Philadelphia Transfer Cases

G-731v

I found that there is a form g-731v that you can mail to VSC and they mail it back with reply on where the plastic card is at it's stage...

we received welcome letter in today's mail, says notice I-181 CREATION OF LAWFUL....blah, blah, blah, i checked online status with the new EAC#, says both case were approved, card will send when it is ready, but i am really worry about on my husband notice, his name is misspelling, dont know it will show on the card or not, just hope it will be a correct name on his card, really dont want to file I-90 and start another waiting after this 5 years long waiting, anybody got the same situation and get the correct plastic card?

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally I found two more persons who had their applications pending longer than me. If your husband's name was spelled correctly in other communications that you received from BCIS then his card should have the correct name unless the guy who orders it again makes the same mistake and orders it with a misspelled name. Good Luck.

congrats MGM, get it finally, u must havent been this thread which u opened for long time, if not, u will find a bunch of people's cases are pending longer than urs, wish u the best! still dont know how they can mispell the name like this, now just wait the card arrive, hope it will be a correct one.

received plastic cards for me and my husband today, no magic, my husband card shows an typo error, :mad: contact my lawyer, she said that is administer error and they will fix it up for us, and we are ok with our PR status, the only different is we have to wait for at least a month to get another plastic card.

I am so happy for you j_j2001...you finally got it! How does it make you feel? :D We got both our cards now, mine came 3 days later than his and they each have different expiration dates but I think we can live with that...if you got the welcome letter, the card should come in a day or two after that... :cool:

never mind with the card...i gave reply to an older post... ;) does it say on the card the date it was issued or approved? that is the date 485 was approved...just out of curiosity to see how long your cases have been approved and none of us knew anything about it....our was March 10 and we only found out on March 20...so 10 days of horror when it could have been over...how about you?

Finally Passport Stamped

I am the person who opened this thread a long time ago. I am happy to report that finally my passport was stamped and I became a permanent resident as of 04/02/06. The passport was stamped by the Immigration Information Officer. She brought my file from upstairs and was putting my name and other information from my paper file to the computer and in the process made several mistakes. I think she quickly corrected those but who knows. I can understand now how they can actually make mistakes in terms of the spelling of names and other information. Except for the court order and the passport she did not ask for anthing. She did not take my EAD or any of the three 1-94s that I had. I even asked her if she needs those and she said no. She then gave me the biometrics form to be taken to the ASC and told me that I should receive the card in the mail within two weeks. I then went to the ASC and they took my photo and the print from only my index finger and told me that I am done. So far, this was my 5th or 6th biometrics. The only difference being that in the other cases they used to take the prints of all my fingers and used to submit those to FBI for clearence and this time they only took the print of my index finger. Also it seemed that they took extra care in taking my photo so that it conforms to their criteria. I guess I am done. I shall post one more time once I receive the card.
Sincerely,
MGM

congrats MGM, enjoy your freedom! how is it feel after this loooooong waiting? and thanks for opening this thread for all the people can change information, that's great.

Welcome notice typo and confused...

I'm confused...

we got stamped in January after receiving an approval letter.. Our passport indicated we were approved in October, they just didn't bother sending out a letter until later...

today I get a welcome notice from VSC... approval of creation of lawful permanent residence form I-181.... (and I got 2 duplicate letters and my wife none)

Was I a permanent resident before the I-181 was created?

they also misspelled my name in that they put my middle name together with my last name... so when viewed as a sentence it looks fine, but when viewed last name first, first name it makes me a different person... I need to travel soon... can I leave the country using that card or must I get a new one...

by the way, how does the name appear on the greencard.. is it first name, middle name, last name or last name, first name..

thanks

hi, paulo27: got the welcome letter finally, our name on green card shows like: last name, first name middle name(sometimes only shows initial) hope this can help.
yes, u r PR before I-181 notice, the physical GC will show u "residence since:___"the date is ur I-485 approved date(i think it is on ur PP stamp already)
still cant image how they print ur name as, u will know the result very soon. they mispelled my husband's name on both the welcome letter and physical card, hope they didnt type the same thing on ur card(MGM said sb. got correct name on card) good luck!

thanks

thanks for the info...

the stress never ends... you think after you get the GC approval it's over...

they just know how to find ways to make your life miserable...

I'm just surprised at how long it took Philly to send out my records and file the I-181. Approved October, I-181 receipt date april... took VSC 5 days from receipt to approval, so I know it wasn't VSC's fault...

well it took philly 6 mos after the interview to attach a missing fingerprint to our file and approve it... I'm just glad it's almost over...

Good luck to all!!!

plastic card finally

Today, less than a week after getting the welcome letter, I got my Plastic GC from VSC...

unfortunately, my name was misspelled as expected...

another month.... for another card...

can't believe they make so many mistakes!

can't believe they make so many mistakes! when i got my husband GC with an error, i thought we are the only one on this thread, but so quick, there is another one, i think we can track the I-90 in Vermont Service Center together right now, at least. dont know we should laugh or cry. keep in touch.

errors

fact that form I-90 has option D as service center error (misspelling) means it happens more than we know...

in my case, the Philadelphia office typed my name wrong since both GC and the welcome notice had errors

i think in my husband's case, also, the error is from Philly, "the guy who order our cards", and his name is mispelled on both welcome letter and the physical card, i cant believe it till now, i remember the guy who interviewed us, double check the name on the form and address, DOB, then we still get an error card, i dont know other person's feeling, but i really feel very very uncomfortable and the point is : nobody knows for sure how long it will take to receive another card ! do u have any idea?

does the error from local office will take longer time ?

u know what i think, does the typo error happened in the service center will solve quicker? i thought maybe they know the error is from local office, they should contact local office to get it fixed, that means waiting longer? dont know how they work on this kind of case.

Although there is no mistake in the spelling of my name, what the IIO did during the stamping was quite strange. She created a new receipt number for my case. While my previous receipt number had an EAC suffix (vermont service center), the new receipt number that she created has a SRC suffix (showing Texas Service Center). I noted that when I looked carefully at my biometrics order form. Anyway, then I checked with this new receipt number and sure there is an entry by that number which shows my receipt date as April 25, 2006 and the regular blah blah that it may take up to 900 days to adjust such cases. Then within the next three days there were three changes in the LUD. First it said that a Welcome letter has been mailed and then it changed to say that after approving the card they ordered a card and finally it changed to "this case has been approved and an approval letter has been mailed on May 4th". Today I also recieved the welcome letter and sure enough it came from the Texas Service Center. My Alien number and name and address are all correct though. I hope that next week I shall receive my card without any incident. It is not clear to me why they needed to issue a totally new receipt number for me and even if they did, why it was needed to change the service center. I am in Pennsylvania and under the jurisdiction of the Vermont Service Center. Anyway just wanted to mention this since it appeared to me to be a little strange.

GMG,

This might be related to the recent re-organization of USCIS for I140 & I 485 processing. I am so great to hear you guys got finally approved. Hope this will be the same thing for my case.

Did you get any LUDs in your old receipt number (EAC...)? I heard once a case is transferred to a local office, they will not update anything in that case. Just wondering if this is true.

bobby

MGM said:
... It is not clear to me why they needed to issue a totally new receipt number for me and even if they did, why it was needed to change the service center. I am in Pennsylvania and under the jurisdiction of the Vermont Service Center. Anyway just wanted to mention this since it appeared to me to be a little strange.

Hello Bobby,
No there is no LUD change in the old receipt number (EAC...). It simply says that that the case was transferred to the local office and all decisions will be made there or something to that effect. There is no change in that at all. And thank you so much for reminding me about the recent reorganization of USCIS. That must be the case otherwise why on earth will they change my case from a Vermont receipt number to a Texas receipt number. I really do not care as long as the card comes out clean without any error. The welcome letter did not have any errors so I am hoping that the actual plastic card will also have no error. I am hoping for the best. We will see. I shall update once I receive the card.
Sincerely
MGM