Philadelphia Transfer Cases

Guys,
I got transferred to local PHL office last month(Feb'04).
I had applied for my I-131 (2nd AP renewal) in VSC on Nov.
I still haven't got my AP.
Now my question is :
Who will process my AP, VSC/ PHL ?
Does AP also get trasfer along with 485 ?
Who should I contact for my AP renewal. I still haven't got it.

Pl. let me know.

Hello, guys,

My case is transferred to Philly last month from VSC. My question is: if I change job out of Pennsylvania, my case will be transferred again.

Thank you in advance for your advice.

reply to turbo8

As far as I know, if you change your address outside PA, and when you inform local office, they will transfer your case to that state. But transfer process can also take months.

sgw,

I think you should call National Service number and find out. Also, you can walk into local immigration office and find out.

Turkish Engineer,
Any progress in your case?

Hello, Turkish Engineer,

Could you tell us what happened to your case? Why so long?
Did you contact somebody for your case? You are sure your case was put into the right place?

Many thanks!

Turkish engineer: did you visit them in person recently or sent any inquiry?

As of April 12, 2004, Philadelphia local office is processing Feb. 20, 2003 I-485 cases.

Your case should be adjudicated soon unless they did not properly put your case in queue.

Please let us know. Thanks.

By the way, who else haven't received an interview notice if your case was transferred before Feb.20, 2003? thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Talked to IIO at Philadelphia

I haven't received any notice for my EAD renewal in Philadelphia after two months. Today I just called them and after several trys a woman picked up the phone. She is polite but insists not providing any information on the phone. She said the only way for me to get any information is to go there in person. I asked whether my EAD renewal has been transferred to NBC since their web site says ... applications received after Feb. 17 will be transferred to NBC and mine arrived on Feb. 11. She said they are still processing EAD locally and processing date on the web site is the date they receive the mail.

Does any body else recently renew EAD and AP by mail to Philly and received either the receipt notice or renewed document? Thanks.

I applied AP for my wife recently, maybe 3/20. Just got a formal receipt, with the # of MSC... Lowell, how did you pay the CIS? Had they cashed your check?

Philadelphia scheduled an appointment for my EAD application. Anybody know what's the appointment? Will I get the EAD on that day?

Thanks

Interview over (Not Approved)(Approved: 4/28)

We wnt for the interview. We were called inside in 5 mts. Officer asked for all docs (birth,marriage, tax, ssn card ) and took copies for everything. It looks like officer considers research as studing and not work. Then usual questions. At last he said e.thing looks okay we will get notice and card by mail.

Disaoppionted but he didn't say anything bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lowell & yellow card
I applied ead and ap in second week of feb. Got AP in 2nd week of march. I had an interview for ead during 2nd week of march. It was just for fp and photo and they gave the card in 30 mts.

I got the notice for EAD today

I received a letter today asking me to pick up EAD at Philadelphia in person on April 27. Eventually they did process it. I sent the application (with photo, money order $120) on Feb. 9 and the notice letter is dated April 14, 2004. I am thinking if I can ask them to send it to me since it is four hours drive for me.

Have any person receive the EAD in mail without showing in person? Any suggestions?

To jvs1: I am sorry to hear that they did not approve your case right away. Hopefully your approval notice will come soon and you may have to go there for stamping again. I am wondering why they don't think your research work is not working but studying. Are you still a student or you already graduate and work for the university? I am just curious since I also work for the univerisity.

yellowcard: I sent a money order for EAD. It was cashed on March 1, 2004. I hope that helps.

JVS1

Hey JVS1..I am sure u must be disappointed... it is a shame.. how can they say u r studying when u r being hired by ur university to work... ..did they not see ur employment letter/??/..
don't worry... I am sure it will come in mail if that is what u were told... .. as long as the interviewer did not say u r not approved.. did he mention how long it will take for u to hear from them???

also had a question for u .....other people who went earlier have never mentioned tax returns... did they ask u to bring it with u in ur interview letter or did u just carry it.. and did they ask for current tax returns or the earlier one's that u had submitted during I-140 application?? please let us know.. thanks..

Lowell & smksm
It is post doc research assoc. She did not say I am studying. But I felt like that based on the questions. Any way I did submit the emp letter and tax return for 03. I have submitted prev years returns (RFE from VSC).
she said we will get it within a month.

jvs1

Thanks for the tax info.. i just asked coz most others never mentioned that they were asked for the tax papers.. mostly it was paystubs and employment letter other than the usual passport and stuff

as long as the interviewer mentioned that u should receive it in another month u should be okay .. i hope!!! so don't worry .. when u have spent so many months... another month .. whatelse can one do but wait .. but take it easy...Hopefully all will be well...good luck!!

Hello, guys,

I really need some information about Philly local INS: such as phone number, detailed address, etc. I will go there in person.

Could you supply these information?

Thank you very much in advance.

TD to Philly: March 16, 2004

Transfer case received after 6 months

My I-485 case was transferred by VSC in Sept. 2003. Recently, I received a letter from Philadelphia, which indicates that they received my I-485. It also shows that the normal processing time is 15 months and I shouldn't contact them before July, 2005.

Have you guys received this kind of letter? Is it normal for them to 'received' the case after more than 6 months of transfer date? Anybody get 2nd FP notice from Philadelphia?

Thanks

===========
RD: Apr. 2002
FP: June, 2002
TD: Sept. 2003
2nd RD: Apr. 2004