Philadelphia Transfer Cases

Re: Transfer case received after 6 months

My case was transferred in June 03 but I never received anything like that, I dont know if my lawyer did.

Originally posted by yellowcard
My I-485 case was transferred by VSC in Sept. 2003. Recently, I received a letter from Philadelphia, which indicates that they received my I-485. It also shows that the normal processing time is 15 months and I shouldn't contact them before July, 2005.

Have you guys received this kind of letter? Is it normal for them to 'received' the case after more than 6 months of transfer date? Anybody get 2nd FP notice from Philadelphia?

Thanks

===========
RD: Apr. 2002
FP: June, 2002
TD: Sept. 2003
2nd RD: Apr. 2004

yellowcard,

Did you or your lawyer ever receive any transfer letters from VSC or Philly local office before?

My lawyer received transfer notice from VSC last september. Really don't know what have they done in the last 6 months.

Can we make a list of cases who have waited atleast 1 year

Can we make a list of cases whose cases have been transferred to Philadelphia, and have not received interview notice yet.

I know the oldest case on this thread is Turkish Engineer. Hope he gets the call soon

Good news

I received interview letter today in mail. It is scheduled for 17th May. I am very excited.

RD: 11/14/2001
TD: 06/13/2003

gcnotworth: good luck for your interview!

That's really good news! It sounds encouraging to other people too.

It seems for me cases transferred during May and June 2003 are processed normally and got interview notice recently. Some other time period transferred cases have been suffered for 'much later' receipt date at Philly.

My case was transfered to Phily on june 10, 2003, three days earlier than yours. I have not received a single word from them yet. Hopefully there will be some news in the near future.

One question for you:

Have you ever received "finger print notice" from them? Did they ask you to redo the medical examination before the interview?
Both of my finger print and medial examination expired long time ago, i never received any request from me about these.

wbxls,

I have received fingerprinting notice with interview letter. Need to take fingerprinting before interview. They never mentioned anything about Medical.

Hello, guys,

My spouse and I got 3rd FP notice from local Philly Office today. We didn't get transfer notice from Philly but our lawyer got it from Vermont Center.

Guys, do you think the FP notice is kind of "receiving notice"? How long will we receive interview notice after FP notice? Still one year or 10 months?

Anybody has similar experience with us? Please share your experience. Thanks a lot!

TD: March 16, 2004

Last edited by a moderator:
I got fp notice in Jan'04 and got our interview notice in March. We never got our T.notice from phili.

ND Nov '01
TD MAY 2003

Hello, jvs1,

Let me be the first one to give you the warmest Congratulations.

Go home and open one bottle of beer and enjoy it!

Congratulations jvs1

Enjoy your life.

Good to know the officer kept his promise.

Turkish Engineer: Did you hear anything yet?