Phoenix AZ - N-400 Timeline

An update on my Oath date. Just got the letter. It is scheduled for April 24 :) I think someone else is scheduled for the same date (asdasd's wife?). See y'all there.

Congrats to all the oath people :)

I'm just back from LA getting my passport, that place (passport office) is a Zoo, I spent the best part of two days standing in line and hanging around waiting.
But I got the PP in the end :D

Alright! That means it's all over for you. It's official.
I can't wait 'till I'm done w/ this too- I don't even want to drive, to avoid any sort of citation. :D

I plan on applying for my passport on oath day. I don't want to expedite it, but that means I won't be able to travel across the border for at least 3 weeks.
My husband's and kids PPs took less than 2 weeks, so I had planned on mine taking just as long. But I've been looking at those PP timelines, and it's not like that anymore.
I know it will get more hectic come summer, because everyone living close to the border (north or south), will be rushing to get PPs, because come June, PPs will be required to cross the border by land.

I was going to do the same but it turns out I'll need to travel next week, so that was the reason for my trip.
I'll try and mail it next time though.

All,

My wife and I had our interview earlier today here in Phoenix

It went fairly smoothly. we had to wait an hour till our names were called

She initially started out with the test after asking me to take an oath
She asked me only six questions since I could awnser them all
Some of them were
1) What is the national anthem
2) What do the 13 stripes on the flag represent
3)what ocean is to the West coast
4)what is the rule of law
I don't remember the last 2 but pretty straight forward
She wrote down all the awnsers on a paper as I responded to the officers questions

she then asked me to read a sentence-how many senators are there
and then asked me to write-there are one hundred senators

she went through my application completely and at the end let me know that I passed
and she was recommending my application for approval

I requested if I could get my oath done in April-she said all the April slots were full and I would get a letter in the next 2 to 4 weeks on my oath data

She reveiwed only my green card and drivers license. The officer did not ask for any other documents.

Regards

Rox

Phoenix D/O
NBC*000022XXX
12/26/08 Mailed N400 Application
12/29/08 Priority Date
1/3/09 Received Receipt Notice
1/6/09 Cashed Check
1/9/09 Received Fingerprint Notice
1/13/09 Fingerprint Completed
2/21/09 Interview Notice Letter
4/10/09 Interview Date-completed and recommended for approval
XXXXXXX Oath Letter Recieved
XXXXXXX Oath Taking Ceremony

Congratulations, to you and your wife!
(I suppose your wife was approved as well.)

Phoenix DO is doing great!

Rox - Congrats to you and your wife...

The oath dates for May and June have now been posted for Phoenix. It continues the regular trend....EVERY FRIDAY they have 2 oaths...

Thanks asdasd, cregan and Phx Girl for your wishes
As you pointed out asdasd-I am around 3 weeks behind you for all the stages. I hope that holds true for the Oath as well

Regards

Rox

Hi all,

me and my wife filed the N400 last december, here's the timeline:

Phoenix D/O
12/19/08 Mailed N400 Application
12/23/08 Priority Date
1/20/09 Fingerprint Date - traveling missed it.
1/21/09 Fingerprint Completed
2/23/09 Interview Notice Letter
4/08/09 Interview Date

Now, the wife got approved and awaiting the oath letter, while I being such a special person got the 'deschedule' letter 2 weeks before the Interview date.

So here i am in limbo land. I asked the lady on counter 1 why i was descheduled and her response was that they didn't get the file from Nebraska ??? whatever the heck that means.. wanted to ask her if it was being shipped on a mule.
right now i'm just taking it easy and not thinking too hard about it.
Any and all suggestions would be helpful.

btw: you guys/gals on this forum are great.. you are the ones who make this place a sort of refuge during the typhoon that is the INS process.

My Case # does not appear on the USCIS site

Hi,

I have applied for my citizenship on Mar 2nd and completed by FP on March 24, 2009. And if I understand it right, I am supposed to get a Interview notice letter but when I go into the USCIS website and try to search my case #, (NBC*000122***), it says case not found.

Is this a usual thing that I dont have to worry, or is there something I need to do? I just wanted to make sure. any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

thanks

Hi,

I have applied for my citizenship on Mar 2nd and completed by FP on March 24, 2009. And if I understand it right, I am supposed to get a Interview notice letter but when I go into the USCIS website and try to search my case #, (NBC*000122***), it says case not found.

Is this a usual thing that I dont have to worry, or is there something I need to do? I just wanted to make sure. any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

thanks

The online status is very unreliable and does not always work. There is no need to worry. After about 3-4 weeks of your FP you will probably receive the interview letter.

Vijaynath,

You should expect to get your interview letter in approx 30 days after FP. In you case that would be 10 days from now.

Based on multiple cases where Interview date in Phoenix has been approx 100-105 days after PD, your interview could be around 10th of June.

You should try calling USCIS, to find out the status of your case. Online status is of no use during N400.

Got the US Citizenship

It was a nice and LONG ceremony.

102 people from 29 different countries got there citizenships in the afternoon ceremony.

The Judge had a wonderful story abt her family in the US. The Judge herself gave the certificates to all the candidates.

Did the SS change and voter registration there.

Now next week, I need to go again to get it for my spouse.

Congrats asdasd, how long did the ceremony take. also was it easy to find parking near the courthose? what documents do you need for the SS change and voter registration

Thanks

Rox

Time in to time out approx 2:45 Mins..

the parking was at SE corner of Washington and 4th Ave - Cost me $12($2 for every 30 mins)

I remember somebody mentioning another one nearby that cost just $5 per day

For SS and voter reg - you just need your photo ID(DL), natz certificate and the forms(You get the forms at the ceremony, which they make you fill right there)

Congrats, asdasd!
he he
me too!

Well, as mentioned before, the ceremony was long.
My husband's was much shorter, but he didn't even have a video, nor did the judge make a speech, he barely said, "I agree to the motion."
I liked the judge's story, I can relate to everything she said.
I almost cried when she said the statement about her mom and the tortillas.
Made me think of my mom, she used to say the same thing. Kind of ironic she passed away 10 years ago on the 4th of July. But hey, that made the whole ceremony memorable for me. It was nice, made me appreciate the whole process more.

btw, SS even allowed my husband to change his citizenship status. He had his natz cert, because we both applied for pp cards (he already has the book). He asked and they let him do the change there. Now he doesn't have to make the trip to the SS office :)

Question for Oath takers....Did any of you apply for your US passport on the same day as the Oath? If so, where? and could you give us some details on whether you needed to schedule an appointment etc. Thanks for sharing.

I headed over to the passport office when we were done.
(I was nervous we wouldn't make it there on time, since our ceremony took so long.)
You don't need an appointment; you just need to be there before 4:30 (if I remember correctly).
You need an ID and your Naturalization Cert. That's all, oh - and some of the fees must be paid w/ a check. So have your checkbook handy or buy money orders before hand. Depending on the amount of people, you should be out in about 45 min. Many of your fellow Oath takers will be there also. I think there are more people there on Fridays, 'cause its payday too, just like at MVD on Fridays.
They will make you a copy of your cert for .50, if you want one. I kept a copy.

It's only a couple of blocks away from the courthouse, where the oath is. Parking is free at the PP office. Courthouse is at Washington/4th Ave and Passport office is at Jackson and 5th Ave - SW corner.

Also, just a thought, they may decide to change things around, but when you get in line
You don't want to be the first one in there. It's better to be more like towards the end.
They began passing out certificates on the left side, first row. That side was filled in after the right side, which were the first people in line.
You'll be one of the first ones to get out and complete your SS and Voting paperwork.
Also, have your oath paper completely filled out when you get to the oath - You have to turn it in as you go in the door. Sign it and use the Oath date.
SS gave us each a pen (after we were seated), but it doesn't hurt to have your own pen, just in case you don't get one, to fill out your paperwork. I would also print out the SS application at home, and take it w/ me to the oath, less paperwork to fill out there.

I think that's it. Enjoy! :D

Last edited by a moderator: