Philadelphia Transfer Cases

Thanks guys, it looks like the things are moving much faster than in the prevoius years. I spoke with my lawyer briefly today (he received the interview letter) and the letter mentions something like: paystubs, proof of residence, EVL ... and driver licence. Anyway I have a meeting with him next week to prepare for the interview. good luck for all of you waiting, I'll keep you informed,
Thanks,
nemessis

Hi guys,

I received a copy of the interview letter today, it says that I am scheduled for 2pm on Apr 26th with officer C??? Any info about this officer? Is he a nice guy? Anyway the things they ask to bring: DL (checklist on the main page), after that there is a second page attached that looks very general because is for family based also and has: passport, EVL, pay stubs (doesn't say how many ...) proof of residence. Basically that's it.

My problem is now that my passport expires in Apr 25th (that's what it means "living on the edge", after 3.5 years in this process the passport expires the day before the interview :eek: ) and I don't know if I have time to get a new one. My lawyer assures me that it won't be any kind of problems. Indeed I went in the morning at the local office to ask abt my wife's AP (unsuccesfully though) and there was a guy there for interview that didn't even had the passport with him saying that it's expired. The officer asked him how is he going to prove now that he is permanent resident without having the passport stamped, because he said the plastic card usually arrives in 1 year (BS) ... anyway he fingerprinted him, interviewed him, in 5 min they were done ... so it is possible I guess.
I'll update here when I'll have any news,
Thanks,
nemessis

PS: One more Q: I received only 1 interview notice (for me, for my wife's not yet, her application was transferred ~1 mo later). Can I take her with me at the interview?

Last edited by a moderator:
nemessis,
I think you can take your wife with you to interview (and take her documents and pictures, just in case). I have red somewhere (someone posted this info) that it can result into two cases: 1) the officer was able to locate wife's files, and she was interviewd and approved (and both were stamped same day); 2) the officer was not able to locate files but they promised they will do it and schedule interview as soon as possible.

Info Regarding AP and Work Permit

Nemessis,

First of all congrats on getting the interview. I wish you good luck, and hopefully you will done soon.

Also, you have done a great job on compiling the spreadsheet to follow the transfer cases.

I have a question to you and others on the board regarding the Advance Parole and Work Permit application at Philadelphia. What is procedure now? Is both the application online, or it has to be filled out and mailed in? Does both the application require fingerprinting/interview? I am completely ignorant about the application at the local service center. Previously we sent the applications and check to vermont and got the approved documents in mail. I guess it is going to be lot more complicated at Philadelphia. What is the rough lead time for these documents.

Thanks for you responses.

Gujdho
nemessis said:
Hi guys,

I received a copy of the interview letter today, it says that I am scheduled for 2pm on Apr 26th with officer C??? Any info about this officer? Is he a nice guy? Anyway the things they ask to bring: DL (checklist on the main page), after that there is a second page attached that looks very general because is for family based also and has: passport, EVL, pay stubs (doesn't say how many ...) proof of residence. Basically that's it.

My problem is now that my passport expires in Apr 25th (that's what it means "living on the edge", after 3.5 years in this process the passport expires the day before the interview :eek: ) and I don't know if I have time to get a new one. My lawyer assures me that it won't be any kind of problems. Indeed I went in the morning at the local office to ask abt my wife's AP (unsuccesfully though) and there was a guy there for interview that didn't even had the passport with him saying that it's expired. The officer asked him how is he going to prove now that he is permanent resident without having the passport stamped, because he said the plastic card usually arrives in 1 year (BS) ... anyway he fingerprinted him, interviewed him, in 5 min they were done ... so it is possible I guess.
I'll update here when I'll have any news,
Thanks,
nemessis

PS: One more Q: I received only 1 interview notice (for me, for my wife's not yet, her application was transferred ~1 mo later). Can I take her with me at the interview?

I underwent the same situation

Gujdho,

I was in a similar situation like you. I sent all the documents to Philly office, which were sent to me back in 10 days. The Philly office advised me to file at Chicago Lock box. Since I had only about 90 days time, in order to avoid further delay, I e-filed for me and wife. THe application was sent to National Benefits Center, Missouri. But what a relief. Both our applications were approved in 45 days. So, you may save some time if u follow the same thing I did. However, you may wait to read others experience too.

It looks like it's better to e-file. I sent the applic full paper format to Chicago LockBox in Dec, ND was in Jan 19th, mine was approved my wife's wasn't ... had to postpone the trip.
Hope that helps,
nemessis

gujdho said:
Nemessis,

First of all congrats on getting the interview. I wish you good luck, and hopefully you will done soon.

Also, you have done a great job on compiling the spreadsheet to follow the transfer cases.

I have a question to you and others on the board regarding the Advance Parole and Work Permit application at Philadelphia. What is procedure now? Is both the application online, or it has to be filled out and mailed in? Does both the application require fingerprinting/interview? I am completely ignorant about the application at the local service center. Previously we sent the applications and check to vermont and got the approved documents in mail. I guess it is going to be lot more complicated at Philadelphia. What is the rough lead time for these documents.

Thanks for you responses.

Gujdho

compass said:
nemessis,
I think you can take your wife with you to interview (and take her documents and pictures, just in case). I have red somewhere (someone posted this info) that it can result into two cases: 1) the officer was able to locate wife's files, and she was interviewd and approved (and both were stamped same day); 2) the officer was not able to locate files but they promised they will do it and schedule interview as soon as possible.

compass,

thanks for advice. She'll come anyway from Boston and we'll see if they approve her on the same day.
nemessis

Share your exp

Hi Boddam,
How is your prepration for your interview, I wish you all the best for your interview on April 4th,Once you are done please share your experiances.I have interview on april 5th.
Once again good luck.
Thx
Surya.

Boddam said:
Hi Lowell,

Congratulations for your GC success. I am going to phillydelphia on April 4th for my I-485 employment based interview.

Now I am staying in Dallas and working for another company (not sponsoring company) but I didn't send any AC 21 etc.

Do you think is that a problem in my interview? Like in my driver's license the address is showing as Dallas but my interview is at phillydelphia and in all my documents (I-140 & I-485) the address is my sponsoring company address, is that create any problem. Please let me know as soon as possible. I am very tensed for my situation. Thank you so much in advance for your wonderful help.

Boddam

nemessis,

Congrats on your interview call.

As for the officers it's some kind of internal tracking. Also, get all your papers ready including a recent employment verification letter and latest paystubs. I too had a general request to get only DL but lawyer suggested since it's employment to get the EVL, W2's, paystubs.

Also, if you are an Indian national you might want to take a day off from work and go to New York and get a new passport, you have waited this long for a stamping to happen, why delay the process by taking a passport that is going to expire. If taking vacation is not possible try sending the passport and getting it back through express mail.

All the best for your interview.

sgi

Members,

Received card on 03/29 for interview held on 03/11. On 03/30 received welcome notices (2 each for every member) from USCIS. They seem to be really welcoming us :D .

USCIS never ceases to amaze me!

suryapet said:
Hi Boddam,
How is your prepration for your interview, I wish you all the best for your interview on April 4th,Once you are done please share your experiances.I have interview on april 5th.
Once again good luck.
Thx
Surya.

Hi Surya,

Thank you so much for your wishes. I am going to update the status once my interview is done. If you want to talk then please send me your phone number then I will give you call on 4th April after my interview. Thank you and wish you all good luck for your interview.

Boddam

Hi sgi,

Congrats for reaching the end of this painful process. I am not indian (european) and I already started the process for a new passport. I hope I'll get it in 2-3 weeks.
nemessis

sgi said:
nemessis,

Congrats on your interview call.

As for the officers it's some kind of internal tracking. Also, get all your papers ready including a recent employment verification letter and latest paystubs. I too had a general request to get only DL but lawyer suggested since it's employment to get the EVL, W2's, paystubs.

Also, if you are an Indian national you might want to take a day off from work and go to New York and get a new passport, you have waited this long for a stamping to happen, why delay the process by taking a passport that is going to expire. If taking vacation is not possible try sending the passport and getting it back through express mail.

All the best for your interview.

sgi

Hello

Boddam said:
Hi Surya,

Thank you so much for your wishes. I am going to update the status once my interview is done. If you want to talk then please send me your phone number then I will give you call on 4th April after my interview. Thank you and wish you all good luck for your interview.

Boddam
Hello Boddam,

Thanks,Please check your private message.

My funny episode continues. Yesterday my kid received 2 same I-797 welcome notices from VSC - (I181) saying that my kid will receive the Plastic card in 3 weeks, while no clue on me and my wife's GC.

Will keep updated so that everyone can know the CIS efficiency.

finally i got a letter please help

Hi Guys Finally I Got My Letter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Case Transfered From Nebraska To Philadelphia In November 5 2004
I Received A Letter For Interview yesterday 3/31/2005 calling me for an interview on april 28th 2005 And All What it says:bring my photo id and
They Checked For Me Twoo Boxes
1- Dispositions (court Records ) Of Your Arrest(s)
All Arrests
2- Other: See Attached
I Saw The Attached Paper And It Was All About Courts And Convictions In General NO SPECIFIC INCIDENT

So Now what Can I Do about That And I Have Never Been Arrested Or Convected Or Never Been In The Court Other Than The Traffic Court Which Is Normal. Any Idea Guys Please Shaire With Me
Thanx

Received Plastic Cards

All,

Received the plastic green cards and 2 welcome letters from Vermont on 03/28/2005 for me and for my wife .

I485 Notice date : 02/13/2002
Transfer Date : 09/08/2004
Interviewed,Approved and Stamped Date : 03/11/2005

Last edited by a moderator:
questions

Hi Guys,

I am a new member of this board. My I-485 case (EB3) was recently transferred to Phili office on March 10th, 2005. On my transfer letter, my original I-485 ND 02/15/2002 becomes the new RD of the transfer notice and 03/10/2005 becomes the new ND. Is this normal? Are they scheduling interviews based on the new ND or the original ND? Normally how long it takes to get the interview? I saw some of you have contacted Phili office to get an approximate date of interview. What phone number you called? I called the number on the transfer notice and found out it is a New York office and I always got the answer machine. I also called Phili office directly, but they told me I have to make an Infopass appoinment in order to make an inquiry. I live quite far away from Phili. So I cannot always go to Phili just to make an inquiry. Any suggestion? Thank you in advance for any information on these subjects.

RD 01/31/2002
ND 02/15/2002
TD 03/10/2005
ID & AD ???