Phoenix AZ - N-400 Timeline

The IO in Phoenix seem to usually nice. Until there is something major on your case for which you are worried - only then think of getting a lawyer.

I've appointed her (the lawyer) just to make sure things were perfect in my application and she told me already you got nothing to worry about. I started getting worried if she come in with me the IO will focus more n more in case and start asking for more documents.

any experts here can advice ?

If there are no problems with your case, arrests, physical presence etc.
You probably don't need the lawyer, as she has advised.

Thanks for everyone..
I have two traffic voilation ticket which I did not mention in the form becuase it was under 500$ and not arrest. I have recepit for that I paid and for the other one I have cerdit card statement(paid through the credit card).But some say you have to mention and some say you can tell in the interview if asked. I have no other problems.
Any comments are welcome.

Permanent Resident Since July 2004

Los Angeles

04/22/09 Mailed N-400 to AZ
04/30/09 Cashed Check
04/27/09 Priority Date
05/02/09 Rec'd Receipt Notice
Rec'd Fingerprint Notice
Fingerprint Date - Scheduled
Interview Notice Letter
Interview Date
Oath Letter Rec'd
Oath Ceremony

Last edited by a moderator:
We had our oath ceremony yesterday. It went fairly smoothly. Thanks to all of you for your valuable inputs-especially Phx Girl, asdasd and Cregan.
There were 97 folks from 32 countries. One of the people who volunteered to speak from the applicants was from Sudan-the person came in as a refugee. Quite an amazing story how he made it to the States

The courthouse is a wonderful building

we went to the Phx main post office immediately afterwards to apply for our US Passports-I wanted to avoid the rush at the passport ofice. The ceremony was fairly quick. we were out by 2pm

Regards

Rox

Phoenix D/O
NBC*000022XXX
12/26/08 Mailed N400 Application
12/29/08 Priority Date
1/3/09 Received Receipt Notice
1/6/09 Cashed Check
1/9/09 Received Fingerprint Notice
1/13/09 Fingerprint Completed
2/21/09 Interview Notice Letter
4/10/09 Interview Date-completed and recommended for approval
4/24/09 Oath Letter Recieved
5/8/09 US Citizen

Hi All-

My interview is on the 19th, and I am getting ready for it. I am prepared (I think) for the questions based on the new test, and have compiled a list of documents based on what they requested and the sticky thread on this subject.

The only thing is, my original birth certificate is in bad shape and in tatters, did anyone get asked to show their birth certificate?

I currently have the following in my list of documents-
GC, Passport, Interview Letter, SSN card, Marriage cert (although i am filing on 5 yrs), Photos, Drivers license, birth cert for child/self, tax return.

Is there anything I am missing? Any tips for the interview..?

Thanks!!

Take the birth certificate - even if it is in bad shape

You do have the list of documents that might be needed. Most of the people dont get asked anything beyond there GC and DL.

Best of Luck

Thanks asdasd....here is the scoop-

It seems like I have lost the folder with my birth certificate, marriage certificate, school transcripts etc.

I do have sworn affidavits from my parents about my date of birth, and the other documents...so if I get asked for my birth certificate or marriage certificate, I am screwed!!

Any suggestions? Should I tell them I lost the BC/Marr Cert if they ask me? I am frantically looking for this folder now......

Thanks!

phx_dude, did you get married in Arizona? If so, get a copy on Monday.

http://www.clerkofcourt.maricopa.gov/new_contacts.asp#copies

COPIES OF SUPERIOR COURT RECORDS
(This includes questions about Marriage Licenses, Divorce Decrees, or Court Cases) To view information on the website click here, or to speak with a deputy clerk you may call the Clerk's Public Records Office and Customer Service Center at (602)-506-3360

If your birth certificate is in another language, translate it. I was asked to show them as they throught there was a mistake in my name.

They didn't care about seeing my marriage license. They had that on file frommy green card application

Thanks Cregan! Appreciate the detailed information...it was nice of you.

I actually found my original marriage certificate and a non-notarized copy of my original birth certificate......the folder is still missing.

I hope this will be ok.....will keep you guys posted.

No, I have not.
I only requested the PPC. I don't have a need for the Book within the next year and didn't want to go through the expense.
I am anxious to get it though. Would've liked to travel accross the border just to see what it feels like, lol :D

The online status says they're working on it. So does my husband's, we both requested them the day of the oath. He already has the book.
Going on the 6th week this Friday. :(

What does the status say when they've been sent, if anything at all?

Thanks Phx_Girl !

It went smoooooooth!!!

The whole thing only lasted about 10 min-
The officer was super nice, and did not even ask me for anything other than GC/Drivers license.....I had received the yellow letter and was expecting to get asked for the child's birth certificate....but all I was asked for was the GC/drivers license.

I was asked me to take an oath, and then the information in the application was quickly verified....and then the test...it was simple-
1. What is the supreme law of the land?
2. Who can veto bills?
3. Name a US territory.
4. What is the capital of your state?

and a cpl more...and that was it! I was asked if I could take my oath on June 5th and I jumped up and said "YES!"....:)

This forum has been great! And thanks to all of you for your advice and support!

Q's for BobSmyth

Transcripts are accepted by USCIS. You can either include them with application or bring them to interview.

Disclose both tickets on the application. For the imprudent speed case, obtain court documents for the arrest that show final charge and fine was payed. Either send this with application or bring it to interview. No need to obtain documentation for the minor citiation.

Send it in with application or bring it to interview. I would suggest you send a copy with application and bring original to interview to reduce chances of USCIS misplacing original.

BobSmyth,

What did you mean when you said "Obtain COURT DOCUMENTS for the ARREST that show final charge and fine was paid"?
I called the court, and they asked, "What exactly are you looking for? We can give you a copy of the plea agreement - that you plead to a lower charge (Speeding - Civil), and we could give you a statement showing zero balance. We can even stamp them for you. What more do you need?".

Thank you, again.