Possible February Mumbai Interview Thread /Tracker !!!!!

No Title

cal the Us embassy in mumbai on Jan 3 - 4 th . by then they should
have the dates out...for Feb.

Hi sgurjar

I dont have my interview date as yet. If anyone knows when the dates will be finalized, kindly let me know.

call CGNY on phone, email them too

and tell them that u can fax the H1 ext receipt as well as a letter from ur sponsoring company.
in my case, when i applied by mail for new passport and my H1 had expired, CGNY left a voice mail at both my work # and home # inquiring about the H1 status. I called back and got the new H1 faxed.
I believe u should be able to get through with letter from company..Godd Luck...

No Title

When will the interview dates be posted on the consulate\'s website. Does anyone know?

Help

Sgurjar

Congrats on your case creation.
What no. did you call. I have trying to call Mumbai consulate for last 3 weeks between 2 and 4 PM. The line is either busy or if it rings nobody picks up. I did get through once but the operator did not know about ac-140. No response to email also. Waiting for case creation for 1 month now.

12/03

v7,

looks like we are on same boat. The officer I spoke with did not know about ac-140. Hope they did not misplace documents that reached 12/03.
That is only thing common I see for us. Others who send documents later have already received the case no.s.

Let\'s hope we will get case# in 1st week of JAN.

They are even not responding to e-mails. I will ask my lawyer to check with them. Let\'s hope we will get case# in 1st week of JAN.

Lets get the senators to Lobby for us.

I sent a message to Jon Corzine ( [R] New Jersey ) complaining
about the unfairness of this new PCC rule( the short notice ie ) .

All of us should do this ...
go to www.senate.gov and choose the senator of your state and
tell them how you appreciate the new security but are badly affected by the short notice.

I think theres no point is us cribbing about this and not doing anything .. We need to get our senators to lobby for us.
They might not listen , but if hundres of us complain ..they might
take notice ...

Heres the message I sent Jon Corzine, since I live in NJ.

################################################################
Dear Mr. Corzine:

I am an Indian citizen living in North Arlington , New Jersey.
I am an employee of "XXXX" in New York city. I have been living in New Jersey for the past 3 years.
I met you during your campaign at Journal Square , Jersey City.

I have applied for permanent residence ( a green card ) in the USA and am a few weeks away from obtaining this.
I have opted for the consular processing route , wherein I have to travel back to my country of origin to
be granted permanent residence status in the US. I am scheduled to be interviewed in Mumbai in a few weeks.

A few days ago I heard about a new ruling issued by The State department .
"All Indian citizens need to a police clearance certificate before appearing for their consular processing interview , effective Jan 1 2002."
The US embassy in Mumbai still has a message posted on their web site , stating clearly that if the applicant resides only in the US or in India , then NO police certificate is needed. Further , they did not even make any attempt to inform me about this change in rule.
They received my papers on Nov 17 2001 from the National visa center ( at that time the police certificate was not required ) .

I was not aware of the change in rules and so did not apply for this .

Now with only a few weeks left for my interview I am forced to scramble for this document.
The Indian embassy in New York needs 45 days to issue me this clearance.
I find it rather unfair that the rules have been changed without giving adequate notice. I am doing my best to obtain this , but am not sure if I can get this in time for my interview. I might be forced to postpone my interview because of this.
I understand the heightened security in light of the events of Sep 11. I narrowly escaped being caught in the WTC myself.
But yet , it is unreasonable of the US embassy to expect me to come up with this document in such short notice.

I would be grateful if your office could ask the US consulates in India to give a waiver to people interviewing in January and February
as it is virtually impossible for us to obtain this certificate in a matter of a few weeks.
At a very least if they could at least update their website to state who needs a police certificate and from what date onwards
this is applicable.

My case details are as follows :

##########################################

PCC from Indian Embassy in NY

I applied for PCC at the Indian Embassy in NY on 12/14. Someone from the embassy called my wife at home on 12/28 (they had called me at work on 12/27, but I wasn\'t available) and asked her a question about the application. When I called them yesterday to inquire about the status, they informed me that the PCC was already mailed to me.

The processing in my case could have been faster because my current passport was issued in NY, but if you have an Indian passport, it takes 30-35 days to get the PCC. It might not be too late to apply for one, if you\'re expecting your interview in Feb end.

Too fast!

They are taking 35-40days minimum if u have Indian passport...Please give me usnycg telephone #...because I have tried many times but only voice message is coming...thanxs

Hi Never, Mumbai AVM nos are 011-91-22- 3637407/3637408

Keep trying you will get through .. Good luck

No ..but I ll call tonight.

Initially i was expecting a end jan date ...on Dec 3rd when I called
they told me I ll be pushed back to Feb.
So I ll call on Jan 3 rd now.
Then again , being that it is a holiday weekend ..they might not have
got the dates out this early.
Normally , by the 5th if you call , they do have the date.

sgurjar please check your private messages

Create a new discussion if Feb date confirmed.

Hello,

Whenever anyone finds the exact date of his/her/their interview at Mumbai in February, please create a new discussion or add to it with CONFIRMED interviews. Thanks.