Philadelphia Transfer Cases

no j_j2001 nothing here either, my friends haven't recieved anything either, i'll let you know if anything changes.

take care

did anybody returned your calls from Philly? How long was it since you left the first message?

hi, bamba, long time no see u, i have not received any call from them , it has been more than 2 weeks, and till yesterday, i think nina_c didnt receive any call either, but we both made an appointment with them, mine is one week behind hers, hope we can find out sth. soon. :rolleyes:

Hi j_j2001 unfortunately nothing yet, my infopass appointment is coming up soon so i'm waiting for that. No one has returened my call from the I-485 adjustment number that Bamba gave us.

Take care i'll write if anything changes

hey guys, something must be really wrong in Philly because we never got our approval letters for 485. But we got today the notice for I181 which is "creation of record of lawful permanent residence". I checked the status online for this case and it says it's approved on 4/1. Actually, only my husband got that in 2 different letters that are identical....same eac# and that...so I don't know how they're working but it doesn't seem to have much logic...too bad they don't know how much people like us have at stake...I hope you guys are going to have great news when you go for the infopass!!!

Hi guys,

Anyone has experience to get an interim EAD at Philly Office? I e-filed my EAD renewal at Natinal Benefit Center on Jan 24, 2006 and it has not been approved yet (not sure why takes so long). My current EAD will expire on April 20. I have made an InfoPass appointment on April 12 to get an interim EAD. Do you think it is likely for me to get it before 90 days (actually 79 days since I filed the EAD renewal).

Please share your experience and I appreciate your help.

bobby

I don't know anything about interim EAD but I do know that EAD takes even longer than 90 days. If your employer doesn't require to see one every time the old one expires you should not worry about it. Hope it helps!

Thanks, Bamba. If I couldn't get the interim EAD before 90 days, I am going to take a vacation until 91 days and then go for an interim EAD again.

bobby

Bamba said:
I don't know anything about interim EAD but I do know that EAD takes even longer than 90 days. If your employer doesn't require to see one every time the old one expires you should not worry about it. Hope it helps!

hi, everyone, we went to Philly Office thro infopass to enquery my status today, and find out our cases have been approved for more than a month already, files have been transfered to Vermont to process the physical card, we were told in these days, they dont send approvals anymore but forward the file to VM directly, we got PP stamped, and start to wait the real card! :)
best wishes to everyone! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi j_j2001, CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm really happy for you, wow I' can't believe that they just stamped the passports right away, that's wonderful. That's it for you, your loong green card journey is finally over, lucky u :) I wish i hear some goods news soon
Enjoy it!!!

Congrats j_j2001..
I dont know when my turn will come. I-140 and 485 stuck in Philli for almost 2 yrs. PD 11/2000, turned current in March but no luck so far. Went to Philli even last week and was told that its with an officer still.

approval to plastic card

we've had our GC approved almost 6mos now and have the stamp since Jan.

Still no sign of the plastic card... how long is the usual wait now for the plastic card?

thanks

thanks, nina_c and Fromhyd, i know this waiting is killing, but we cant do anything beside waiting, dont worry, we will all get approved, just the time problem, Fromhyd, u were told ur file are with officer, that means u will get decision very soon, that what i was told last month, they said ur files has just pulled out by the officer, and u will get letter soon.
nina_c, i think ur case will be approved soon, just wait a little bit longer because i was told our kind of case belongs to "old system cases", it will take a little longer than the "new system cases", what kind of logic it is, first in last out! i and my husband just happen to see my lawyer in the CIS, that's what he told us.
wish everybody who are waiting for approvals can get it soon! ;)

paulo27 said:
we've had our GC approved almost 6mos now and have the stamp since Jan.

Still no sign of the plastic card... how long is the usual wait now for the plastic card?

thanks
i was told i will get it in a few weeks or a few months, did u call VM yet, u can try to call them to find out if they received ur files or not, i saw sb. post, they can get their cards in 2-3 weeks, see Bamba's post, their case were appoved on March 10, and get the plastic card already. good luck!

hope so j_j2001.. but I have a unique problem where my I-140 is also with the local office and they do not know what to do with it. Thats why the file has been with him for the past 2 months and no update yet.
Has anyone heard of any 140 approvals from local office.

j_j2001 said:
i was told i will get it in a few weeks or a few months, did u call VM yet, u can try to call them to find out if they received ur files or not, i saw sb. post, they can get their cards in 2-3 weeks, see Bamba's post, their case were appoved on March 10, and get the plastic card already. good luck!

Sorry, how do I contact VM? Is VM vermont?

thanks

this is what i found from other thread

hi, paulo27, i have not tried to call VSC yet, but i saw other thread and find this, hope will help:
try this - good luck
Please call the 1-800-375-5283 NSC and follow the below steps. Here is the sequence of steps i followed to get to this:

Press 1 (for english),
press 2 (for existing case),
press 6 (for case statues etc),
then press 1( for knowing your receipt no.),
enter the receipt # to get the automated response saying blah blah blah and also at the end saying this is the most upto date information on your case and our customer the same info national customer service agents have (i totally agree with this).
Then choose to continue to the next step "press 3" . choose 3
Listen to the options-
Option 4 "if you feel if you submitted together and one of the applications is left out and not processed (don't remmember the exact message text ..but something about companion case "

You get transferred to VSC after choosing option 4.

Last edited by a moderator: