approved. I am wondering if Mumbai consulate waits for I 824 approval before assigning case No.

Hi Guys, PCC questions -- ?

If I get the PCC from Indian Consulate in US ( in My case NY ), do we still need to get PCC from local Indian police and regional passport
office? I think we should not, as speciced in IMMIHELP.COM.

Just double cheking .. any opinion ?

PCC

Unless we hear anything else from Mumbai Consulate PCC from Indian consulate in US should be fine. Thats what they told me when I called them. I think it will become clearer as the first Jan guys go for their interviews and hopefully the Mumbai Consulate modifies their FAQ.

Feb 1st week interview

Got an e mail from the mumbai consulate today , a one liner saying that my interview will be in the first week of Feb.

I had e mailed them 7 days back asking for an early feb interview.

PD : 01/2001
Pkt entered system : Nov 19 2001.
Eb3 - NYC

If there is anyone else who expects an early feb interview , plz send me a private message with your contact info , I would like to be in direct contact , with early Feb Cp \'ers in Bombay.

Thx

What happened with your case?

Hi Raj,

Can you plese update what happened with your case? Did you get your case number?

Regards,

Raj and others!!!

Hi,

Can you please what happened with your AC-140 cases.Did you guys got your case number?

Regards,

Looks like mail from NVC-to -Mumbai screwed up

I send my application on 12/10/2001. Still they did not received case from NVC .. No clear answer and don\'t know what happen to my case ..

Natcan, gcneed,Mumbai_cp_seker, raj bhatnagar, Google_hs .. Guys we all are in same boat .. look like f***ing diplomatic pouch ( don\'t know what the hell is that ?) lost somewhere..

Guys I am wooried .. can you guys post your deatl if you got any info
from mumbai .. Thank you

NO CASE NO.

Still waiting for case to generated since ist week of december. Anyone got case No.s last week ? I think they will be assigning case no. in Jan 2002 after the new packet rules take effect.