Possible February Mumbai Interview Thread /Tracker !!!!!

Are you Sure??

When I called consulate on 12/8, they had entered the case in system and told me that I would get Feb interview, I also got one liner email from consulate saying that I would get Feb interview??

When you think your case was sent from NVC?? Was it 11/14?

I hope it should be fine..

Case Details entered on Dec 7

I had mailed my packet 3 on Nov 14 and NVC sent the details to Mumbai consulate on Nov 14th.

However, the Mumbai consulate authorities entered the case into their system on Dec 7th

I got 2 e-mails, one saying that the case has been entered in their system and the other saying that I will have a Feb interview.

Contacting Mumbai consulate

Hi

When is the best time to call between 2 to 4 IST. I have been trying but with great diffuclty I got the number once and the machine said transfering to an attentend and kept on ringing and no answer for a long time and had to disconnect.This happened twice.
Any suggestions how to get the operator online.I am expecting a Feb interview

Hi SAM

Some how looks like Mumbai is scerwed up , last night I try to call and after one hour I give up. I send my application before one month
now.. ( I send it on 12/03/2001 and they received on 12/10/2001).
No reply from them..

What the f*** going on ?

called Last night

I called last night at about 3:55 PM IST. Officer told me that your case is not entered in the system yet. ( RD : 12/03)
Is there any common thing between those cases who received case#
(AC-I140 /I140 /I-824 /Having PCC etc... ) or just luck?

Hi Sgurjar

Hi Sgurjar

My pac 3 also was also recived on Dec 10 as per fedex . My file from NVC had reached them and in the system got a mail.

Is there any Feb Cp er

who has got a PCC from NY ..
They ve asked me to wait 1 month for this.
I wont to know if theres any way i can speed this up .

thx

No way to speed up in NY consulate

I applied on Dec 7 and asked them about speeding up by email and personally. They said no but that it will be issued in 35 days. If anyone finds out anything, please post. I also hope that Mumbai accepts the PCC from consulate as the only required document.

Any AC I-140 cases?

Hi,

Any one going for AC I-140 got a case number recently.Mine was received by Mumbai Consulate on Dec 21st.Waiting for reply.

Regards,

srikoka...my AC140 case created 12/11

Hello,

My AC140 details are:
paperwork (with I-824 receipt notice as well as I-824 approval notice, DS-230 part I AND II both, etc.) mailed: 12/3, Monday
Package delivered to Mumbai: 12/7, Friday
Case created: 12/11, Tuesday

I don\'t think there is any relation between I-824 approval and AC140 as long as you have your I-824 receipt notice. Since I got my I-824 approval notice 2 days after I got I-824 receipt notice, my lawyer waited 2 more days before sending the paperwork. And I am using a lawyer as my company provides for lawyer\'s services - one is not required to have lawyer representation.

good luck!

What\'s the final deal about PCC at MUMBAI consulate?

Sorry to bother everyone again....but this PCC issue has been dragged so much that I simply could not keep track of the final word. Not to mention the confusion with different consulates.

I know for sure (from this forum as well as from my lawyer) that Delhi requires it. But I care more for Mumbai. This thread is for Mumbaiwalas. So please respond how each one of you is handling this situation.

I personally have applied for PCC at Indian consulate in SF. i will get it end of Jan. 2002. But I am not comfortable with the confusion going around.

Get PCC from consulate

So far, all responses from Mumbai consulate by email and phone indicate that PCC from consulate is the required document. Getting it from the consulate takes at least a month and maybe more.

Hi Friends, Consulate received my case

Finally I get through the Mumbai Consulate, they recevied my case and alos entered in their system. I also asked that this case is for three applicants (myself-wife-son). February dates are still not publish , but she said that I will get the february interview.

PCC, PCC, PCC.....Consulate is confused.

Hello,

I had asked some questions that arose because of confusion in text of the word document. The consulate sent me the word document again. Looks like, we need Police Clearance from two places:
1. RPO and
2. also Local Stations, if passport is 6 months or older.

The text of the word document I got from Mumbai [my analysis in brackets]:

**************************************************************************************************************************************************
Indian Police clearance certificates for the Immigrant visa interview should be obtained as follows:

1. All Indian IV applicants age 16 and above, residing in India, should obtain police certificates from the local passport office. These are usually more dependable than those obtained at a local level and indicate that the subject had no serious criminal convictions on record at the time of passport issuance. Applicants whose Indian passport was issued within the past six months may present just the passport office police certificate, and need not obtain additional police clearances.

[Shri Ganesh: this is only for people RESIDING IN INDIA and not for CPers]

2. Applicants over age 16 whose passports were issued more than six months previous to visa application must also obtain a police clearance from the district police office serving the applicant\'s place of residence.

[Shri Ganesh: this is only for CPers with passports older than 6 months. but then read that "also", which suggests that item no. 1 AND 2 both are required for CPers. But Item 1 is for people residing in India, which are not CPers. So confusion, confusion,....I guess do your best. Consulates themselves don\'t have a clear picture.]

3. Indian passport holders applying for visas outside India should obtain a statement from their local Embassy or Consulate confirming they have no criminal record.

[Shri Ganesh: this is only for I-485 people who might require PCC in future or some other cases of NIV applications outside India. Take this PCC from Indian consulate as a solace to consulate\'s requirement.]

4. Non-Indian IV applicants residing in India should obtain police certificates from the district police station serving their area of residence.

[Shri Ganesh: this is NOT AT ALL for CPers, the non-confusing portion of this document, hahaha!]

5. Indian police certificates are not available for foreign (non-Indian) applicants applying outside India.

[Shri Ganesh: this is NOT AT ALL for CPers, the non-confusing portion of this document, hahaha! This means a Canadian or a British or somebody else - i.e. Non-Indian cannot request India\'s PCC for their visa applications, even if they stayed in India for 6 months or more after the age of 16.]

**********************************************************************************************************************************************

Hi SAM, eb1seeker, ganesh and other frineds !!

Any one got the SPECIFIC date for February interview ?

By the way, Congratulation SAM!!

Sri Ganesh - let\'s wait till some January guys finish their inteview.
All dust will be settled and we will get the conform answer.

Applied for PCC at CGNY

Applied for PCC at CGNY on Dec 24.. They were not ready to accept PCC application, as my visa was exp. and they don\'t understand extention receipt(even mentioning to them it\'s valid as visa for 240 days till get actual extention).. they just wanted passport to be stamped with future date.. and after asking information person to check with passport officer they took the case with lot of hassale.. even marked the case with visa expired and say it may take longer than 30 days as ur visa expired.. they were not much co-operative. hoping for feb interview