Philadelphia Transfer Cases

actually, bamba's lawyer got an email from Philly district office, not vermont, so we really dont know what's vermont's email address.

our attorney got the email from Philly and I didn't even see that email because it contained information about other cases and confidentiality bla bla...but she said that as of March 10 the cases have been approved. It blows my mind that they approved them 12 days ago but we did not get anything yet...obviously, since I didn't see the email I don't know the actual address that it was sent from...
we'll see what happens today with the PP, if they will stamp them or not...i'll keep you guys posted! There is hope for all of us!!!

what? case were approved on march 10? haha, maybe my case were approved already, but how come they make us so nervous by holding our approval letter so long....? tell u another story, i called my lawyer yesterday, u know what she said: i suggest u to make an appointment through infopass to see what's going on, so i say ur lawyer are really good, ours only say:just wait a little more time, u will get a letter soon...blah..blah, hope u keep posting especially u get a letter, i think they will stamp ur PP today, because when they check the computer, they will say APPROVED , right? waiting for ur new posting... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, they stamped PP today, she just called us. Even my husband's PP was stamped which is expired. Both of them are stamped finally. Maybe once I see them I will start believing it's true. It is a little unprofessional of them to hold the letters for so long. Nothing came in the mail today.

that's great!!! PP stamped already, u know what? my PP is expired long time ago, and our consulate refuse to give me a new one, they said they will give me a new one only if i get GC (what law it is? am i not the citizen of the country?) i dont know they will stamp my PP or now? but i really need a certificate if my GC approved stuff to get a new PP, can i know how long has ur husband's been expired?

hi, bamba,and everyone: i just want to know another thing: did u guys submit new photoes to Philly during the interview or PP stamping, i didn't, but the old ones we submitted long time ago is the old style (w/ one ear front), dont know they are still valid or not? do u guys have any idea?

Babma congrats once again, finally it's all over for you...for the rest of us we still have to wait and wait. You're right j_j2001, Bamaba does have a great attorney, my attorney tells me the same thing to just sit and wait, I asked if she could send them a letter to exepedite the case and her response was that sending a letter is pointless and at this time all that i can do is wait, it's really frustrating...i guess I'll have to make another infopass visit, don't see any point in doing this, but what other choice do I have really? But i'm really glad that Bamba got approved, it means that they're actually working on processing our cases at Philly office, it gives us some hope that maybe we'll hear something soon too :)

hi, nina_c, yes, the only thing we can do now is the infopass, i think this time that will help, if our cases are approved already, but wait for the letter being sent, then when they check their computer, they will find our cases already approved, so i suggest u bring ur PP with u , they will stamp ur PP then, i will do that in April, because i dont have any time earlier than that, last time awe went there, our cases were not approved yet, so it seems useless, try it again, maybe we will get it right way. i really dont know what to say about this: case were approved on Mar 10, haven't got the letter even today! what are they doing everyday? :confused:

his PP expired last year in march i think...couldn't renew it because his ID was expired too so the consulate didn't want to do anything for him...told him he needs to go to his home country, renew his ID first and then PP...so that's why I prayed today for the stamp...and they did stamp it...he will travel home with a travel document good one way to his home country and then when we return to US we can only pray again that they will let him in with the stamp on the old PP together with the new one...I will probably call de Dept of State to ask them

About the photos...nobody asks us for other photos...when we had the interview we saw the photos attached to our huge file so they still have them and I assume they are ok...hope that helps

i am really happy for you! going home country soon? when will be my turn? i have hear sth. about the ID stuff in some country, dont worry, i know sb. in our country, using the travel document back, and come in with new PP, but i know she had her plastic GC card with her, not sure about the old PP stuff, dont forget keep posting after u come back, let's know how long we can get the plastic card.

We are going in May and I don't think we will get the GC by then...we'll take our chances like that...I'll keep you posted! Don't worry your turn will come soon!!

any news? nina_c, do u get response from them by phone? no return call for me. i think maybe i cant speak English well, so they cant understand what i said, haha. ;)

no j_j2001, i haven't heard anything form them yet, I left a very clear and detailed message stating the reason for my call but...nothing. I think that we should just go to philly office, I made an infopass appointment for april, we'll see what happens. I'll let you know.

Best wishes :)

hi, nina_c, nothing happened, no letter no call, this waiting really drive me crazy, when u go to Philly Office, if the officer tell u ur case has been approved already, can u ask them one more question for me: where is your file now? i want to know maybe they have sent our files to VSC to processing the plastic card.i know that's just my wish, because that will be save some time for us.

j_j2001 I will let you know what happens with my infopass visit, i'll find ou about the file transfers to VSC

best wishes

no j_j2001 no news for me either, I'm waiting for my infopass appointment date, we'll see what happens then, but for now everything's pretty much static, no changes at all. Let me know if you get an update on your status.

Best wishes

yes, i will. i made an appointment in the middle of April, i think a week behind yours, i am sure u will get good news by then.