Phoenix AZ - N-400 Timeline

Everyone, congrats. I'm so happy to see things are moving along. I keep quiet but I miss you all :) it's busy time until 15 days from now for me, lol

Thx, cregan.

Hey, I have a question for you. I hadn't asked, because I didn't know if you were still around. Being a US Citizen and all. :D
What is the procedure at the oath ceremony, for us that have a name change?

thx!

just want to say hello to everyone:) Following is my timeline:

01/30/2009: Notice Date
02/13/2009: FP Notice Received
02/21/2009: FP Missed
03/20/2009: Yellow Letter Received
03/21/2009: Walk-in FP Done
04/03/2009: IL Received
05/29/2009: Inteview Date

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to hear that, asdasd. What's important is to finally be done w/ the ordeal and not have to deal w/ USCIS anymore.

Hello, Dustin!
Glad to see you're moving right along. How did you miss your FP appt?

Hi asdasd,

I too had my Interview on 3/18. However, I have not yet received my Oath letter. Can you tell me how to get in touch with the Lvl 2 officer? Did you get anything in the mail for your wife's oath? TIA for your help.

asdasd; Does that allow you to travel on time?

McTavish, let us know how it went.

It all went well and I'm done :D

Briefly, we parked in the multi-storey next to the courthouse $10 from about 12:15 to about 2:20.
It's just a 2 minute walk to the courthouse entrance.

My wife had a penknife in her bag so she got pulled up at the security check and had to leave it there and claim it on the way out, tell your friends and family to leave the guns and knives at home :)

All the oath takers lined up and handed in the oath letter at the door, the GCs were collected inside the courtroom in order of seating and dictated how the certificates were handed out.
So if you have someone with you walk in together.

There was a pack on each seat with a SS form, voter registration form, US flag, copy of pledge etc.

We had an explanation of what would happen and a stern warning that they would be watching our lips to ensure that the oath was said, I kid you not!:eek:

Then an SS guy walked us through completing the form and stressed the importance of handing it in downstairs after the ceromony.

Then the judge showed up, we took the pledge, played the Star Spangled Banner and listened to "I'm proud to be an American" with much flag waving :)

The judge gave a short talk on the meaning and responsibilities of being a citizen.
Then it was all done. Wah hay! :D

Just the passport to get now.

Not as brief as I'd thought :D

Congrats! No more USCIS! No more waiting and being nice! Now you can demand your benefits! :mad:

:D
ahhhh:rolleyes:

Does SS only take forms from newly made citizens?
I would imagine so, that means my husband will have to go wait in line at the SS office. I sure wish they had that at his oath.
We said we would go in and do it together, but he'll have to do it alone now. :p

Hey Guys-

I got a yellow notice in the mail today saying that additional documentation may be needed. They are asking me to bring to the interview-
1. Two photos
2. Drivers license
3. Certified copies of birth certificates for all children born in US (my daughter was born here).

Is it normal to ask these documents? Can I take the same photos that I sent in with my application (I took 2 extra copies in Feb)?

Thanks!

Yes it is normal, don't worry.
As long as the photos are good they should be ok, but why not take two more to be safe? It could save time and money in the long run.

Thanks McTavish! Also, my wife and daughter are not in the US currently, and she is also not planning to file for citizenship now....is that an issue from the standpoint of the interview?

This is because she has been gone for > 6months and I am wondering if they will make it an issue during the interview.....if they ask how long she is gone, should I tell the that she has been gone > 6 mos? The problem is that she is taking care of her sick mother and I dont know when she will be back.....

It seems that your application is based on 5 yr of GC.

Your wife's situation should have no impact on your application. Most likely the officer will not ask you for any documentation.

We have see other applicants where they received similar yellow letter, but was completely ignored by the interviewing officer.

It seems that your application is based on 5 yr of GC.

Your wife's situation should have no impact on your application. Most likely the officer will not ask you for any documentation.

We have see other applicants where they received similar yellow letter, but was completely ignored by the interviewing officer.

I agree, but tell the truth about your wife if you are asked.

Hi asdasd,

I too had my Interview on 3/18. However, I have not yet received my Oath letter. Can you tell me how to get in touch with the Lvl 2 officer? Did you get anything in the mail for your wife's oath? TIA for your help.

Same experience, had my interview on 03/18 morning, but no Oath letter as of Date. During the interview the Officer asked if I would be interested in participating in a special Oath Ceremony at a school on 04/29, and I declined thinking a regular ceremony would happen sooner ... oh well :(

Tried calling the the 800 number and got the standard "Call us after 90 days" response ...

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Update:

Tried asdasd's approach below and got to a Level2 IO and was told that my Ceremony is on May 1st Whew :)

(8003755283 option 1-1-2-0
Used the method suggested by many to get to Level 2 IO. "Never received a Receipt notice; sent the application more than 30 days back". This statement took me straight to the Lvl 2 IO.)

Prabs15 - Congrats

3 people got interviewed the same day - Mar 18th
3 different oath dates - 17th Apr, 24th Apr and 1st May...