Philadelphia Transfer Cases

I have a question for my wife. She got a job offer in Maryland and will start to work there this June, while I will still stay at the same place in PA for a while. We have our I485 transferred to the Philly office ( I am the primary applicant). I am wondering if my wife updates her address in June, will the Philly office transfer her I485 (derivative) to the Baltimore office and we are going to have separate interviews at two different places, or we will still have our interview at Philly? Would that be a problem? I appreciate you share your experience if you had similar situation.

Bobby

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, Texan_pa,

How is your experience in local office in Philly. Could you please share with us.
Best Regards!

nnepudem

texan_pa said:
My ND of I-485 is June27, 2002. It's almost 3 years. My case is also NIW. I'll try the number nnepudem provided and see if I can find out my name check info. My FP was cleared on Feb16, 05. I made an appointment to the local office on May 4. Hopefully I can find out some information. By the way, I'll also appy for the 4th EAD.

Texan_pa

I came back with disapointment. One officer told me my case is still pending. She said it takes 12-15 months to process a I-485 case. She also told me I need to apply EAD through Texas service center. One thing is that she told me my finger print is cleared.

Texan_pa

name check and finger print

Hello, Guys..

It 's been a while. Looks like nobody is still on this boat. Please put some new stuff and encourage each other.

i have a couple of information:

Name check: you can call a # 949-389-3007 (though it's CA center. The person can tell you what is going on for your case.)

Finger print: you can call # 304-625-5590 ( they are very nice.)

nnepudem ;)

Let's move on

Guys,

Let's work together and keep this thread alive. Please update your case information if your case is not in the attached tracker oor the information is not correct. Since nemessis might be leaving, I would be happy to work on the update of the tracker of Philadelphia Transfer Cases.

We definitely need more cases, especially those transferred in 2005 so we can get a better idea about the processing trend.

Let's keep in touch and encourage each other,

bobbyren

bobbyren said:
Guys,

Let's work together and keep this thread alive. Please update your case information if your case is not in the attached tracker oor the information is not correct. Since nemessis might be leaving, I would be happy to work on the update of the tracker of Philadelphia Transfer Cases.

We definitely need more cases, especially those transferred in 2005 so we can get a better idea about the processing trend.

bobbyren

Hello, bobbyren,

Thanks for you great effort. We should do it as you suggest.

Cheers!!! Guys. We can encourage each other.

nnepudem is :

I-140 (NIW):

ND: 6/2002
AD: 3/2004

I-485:

ND: 12/2002
TD: 11/2004 to Philly
ID:??
AD:??

Hi bobbyren,

Thanks for offerring to take over ... I'm still around (but visiting less often ...) because my wife's applic wasn't approved yet, she was transferred almost 6 weeks after me, and last week-end she had to come to Philly for her 3rd FP (I hope that's the last),
nemessis

PS: As an advice, follow the main thread also, some ppl post there the transfers and not all of them are aware of the existence of local offices threads ( ... oops I noticed after I wrote this message that you alredy did that ... excellent )

bobbyren said:
Guys,

bobbyren
:mad: :mad: :mad:

The wait is still not over after 4 years

I visited Philly for interview at the end of April. The interview itself was fairly simple and straightforward, just like others described. Since my attorney chose to file my case as EB3 for whatever reasons, I need to suffer even longer to wait for the visa cut-off date to move. My GC journey started in early 2001, and it has been over 4 years. :mad: I guess my case is setting some kind of record in EB category.

I-485
RD 11/02
TD 11/04
ID 04/05
AD ???

Thanks for your updates, Aladdin and Nemessis.

Nemessis, did the LUD of your wife's I485 change after her FP? Mine never changed and the message remains the same (This case was transferred to Philly office on ......), although my wife did get her LUD (FP received and her case resumed) without any other LUDs further for a while. I called FBI for my FP and was told that they sent the result back to CIS on the same day when I did my FP. Maybe I should be patient to wait for some more time because of my EB2-NIW.

bobbyren

Bobbyren,

The LUD hasn't changed for neither me nor for my wife after the transfers ... for any of the steps, FP, interview, approval etc, I am not sure if after the transfer the LUD ever changes
nemessis

PS: can you provide please the link (or the phone number) with the info abt how to call the FBI for FP?

bobbyren said:
Thanks for your updates, Aladdin and Nemessis.

Nemessis, did the LUD of your wife's I485 change after her FP? Mine never changed and the message remains the same (This case was transferred to Philly office on ......), although my wife did get her LUD (FP received and her case resumed) without any other LUDs further for a while. I called FBI for my FP and was told that they sent the result back to CIS on the same day when I did my FP. Maybe I should be patient to wait for some more time because of my EB2-NIW.

bobbyren

Thanks for your information, nemessis. Looks that I shouldn't expect any LUDs after the transfer and I don't have to check LUDs everyday.

bobbyren

nemessis,
Congratulations on receiving the card. Hope your wife receives approval soon.

Also, one of my friends was interviewed in Philly on May 17th 2005 by officer D. This person was super quick and he was in and out in 10 mins....no question asked except the usual crime related. The officer did not even administer the oath :eek: . The officer asked to submit an original EVL and copies of W2 of last 3 years.

SGI,
Did your friend got stamped ?
we were interviewed by officer D also. It took us only 5 minutes. But he did not stamp our passport. do you think this is normal?

greenworld,

Yes the passport was stamped. His Priority date was April 2001.

If your priority date is beyond the current mentioned cut off dates then you may have to wait till the date moves.

If that is not the case with you, talk to your attorney.

sgi

sgi said:
greenworld,

Yes the passport was stamped. His Priority date was April 2001.

If your priority date is beyond the current mentioned cut off dates then you may have to wait till the date moves.

If that is not the case with you, talk to your attorney.

sgi

Hi, sgi and greeworld,

which type (EB2-RIR, NIW, EB1, EB3) case do you and your friend have?

nnepudem

nnepudem,

Here are the case details of my friend who got approved on 05/17/205 after interview at Philly local office.

PD: April 2001 (EB3)
I-485 RD: June 2002
TD : Nov 2004
Interview letter received : Sometime in April 2005 (not sure when)
ID & AD : May 17 2005

My case which was also transferred for interview to Philly office was approved on March 2005.

PD: March 2001 (EB3)
I-485 RD: July 2002
TD : Sep 2004
Interview letter received : Feb 4th 2005
ID & AD : March 11th 2005

greenworld said:
SGI,
Did your friend got stamped ?
we were interviewed by officer D also. It took us only 5 minutes. But he did not stamp our passport. do you think this is normal?

I would like to add one other point to sgi's response. Baltimore has been following this process of sending approval letters after the interview [not stamping on the same day]. This has been effective since March-2005. http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1085761&postcount=524

If you can browse the Baltimore transfer thread http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=93431, you will find more on this. I was interviewed on April-06, got the approval letter by April-13, then stamped it on April-18 and got the card by 23rd or so. Again, to concur with what sgi has stated I did not have the visa number issue as I am in EB2/RIR.

My guess is that Phily is also following suit with Baltimore's approval procedure.

HTH,
V!

sgi said:
nnepudem,

Here are the case details of my friend who got approved on 05/17/205 after interview at Philly local office.

PD: April 2001 (EB3)
I-485 RD: June 2002
TD : Nov 2004
Interview letter received : Sometime in April 2005 (not sure when)
ID & AD : May 17 2005

My case which was also transferred for interview to Philly office was approved on March 2005.

PD: March 2001 (EB3)
I-485 RD: July 2002
TD : Sep 2004
Interview letter received : Feb 4th 2005
ID & AD : March 11th 2005

Hi, sgi,

Thank U very much.

nnepudem

sgi,

thx ... I called today the FBI for my wife's FP ... they have sent the results back the same day ... the usual answer.

greenworld,

can you please post your case details? ... by not giving this info there is no way for other ppl to advice you
nemessis

sgi said:
nemessis,
Congratulations on receiving the card. Hope your wife receives approval soon.

Also, one of my friends was interviewed in Philly on May 17th 2005 by officer D. This person was super quick and he was in and out in 10 mins....no question asked except the usual crime related. The officer did not even administer the oath :eek: . The officer asked to submit an original EVL and copies of W2 of last 3 years.