Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker

VAhoper said:
Sorry if I missed any discussion although I'm reading this forum religiously everyday. Why cannot we people in this forum convert to PERM (if we convert, we can keep our PD, right?)? What are the restrictions that are holding us back?

Given all the bad news, it looks like it is the best if we can convert to PERM....

If you convert to PERM then the 30-60 day limit does not apply to your case meaning you are in the same boat as before of waiting although you do keep your PD (as if it matters anymore) so why even bother to spend more time and money.

On another note, I spoke with my lawyer about converting to PERM or file a different case with totally different job descriptin, title etc, his opinion is to wait and see until June 05 to see whether DOL can deliver on the promise of 30-60 day PERM or not. We have been listening to DOL promises for so long that its like crying wolf.

Ok Guys posting after long time

Called the hot line with one simple question, are you going to wait for all the application before you send out decisions...the answer was NO, they are in fact deciding cases as we spoke or as I am typing, they have already started the process. I do not know why anyone here has not seen the cases, but atleast that was the reply...anyone can cross check..and please dont call Barbara, I already talked with her...

Good luck guys, lets keep the perspective here, shall we!!

rgds,
a

Totally confused

akela said:
Called the hot line with one simple question, are you going to wait for all the application before you send out decisions...the answer was NO, they are in fact deciding cases as we spoke or as I am typing, they have already started the process. I do not know why anyone here has not seen the cases, but atleast that was the reply...anyone can cross check..and please dont call Barbara, I already talked with her...

Good luck guys, lets keep the perspective here, shall we!!

rgds,
a

Akela,

I am totally confused with your reply. The DOL statement taks about processing once data entry is over say late summer. Now you say they have started to process the application. If they started to process we would have seen some appovals. I am not questioning you please.

This DOL always confused us and we live on it. How much time rrquired to review a case? Man. I am telling you I am totally confused............... :confused: :confused:

mamamiax said:
Akela,

I am totally confused with your reply. The DOL statement taks about processing once data entry is over say late summer. Now you say they have started to process the application. If they started to process we would have seen some appovals. I am not questioning you please.

This DOL always confused us and we live on it. How much time rrquired to review a case? Man. I am telling you I am totally confused............... :confused: :confused:

Fellow inmates,

Lets wait until the end of April. I suspect we'll start seeing approvals / denials start to trickle. In fact, didn't we see a post by Pinkuben in February saying her application had been denied.

If it happened in February 2005, it had to have been by the BPC. Of course, I am only speculating.... and even though I am sorry for how it went down for Pinkuben, it does mean someone is processing and adjudicating.

Also - Pinkuben's PD was 2001 if my memory serves me right. Remember, most 2001 cases will be non-IT cases therefore this forum may not see evidence of adjudications as much since the BPC's will be working with 01 cases first.
Also, it is noteworthy that even though the BPC's may begin adjudicating right now, for one: they are not going to apply all 100 contractors on adjudicating as data entry MUST continue, and secondly: the contractors applied onto adjudicating cases will be trainees hence take more time to complete until their confidence levels build up.

Therefore, lets chill until the end of April, anyway we've heard dont call us for 90 days after responding to the 45 day letter, give them a little slack and add 90 days to Dec 31st, and we're in April -- so the end of April is not an unreasonable time to wait until.

-- your friendly neighborhood crawler, spidey

mamamiax said:
Akela,

You are not alone :)

I doubt they have approved any case (even non-IT)

I strongly believe that BPCs didn't approve any single case so far, even non-IT. Eventhough non-IT people don't post here, but the lawyers might have known by this time if they have got any case approved for their clients....

I started to believe that whoever these sweet voice ladies in DOL are just giving wrong info either by themselves or advised by their supervisors to do so(not to affend Tomshu/Akela).

Think a minute, how come we are getting this info leaks (eventhough conflicting information) as DOL is so secret about their plans.

Again, this is not to discourage Tomshu/Akela for their valuable time enquiring BEC.

- MD2001

spidey said:
Fellow inmates,

Lets wait until the end of April. I suspect we'll start seeing approvals / denials start to trickle. In fact, didn't we see a post by Pinkuben in February saying her application had been denied.

If it happened in February 2005, it had to have been by the BPC. Of course, I am only speculating.... and even though I am sorry for how it went down for Pinkuben, it does mean someone is processing and adjudicating.

Also - Pinkuben's PD was 2001 if my memory serves me right. Remember, most 2001 cases will be non-IT cases therefore this forum may not see evidence of adjudications as much since the BPC's will be working with 01 cases first.
Also, it is noteworthy that even though the BPC's may begin adjudicating right now, for one: they are not going to apply all 100 contractors on adjudicating as data entry MUST continue, and secondly: the contractors applied onto adjudicating cases will be trainees hence take more time to complete until their confidence levels build up.

Therefore, lets chill until the end of April, anyway we've heard dont call us for 90 days after responding to the 45 day letter, give them a little slack and add 90 days to Dec 31st, and we're in April -- so the end of April is not an unreasonable time to wait until.

spidey said:
Fellow inmates,

I know we should stay hopeful. But we have had soooo many rounds of "lets wait till next month" since so long ago. What is the official answer from DOL on WHEN they will /or have started processing the cases? I thought the official line from DOL is after all data is entered. I doubt the staff in DOL will do more than what is promised on the official line, usually they do much less....

MD2001 said:
I strongly believe that BPCs didn't approve any single case so far, even non-IT. Eventhough non-IT people don't post here, but the lawyers might have known by this time if they have got any case approved for their clients....

I started to believe that whoever these sweet voice ladies in DOL are just giving wrong info either by themselves or advised by their supervisors to do so(not to affend Tomshu/Akela).

Think a minute, how come we are getting this info leaks (eventhough conflicting information) as DOL is so secret about their plans.

Again, this is not to discourage Tomshu/Akela for their valuable time enquiring BEC.

- MD2001

DALLAS BEC has approved some cases & started processing .. I don't have information about Philly

gp111 said:
DALLAS BEC has approved some cases & started processing .. I don't have information about Philly

Source of the information please

:) Finally :)

Last edited by a moderator:
RahulatDC said:

Source of the information please

:) Finally :)

My Attorney has received NOF for 2 cases (PD of 2001) last Friday & as per my communication with him Dallas BEC has started sending out Approvals & NOFs.

Thanks GP, Akela

Guys,
Its really good news and hope we will see one case approved in this week.

GP, can you pls post additional info like PD etc (if u can) about these cases which got NOF.

I know Philly is lagging but it cannot escape from following the DOL..

- MD2001

gp111 said:

Any Approvals - gp111?

Jus curios....

gp111 said:
My Attorney has received NOF for 2 cases (PD of 2001) last Friday & as per my communication with him Dallas BEC has started sending out Approvals & NOFs.

Latest on BEC at Murthy.com

Read the article at http://www.murthy.com/news/n_becbpc.html.

BPCs Caseload & 45-Day Letters As of March 3, 2005, the BPCs had received a little more than 180,000 cases. Of these cases, about 86,000 (approximately 48 percent) have been entered into the new BPC database system. Only approximately 40,000 of the 45-day letters have been sent out to date. This is only about 22 percent of the cases they have received. As a result of the 40,000 letters sent, the DOL has only closed approximately 300 cases - less than 1 percent! This is far lower than the percentage that the DOL had expected to have closed out with the 45-day letters.

Timeframes for Case Processing at BPCs
Atlanta and Chicago still have a total of approximately 10,000 labor certifications that they will be transferring to the BPCs. New York, Boston, and San Francisco will continue to process the cases they have until January 2006. It is not clear if the offices will remain open, if they still have cases at that point, or if they will send their cases to the BPCs. It is still projected that the BPCs will remain in operation for 24 to 30 months, if adequate resources are provided.

Case Reviews and Training of Staff

The DOL indicated that the contractors have begun reviewing cases for compliance with DOL guidelines, though training is continuing. Reviewers will be cross-trained on regular and reduction-in-recruitment (RIR) cases. The DOL does not expect to use a universal standard for RIR filings. Instead, the BPCs plan to apply the standard used in the region where the case was filed.
©MurthyDotCom
FIFO for all Cases
The DOL has indicated that they will use the First-In / First-Out (FIFO) method for all cases, regardless of occupation.

I dont see how DOL can implement FIFO, when they admit that only for about 40,000 of the cases have they send BEC letters.

So guys, it is going to be a long grind.

That's good news

That means at least they are processing the cases after the 45-day letter reply...

gp111, I'm still confused about the order of processing, though, based on posts in other forums. I read there that there will be two separate Qs for RIR and TR alright (and BEC will try to see that the two Qs move together) but RIR-Q for Dallas will be independent of RIR-Q for Philly (same for TR-Q).

Your posts suggest that there will be ONE national level RIR-Q and both Dallas and Philly will draw from that list in FIFO (same for TR-Q).

Which is correct? And is there any authoritative source for that info?

Thanks!

gp111 said:

Whatz a "TR"?

Hey GotGC,
I know whatz an RIR & NON-RIR!!
But whatz a "TR"?

Thanks,
Immidude74

GotGC?? said:
That means at least they are processing the cases after the 45-day letter reply...

gp111, I'm still confused about the order of processing, though, based on posts in other forums. I read there that there will be two separate Qs for RIR and TR alright (and BEC will try to see that the two Qs move together) but RIR-Q for Dallas will be independent of RIR-Q for Philly (same for TR-Q).

Your posts suggest that there will be ONE national level RIR-Q and both Dallas and Philly will draw from that list in FIFO (same for TR-Q).

Which is correct? And is there any authoritative source for that info?

Thanks!

DOL statements are too diplomatic

I have been reading a lot about DOL saying things like "the contractors have begun reviewing cases for compliance with DOL guidelines" or they are "processing" applications. Does anyone know what they exactly mean by these reviewings and processings? Does any of these mean they are "certifying" or "denying" applications? I still wonder how many inspections my li'l application has to go through before I get a verdict.
I hope our hotline gurus can find out from them if they have approved any applications yet?

My friend needs help

I know its a MD SESA question, and I have asked there, but since you guys are veteran, so help me out if you can...This is regarding a frnd of mine

The labour certification was supposedly filed in Sept-oct of 2004 (the company and lawyer as usual are not helping..the person is in the 6th year now). The company phone number is known (in fact company has only 1 number). How can that person verify that the labor has been filed, is there a number at MD SESA or BEC that can be CALLED TO FIND THAT and application was rcvd.

Thanks,
a

yours_sincerely said:
I have been reading a lot about DOL saying things like "the contractors have begun reviewing cases for compliance with DOL guidelines" or they are "processing" applications. Does anyone know what they exactly mean by these reviewings and processings? Does any of these mean they are "certifying" or "denying" applications? I still wonder how many inspections my li'l application has to go through before I get a verdict.
I hope our hotline gurus can find out from them if they have approved any applications yet?

These are all rumours........ I don't think we will see any approvals for at least another 3 months, they will most likely start sending approvals after 6 months(this is another rumour as well).

BEC is a black hole, things go in there but they don't come out. Nothing has come out so far.

We are just seeing a mirrage in a big desert. I am not expecting to get greencard until 2009. That's my predection:) and another rumour

TR = Traditional Recruitment = Non-RIR

That's another word we need to add to our immigration-speak :)

immidude74 said:
Hey GotGC,
I know whatz an RIR & NON-RIR!!
But whatz a "TR"?

Thanks,
Immidude74