Philadelphia Transfer Cases

Lowell & others,

Thanks for the response. I applied along with my AP. I am working on H1-b which was extended last september. So I didnt apply for ead eventhough it expired on Jan'04. I think this might have triggered the interview. But I did send my copy of 140 approval and also h1-b extn. They might be thinking i am losing the job. Will this cause any problem for the final interview ? I think I shouldnt have applied ead.

My spouse applied last october (online) and got renewed by feb'04 (backdated ead).

Thanks

TURKISH ENGINEER,

Did you get interview notice. I think you are the oldest in the group. Please let us know.

I GOT MY INTERVIEW NOTICE TODAY

I REALLY THANKS GOD FOR . IWAS THINKING TO ABANDON THIS CASE ,BUT TODAY I RECEIVED A LETTER STATING AN APPOIMENT FOR THE END OF THIS MONTH. ANY ADVICES ARE WELCOME! PLEASSE GUYS ANSWER ME! MORE DETAILS AFTER THAT DATE.

Congrats

Hi,
Could you please post ur transfer date and receipt date etc. and also after ur interview ur experience. Good luck!

Yellowcard, Did you get any notice like this ?

jvs1,

I didn't receive any further notice regarding to the EAD application.

My wife's AP application was returned to us and showed that they need 3 photos for this kind of application. However, my AP was approved without any problem, though I just sent 2 photos to them. Interesting.

FOR SMSKAM:

PD 0616 02 ND 062602 EAC1 070302 EAC2 070503 FP1 083002 FP2 010804 TD 030403 ID AT THE END OF THIS MONTH AD ?

TO GC2MUCH

it is weird but one of my friend has his TD very close to yours and all other dates too..his case was transferred on may15th,03.. which means he should also get his interview hopefully soon... can u please give more info on what u received along with the interview notice.. meaning what have they asked u to bring along ..like photographs and tax returns paychecks .. and tax return from recent year or th elast year is good /??etc etc ..in detail please if u do not mind...thanks a ton and Good luck!!!

smskam

they asked any travel documents if i have any and they didnt ask any specific requirements. and they said we have to bring our documents in original which we submitted before and copies. Also they ask paystubs and employment letter. But they didnt specify for how long or how many years. I will post after interview what they asked and everything. Mean while if your friend recieves his interview notice before my interview date please let me know what is his requirements. thanks

GC2MUCH

I am assuming by "travel documents "u mean the I-94 etc..If they have not mentioned anything in particular , i guess it is best to take all possible documents..My friend hasn't received any interview notice so far, but I will let u know if he receives anything before. I also remember someone telling about taking some photographs(the EAD KIND)..U may want to ,incase they have not mentioned in ur letter. they may ask... Well Good luck .Look forward to ur reply .:)

To jvs1 (and others) - EAD interview

It's been a while since I checked this forum. Especially since nothing much has happened. However, this past week, I received a letter saying I had to appear for an interview regarding my application for renewal of EAD. Any idea what this is about?

I noticed that someone in Baltimore said the same thing happened and it was just a case of going in and walking out with the EAD. Is that what's happening in Philly?

I am extremely concerned as I am currently unemployed (got laid off in Nov and have been job hunting since).

Any thoughts?

Gotto go for interview

Hi guys & Turkey,

We have got our interview letter & we have to go for our interview by the end of this month. Little bit tensed abt what will happen. We are busy with preparing all the papre works.

Turkey, what happend to urs. Did u get any news from philly BCIS. I guess u shd be the next person to get interviewd.

RD 10/12/2001
ND 11/29/2001
TD 01/30/2003

Thanks,
Philapa.
------------------

philapa

Good Luck!! it seems that the district office did not give u a lot of time to prepare for ur interview. But u should be okay. Can U please let us know what paperwork they have asked u to bring with u . thanks...
I am a little surprised that the philly office has no particular manner in which they are issuing interview letters.. turkish has been transfeered a long time back and he has no interview yet.. GC2MUCH AND TORO i think were transferred in may,03 and have also received interview letters this month and ur transfer date is january 03 according to which, u should have received ur interview long time back.. but anywyas.. better late than never.. this waiting game is a misery.. all the best and please keep us posted...

I got my FP notice from phili in january. But my spouse didn't. It was last done on april 02. Any problem??. Do we need do enquire.
I am going for ead interview next week. any one please reply.

Thanks

Good luck to philapa for your interview!

jvs1: I think you will be fine. Who knows your EAD interview may trigger your I-485 interview.

Philadelphia is now processing Jan. 17, 2003 cases. It moved by one month than last time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Turkey,

I hope u'll be the next person on Que. U shd get ur interview letter by this week.

SmsKam: They have asked to bring latest paystubs, employment letter & proof of address(lease papers)

But we'r preparing to take all the INS documents as it was adviced by my lawyer to take all the papers. I hope everything will go on well.

I will post my interview exp later.

Lowell: Thanx for ur wishes. Hope everything will go on well.

Thanx for all ur suport guys.

Philapa.
-------------------

Hi Turkish Engineer, smskam and others,
We are back from the interview, everything went well and our passports got stamped, Here are the details,

Today i have interview at 10.30 and my wife at 11.00 and daughter 11.30. We reached the INS office by 10.00 am, Exactly 10.30 am we were all called in for the interview. First the officer asked whether we were accompanied by our attorney, we said NO.Then he asked are we still going to attend the interview,we said yes. He proceeded with the fingerprints and the signatures on the forms, he even asked my 6 year old she can sign her name , she said yes and she signed and he took her fingerprint also.

we entered in to thr room and after very short oath that we will say only truth he asked to sit my daughter in the back chair me and my wife in the front chairs along with 1 year old baby who is a u.s citizen. Then he asked the company name I work for, my job duties and how long i am working for the company,He asked for the Employment letter. I gave the employment letter and he read it and put in his file.After that he was busy for a while checking all the papers and the computer. Then he asked for the passports , he verified with us the name address DOB SSN , home phone # etc.

He ashed to enter my son name ,DOB Country of birth in aseperate application and put it in his file. Then he asked whether we travelled, we said NO, he took our EAD's and he said you don't need them because i am going to give your Green card today,then he stamped the passport he said we will recieve our plastic card within 3 months.

That's it, he congratulated us and we said thank you,
The whole process took 25 mins. we were out by 11 am.The officer is old and very very goog.The only document he aske dfor and he took was the Employment letter. He didn't even bother to see the paystubs taxes or w2. We carred lots of documents but he did not even ask for I-94.

Thank you guys for your wishes and good luck to all.