Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker

yours_sincerely said:
I don't quite understand these retrogressions though I know that people have posted some really good material on this issue. Is it possible for dates to retrogress more than once? For example, if EB3 has become April 2002 now, is it possible that it will retrogress again if lots of approvals start coming in through PERM. My understanding was, that the PERM guys cannot file 485 until the BEC guys hold the dates back and the dates could only move forward from here as PERM priority dates would be later than ours.
Similarly, if EB2 retrogresses once to lets say Jan 2002, the PERM guys will have to wait until all the BEC guys (assuming their labors get approved in a year) get their fair share of visa numbers. Is my assumption correct?

I have not read anywhere that the PERM applicants with approved Labor cannot file for their I-140 until the BEC backlog is cleared... this would be good news for the folks stuck in the BEC, but terrible news for the PERM folks and for people whose Labor Certification is denied and have to re-apply. I suppose we'll have to live with seeing people who file in Apr 2005 getting a green card in 12-18 months, even as people are waiting from Apr 2001... and what is worse is that PERM would most likely also cause a severe retrogression in the visa numbers, which could adversely impact people with PDs in 2002, 2003, 2004 etc... and that would REALLY be a travesty! I think PDs can retrogress multiple times - they can also go forward and then go back again... it all depends on the number of people applying for visas at any given time.

Regards,
VK

Thanks

Well, visa numbers don't get retrogressed due to I-140 but due to 485. So they can definitely file for I-140.
vk2003 said:
I have not read anywhere that the PERM applicants with approved Labor cannot file for their I-140 until the BEC backlog is cleared... this would be good news for the folks stuck in the BEC, but terrible news for the PERM folks and for people whose Labor Certification is denied and have to re-apply. I suppose we'll have to live with seeing people who file in Apr 2005 getting a green card in 12-18 months, even as people are waiting from Apr 2001... and what is worse is that PERM would most likely also cause a severe retrogression in the visa numbers, which could adversely impact people with PDs in 2002, 2003, 2004 etc... and that would REALLY be a travesty! I think PDs can retrogress multiple times - they can also go forward and then go back again... it all depends on the number of people applying for visas at any given time.

Regards,
VK

vk2003 said:
Hello all,

I just got a case number back from the Dallas DOL status email address - the case number they gave me was P-04266-XXXXX - it took about 21 days to get an email, so those of you that are still waiting for responses from the status check could use that as a guide... they also included the standard info about no further status available, no contacting them for 90 days etc....

I also got a letter from my attorney that they got the 45 day letter yesterday and they have faxed a response back yesterday.

Here are the case details...

Case Number: P-04266-XXXXX
PD: VA SESA Mar 2002
RD: Philly DOL Nov 2003
45 Day Letter Received: Mar 15, 2005
45 Day Letter Replied: Mar 15, 2005

Thanks!

Congrates, Could you please tell me what did you write?

spidey said:
How in the name of the Gods did you manage this. :confused:
Today is March 16th and I quite certain of this. ;)

Thanks for pointing it out spidey and whatheheck.. spidey your expression seems that you are in a state of shock there.. you must have thought for a second that I was predicting the future..

Folks sorry about it.. ton of work and by mistake I had put in the wrong dates(for the days). The corrected dates are : received 45 day love letter on the 10th of March and sent reply on the 14th of March.

Hmm.. wish I could predict the future thereby able to tell eveyone as to when they will be able to get their GC.

Thanks
GCVARUMA

correct list in 45 day letter

I finally got a fax from my attorney. He did not mention about the correction list but I noticed in the letter it pointed out one correction item saying "employer address cannot be verified". I guess this is because my employer recently changed headquarter. I am not sure how the attorney responded. It takes forever to get hold of him. I guess this is a common correction item for a lot of people.

I am very frustrated with this attorney. I just discovered the 45 day letter sit in his office for 20 days until I emailed and asked about the letter and then he replied. Folks in this forum, I seriously suggest you double triple check every document because your lawyers won't pay close attention as you do. like my attorney, he has thousands of cases.

Orisa & Tomshu

Hello my friends,
Do you have any update from your hotlines :confused: :confused:
You know that now the only thing we want to know is when are they going to start certifieing the LC and wich criterio are they going to use ... PD ???.

Regards.

Got the letter

My lawyer got the 45-day letter today and faxed the response to BEC.

All those waiting for the letter should get it soon.

According to our lawyer it will be FIFC so we cannt see any approval before data entry over.So we have to wait till end of summer.

Choclito said:
Hello my friends,
Do you have any update from your hotlines :confused: :confused:
You know that now the only thing we want to know is when are they going to start certifieing the LC and wich criterio are they going to use ... PD ???.

Regards.

That sucks

sunny26 said:
According to our lawyer it will be FIFC so we cannt see any approval before data entry over.So we have to wait till end of summer.

If they have to wait to complete data entry...... :mad: They have no brain!
God forgive them they dont know what they are doing :mad:

mamamiax said:
If they have to wait to complete data entry...... :mad: They have no brain!
God forgive them they dont know what they are doing :mad:

They have the smartest brain! That is why, nobody, nobody on this earth can force them!!!

Real Intention

First of all we should know the real intentions of DOL, BEC and other immigration related departments. These days i started believing that these people are just trying to make fun of us and make us big time fools. They are just draining our skills, effort, energy, money etc. On top of that they keep us in dark without giving any information. I know many people have already spent thousands of dollars for GC processing, and many people(husbands and wifes) with highly qualified skills are just waiting to get their EAD.

Do you think its difficult for them to process and certify these LC applications? I don't think so. Instead of making things easy, they are working hard to make things very very difficult. Also see how the system changes frequently and alienate immigrants from rest of the population. I think the real intention is not to provide us anything but make our life more miserable.

My sincere advice to follow members, make and save as much money as possible. Convert your $ into your local currency as early as possible. Because one day you will have to go back to your home country.

Sunset of Current Labor Certification System and Last-Minute Strategy Before the Suns

:) Now, the launch of the PERM program is less than 10 days away, and the curtain will come down for the current labor certification system as of the mid-night of March 27, 2005. As of today, it appears that two things may be clear. First, there will be practically few PERM cases that can be filed before the end of March 2005 because of the last minute release of the DOL policies in the form of Q&A and the current practical unavailability of the 4-level prevailing wage determination by the SWAs nationwide. It appears that the SWA people have been invited to a meeting for the training of the 4-level wage determination on March 24, 2005, and pending the training, the SWAs seem to be reluctant to give out the 4-level prevailing wage determinations. Because of the PERM system that requires completion of the recruitment process, including job order, at least 30 days prior to physical filing of the applications, practically filing of any PERM cases may be either impossible or close to impossibility for the two reasons. One is that certain recruitment step such as job order requires at least 30 days, practically requiring minimum of 60 days prior to filing of the PERM application on March 28, 2005. Thus unless the job order was filed in the middle or early of January 2005, no one can file a PERM application on March 28, 2005. Secondly, the employers' recruitment process has been delayed because of the unavailable prevailing wage determination under the four-level wage system which took effect on March 8, 2005. In fact, the details of the definition and the formula for determination of the four-level wages was "not" made available until March 8, 2005!!! Such action of the DOL has invited a potential failure of the PERM system at least at the initial phase of the program. On top of such timing factors, the DOL policy has created "fear factor" for refiling or for that matter, even new filing, under the PERM system. Knowledgeable experts also predict that the DOL may intensify "audits" at the initial phase of the PERM system in order to demonstrate to the community and political forces that the PERM system would not invite rampage of fraudulent filings.

:mad:By now, we have learned that the PERM application is not as sweet as we have expected. The situation makes us to rethink of filing of the labor certification applications before the current system is terminated at the end of the day of March 27, 2005. Judging from the information which was released by the DOL in the form of Q&A, it appears that dual filings of labor certification may be available, one under the current labor certification system and the other under the PERM system, and one does not see any harm or to lose anything to consider such dual filings for the safe side. At this point, RIR filing is out of question because of the prevailing wage determination and 10 business day notice posting requirement. However, the conventional "regular" labor certification application is still available and will remain available until the mid-night of March 27, 2005. Unlike the RIR or PERM applications, all it takes to file a regular labor certification application is to complete two sheets of application forms, ETA 750 Part A and Part B in duplicate. Such filing will also give a chance for the employers to wait and see how the PERM system operation will unfold. The point is, however, that March 27, 2005 will mark a "bridge of no return" and unless the ETA 750 is filed before March 28, 2005, this opportunity under the current labor certification rules and laws will permanently evaporate.

:( Considering the fact that EB-3 visa numbers may retrogress worldwide at some point in the future and even EB-2 for some nationals may retrogress in the future, it is going to be a long journey for the labor-certification based immigration. This makes the PERM labor certification reengineering less attrative to some extent, more or less, as the certification of labor certification will not give any benefits while they wait for the visa numbers. The 7th year extension of H-1B will remain open for the H-1B professionals regardless of certification inasmuch as 365-day passes after filing of the labor certification application. "Certification" as opposed to "pending" would not give any edge when it comes to the USCIS proceedings other than that labor certification application approval will allow the employers to file I-140 petitions. It is too sad to see the PERM program moving into a dark cloud. The PERM program would have been successful, had it launched earlier and in the right directions. The DOL has failed in both of these. By now, everyone knows that "conversion" or "refiling," whatever one may call it, may remain only in the black letters without much meaning, at least for the foreseeable future. The PERM program will fail to achieve the goal of reducing the backlogs which have ailed the labor certification system of this country for years.

:confused: For the next eight or nine days, the labor department may rather see the flood of regular labor certification applications pouring in, exacerbating the ailing foreign labor certification system of the nation. We hope the best for the DOL leadership.

source:immigration-law.com

Recycle Bin

Hello friends,
BEC is just like a Recycle Bin. When you delete any files from your computer you'll get a "Confirm file delete" diaglog box. The message will read "Are you sure you want to send your file to Recycle Bin?"

BEC is sending similar type of diaglog box (45 letters) to us. "Do you want to continue processing?" Once you say "YES" it is definitely going to go to the recycle bin. I'll explaning you how and why?

Some people say that BEC will not start processing the cases until they complete the data entry. By the time they complete the data entry, 45 days confirmation letter will become obsolete. Because these 45 days response will be 6-9 months old by the end of summer.

After data entry, we will receive one more letter. May be this time they call it 22.5 days letter asking for confirmation once again? Again we will send our response. What will happen now?

Now remember you 45 days letter is already in recycle bin. Do you know what will happen to the file if you delete it from recycle bin? PERMANENT DELETION.

BEC forever

:mad: It has been reported it would be FIFO based on priority date after all the data is entered into the system and then all the letters have exhausted the 45 day time frame. They have entered about 1/4 so far in 4 months. So i guess it would take another one year to complete the entry and get all the responses. So i guess it would be only next spring we could see any approval of April 2001......

The worst is happening! Source: http://www.immigration-law.com/

03/20/2005: DOL Backlog Elimination Time Table

* The DOL Q & A states that it would take from 24 month to 30 months to totally eliminate the permanent labor certification application backlogs. This was first disclosed at the PERM Briefing Session on January 10, 2005 in Chicago which this reporter attended. Now people are wondering what the DOL meantswhen it says it will take from 24 months to 30 months. At the Briefing Session, the Chief of Foreign Labor Certification Division stated that it would be counted from March 28, 2005, the starting date of the PERM program.
* In fact, the DOL initially planned to remove all the backlogs in two years beginning from October 1, 2004, according to the initial release of the plan. However, the DOL changed the backlog elimination period to more flexible period because of the unpredictability of the impact of the PERM program. The original planner of the PERM/Backlock Reduction Plans in the DOL Five-Year Strategic Plan apparently started on the premises that once the PERM program would be initiated, a substantial number of backlog cases would be refiled for conversion and the actual number of backlog cases would be substantially removed not by the Backlog Reduction Program itself but by the conversions.
* It appears, however, that there may be only a few backlog cases which may be refiled under the PERM Program. Obiviously, this turn of the event would definitely affect the timeframe of backlog elimination and even 30-month target may turn out to be too optimistic considering the current pace of the backlog reduction process and negative prediction of conversion of backlog cases to the PERM applications. Because of the backlog reduction processing rule of processing cases on First In First Out basis, the Backlog Processing Centers have to first identify and establish the national queue after most of oldest cases have been shipped and data-entried at the Backlog Processing Centers. Unconfirmed sources indicate that the Backlog Processing Centers are overwhelmed by the amount of files and the work of processing of these files. As everyone knows by now, the DOL disclosed very recently that the 45-day letters had been sent out to only 40,000 applicants. (See our March 7, 2005 posting). Assuming that the backlog statistics remain at 300,000 or even more, we have a long road ahead to see actual decision of the backlog cases, we are afraid!

tomshu said:
03/20/2005: DOL Backlog Elimination Time Table

* The DOL Q & A states that it would take from 24 month to 30 months to totally eliminate the permanent labor certification application backlogs. This was first disclosed at the PERM Briefing Session on January 10, 2005 in Chicago which this reporter attended. Now people are wondering what the DOL meantswhen it says it will take from 24 months to 30 months. At the Briefing Session, the Chief of Foreign Labor Certification Division stated that it would be counted from March 28, 2005, the starting date of the PERM program.
* In fact, the DOL initially planned to remove all the backlogs in two years beginning from October 1, 2004, according to the initial release of the plan. However, the DOL changed the backlog elimination period to more flexible period because of the unpredictability of the impact of the PERM program. The original planner of the PERM/Backlock Reduction Plans in the DOL Five-Year Strategic Plan apparently started on the premises that once the PERM program would be initiated, a substantial number of backlog cases would be refiled for conversion and the actual number of backlog cases would be substantially removed not by the Backlog Reduction Program itself but by the conversions.
* It appears, however, that there may be only a few backlog cases which may be refiled under the PERM Program. Obiviously, this turn of the event would definitely affect the timeframe of backlog elimination and even 30-month target may turn out to be too optimistic considering the current pace of the backlog reduction process and negative prediction of conversion of backlog cases to the PERM applications. Because of the backlog reduction processing rule of processing cases on First In First Out basis, the Backlog Processing Centers have to first identify and establish the national queue after most of oldest cases have been shipped and data-entried at the Backlog Processing Centers. Unconfirmed sources indicate that the Backlog Processing Centers are overwhelmed by the amount of files and the work of processing of these files. As everyone knows by now, the DOL disclosed very recently that the 45-day letters had been sent out to only 40,000 applicants. (See our March 7, 2005 posting). Assuming that the backlog statistics remain at 300,000 or even more, we have a long road ahead to see actual decision of the backlog cases, we are afraid!

Thanks for GREAT news. We probably will be waiting until 2008/2009 for labor certification. Since we waited 4 years already, we can wait 4 more years.
:)

Thats what I said earlier they have no brain

:eek:
hangu said:
Thanks for GREAT news. We probably will be waiting until 2008/2009 for labor certification. Since we waited 4 years already, we can wait 4 more years.

There intention is very clear. Make us crazy in this country. Could any lawer take up

hangu said:

Converting to PERM

Sorry if I missed any discussion although I'm reading this forum religiously everyday. Why cannot we people in this forum convert to PERM (if we convert, we can keep our PD, right?)? What are the restrictions that are holding us back?

Given all the bad news, it looks like it is the best if we can convert to PERM....