Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker

orissa said:
BEC Update.

1- When we are going see some approvals
* We are still processing all First In first out basis in our new system
2- Shall I expect to see some results, in weeks or months from now
* Probably month or so, infact we are processing right now and issuing NOF (Notice Of Findings) to some cases.

Note: Last week I asked, got replied you will see result end of March

They already started sending NOF, if anyone received please post here in this forum.

Thanks

Thanks.,

First In first out basis in our new system

Do we have any details about this system., what is the priority?
It it based on SWA PD or 45 day letter number or combination?
These are FAQs on BEC Process
we need to start a thread on this FAQs

http://www.murthy.com/news/n_newinf.html

Can any one please explain this to me:
This effort is also part of the backlog reduction plan, as the DOL will be able to narrow its universe of cases by terminating those cases where the employers do not wish to go forward. The DOL has a stated estimated timeframe of 24-30 months from the implementation of PERM for the completion of its backlog reduction efforts. A final estimate is expected at some point after PERM is implemented and the DOL can judge how many cases will remain pending to be adjudicated under the old system and how many will be withdrawn from the backlog and re-filed under PERM

The DOL has anticipated and hoped that employers will lean toward PERM and change pending cases over to the PERM process. This would reduce the work of the BECs. However, this change-over may not be very likely for many, due to the potential loss of the priority date. The filing date (priority date) has now become an issue for nationals of India, mainland China, and Philippines, a factor that the DOL may not have fully considered in its desire to shift its caseload towards PERM.

Guru's please share your thoughts on the following topics:

1. DOL may insists our employers to convert the cases to PERM???
2. The processing time 'clock' for 24-30 months has already started or it's starts from March 28, 05?
3. According to Orissa, they have already started processing and sending NOF's, meaning we may not to worry about 24-30 months time frame.

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

Infor from BEC

GOD_BLESS_YOU said:
Thanks.,

First In first out basis in our new system

Do we have any details about this system., what is the priority?
It it based on SWA PD or 45 day letter number or combination?
These are FAQs on BEC Process
we need to start a thread on this FAQs

I asked a couple questions a few minutes ago using my HOT-LINE, basically I got the same answers as the ones Orissa posted. I also clarified the FIFO rule. Basically she said the FIFO rule is based on SWA PDs, she further said that they had already started mailing decision letters for cases filed during April, 2001. I then asked her how long time it would take for my case (PD: Oct 2001) to be processed, she said it would take a while, maybe a couple of months, or even half a year to reach my PD cases.

Be patient, folks!!!

--Tomshu

Last edited by a moderator:
45 day letter from Phili BEC

Was told that i got my 45 day letter from Phili BEC last week.But i dont know my tracking number though.Looks like they wont give me that.
DOL:Atl
RD :03/2004

Please add me to the consolidated list

Half a year to reach even Oct 2001 cases??

My GOD, at that rate it would take forever for clearing the backlog!! For much for Backlog "Elimination" Centers

tomshu said:
...I then asked her how long time it would take for my case (PD: Oct 2001) to be processed, she said it would take a while, maybe a couple of months, or even half a year to reach my PD cases.

Be patient, folks!!!

--Tomshu

Hello Gurus!!!

Here are my details...

SWA: Virginia
SWA Receipt Date (Priority Date): October 31,2002
Forwarded to Philadelphia Regional DOL on June 22, 2004
BEC Case Number: P-04282-15***

Did Not recvd the letter yet. Is this fine??. Anyone who filed before me from "VIRGINIA" still waiting like this. Tomshu and ORISSA any suggestions... i'm little scared.I've sent a mail to status enquiry and got by BEC case number from dallas.

But i wonder why i had not received the letter. My new attorney filed G28 for me and after this my case moved to philly. SWA sent letter to our new attroneysaying myu case moved to philly. I hope this means they have my latest attorney details. please throw some light on how to proceed. thanks in advance.

Folks and gurus in this forum,

Is BEC the last stage of processing for LC now? Or case would be transferred somewhere else afte it is done? Thanks in advance.

Tomshu, I'm confused now!

Some of us have already got the labor approved by state and waiting for Federal. Some are still waiting for state labor.

When you say Apr. 2001 cases, do you mean those people who filed in 2001 and already got state labor?

If BEC is also working on state labor, it will take forever....

I hope I was wrong.

fastergcwanted said:
Folks and gurus in this forum,

Is BEC the last stage of processing for LC now? Or case would be transferred somewhere else afte it is done? Thanks in advance.

As far as I know yes BEC is the last stage of processing for LC. However you can never say anything for sure about Backlog Creation Center.

tomshu said:
Basically she said the FIFO rule is based on SWA PDs, she further said that they had already started mailing decision letters for cases filed during April, 2001. I then asked her how long time it would take for my case (PD: Oct 2001) to be processed, she said it would take a while, maybe a couple of months, or even half a year to reach my PD cases.

Be patient, folks!!!

--Tomshu

By decision letter do you mean approval/denial letter or 45-day letter? :confused:

filed in sept 2001 and am still waiting for love letter..
raj_vagc_oct02 said:
Hello Gurus!!!

Here are my details...

Did Not recvd the letter yet. Is this fine??. Anyone who filed before me from "VIRGINIA" still waiting like this. Tomshu and ORISSA any suggestions... i'm little scared.I've sent a mail to status enquiry and got by BEC case number from dallas.

But i wonder why i had not received the letter. My new attorney filed G28 for me and after this my case moved to philly. SWA sent letter to our new attroneysaying myu case moved to philly. I hope this means they have my latest attorney details. please throw some light on how to proceed. thanks in advance.

My application was filed at Virginia SWA as RIR in July 2002. It was moved to Philly DOL in April 2004. I have not received the 45-day letter yet. Many who have filed after me have received their 45 day letters. You will find more organization in a zoo than in these freakin' BPCs.

Please add my info to the tracker.

I sent an email to Philly BPC and their reply was that they were unable to provide any information. I've sent another email to Dallas and it has been five day but no reply yet.

Thanks.

raj_vagc_oct02 said:
Hello Gurus!!!

Here are my details...

The worst thing happen

The worst thing happen, It lppks Back log creating center will work on Apr 2001 case first which is TR cases under 245i, there are hundred thousands of them, I am afraid of it may take more than one and half years to finish them only. If it really happen, it is the worst thing for all of us, because we all are at the far end of the queue, no matter PD is 2001, or 2002. I am so dispointed, so frustrated, so despair, forget about RIR, convert to PERM.
PD 06/11/2002 CA
RD 05/01/2003 SFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGC?

Half a year to reach even Oct 2001 cases??

My GOD, at that rate it would take forever for clearing the backlog!! For much for Backlog "Elimination" Centers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomshu
...I then asked her how long time it would take for my case (PD: Oct 2001) to be processed, she said it would take a while, maybe a couple of months, or even half a year to reach my PD cases.

Be patient, folks!!!

--Tomshu

worriedEngineer said:
The worst thing happen, It lppks Back log creating center will work on Apr 2001 case first which is TR cases under 245i, there are hundred thousands of them, I am afraid of it may take more than one and half years to finish them only.

I know everyone is entitled to their opinions, but why post something like this? and make it sound like facts? You are just stressing yourself and everyone else out.

Philly BEC has the following SWAs with cases still in April 2001 (Regular)

Connecticut, Washington DC, Georgia, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island and South Carolina.

The only twoh high volume states in there are NY and NJ. Between both of them, 60,000 cases were filed 245i back in April 2001. This figure includes both RIR and Regular. I don't know the breakdown between the two, but all RIR cases have been processed and they have been procssing the Regular ones since early 2002. So, pick a number: 1/2 of them are left that would still be 30,000 (and I'm guessing so don't go quoting this number). I actually think I'm overestimating.

Beyond that NY RIR was still in October 2001 when all the transfers happened. Other than that cases at SWAs are from 2002 or newer.

So if you take the 30,000 (as an example), 5,000 cases processed per month - 6 months before they get passed that hurdle.

And while I like predicting as much as anyone else, I would give at least 2-3 months to see how fast they are actually processing cases before reaching any conclusions.

Getting info from Philly DOL...

Hi-

I saw on the forum someone mention Info@PHI.DFLC.US as an email address to inquire on individual labor case status. When i sent out an email, i got the following response....."At this time, we are unable to provide any status information on Permanent Labor Certifications. Please contact your employer or attorney.".... Has anyone in this forum sent out email to the above address and was able to get a more specific information?

DE SWA PD: 12/2002
Philly DOL PD: 08/2003
NOF: 04/2004
NOF Responded: 04/2004
45 Days Letter: ????

Thanks.

P.S. IF anyone here in the forum got a NOF on Company Headquarter issue or so called forum shopping and are awaiting to hear back from DOL after responding to their NOF......If you would let me know what your status is that would be great. Thanks.

I recall reading that a possibility of introducing separate timelines for regular and RIR categories cannot be ruled out. If that is the case, RIR cases may be processed faster than Regular cases and most of the 245i cases are filed in regular category.

kb_gc

sick_of_waiting said:
My application was filed at Virginia SWA as RIR in July 2002. It was moved to Philly DOL in April 2004. I have not received the 45-day letter yet. Many who have filed after me have received their 45 day letters. You will find more organization in a zoo than in these freakin' BPCs.

Please add my info to the tracker.

I sent an email to Philly BPC and their reply was that they were unable to provide any information. I've sent another email to Dallas and it has been five day but no reply yet.

Thanks.

I sent email to Dallas and didn't get reply either. Been waiting for more than one week. :confused:

I received the same reply from Philly as yours.

GCDE02 said:
Hi-

I saw on the forum someone mention Info@PHI.DFLC.US as an email address to inquire on individual labor case status. When i sent out an email, i got the following response....."At this time, we are unable to provide any status information on Permanent Labor Certifications. Please contact your employer or attorney.".... Has anyone in this forum sent out email to the above address and was able to get a more specific information?

DE SWA PD: 12/2002
Philly DOL PD: 08/2003
NOF: 04/2004
NOF Responded: 04/2004
45 Days Letter: ????

Thanks.

P.S. IF anyone here in the forum got a NOF on Company Headquarter issue or so called forum shopping and are awaiting to hear back from DOL after responding to their NOF......If you would let me know what your status is that would be great. Thanks.

let's wait and see what really happen in back log creating center

I know everyone is entitled to their opinions, but why post something like this? and make it sound like facts? You are just stressing yourself and everyone else out.

Philly BEC has the following SWAs with cases still in April 2001 (Regular)

Connecticut, Washington DC, Georgia, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island and South Carolina.

The only twoh high volume states in there are NY and NJ. Between both of them, 60,000 cases were filed 245i back in April 2001. This figure includes both RIR and Regular. I don't know the breakdown between the two, but all RIR cases have been processed and they have been procssing the Regular ones since early 2002. So, pick a number: 1/2 of them are left that would still be 30,000 (and I'm guessing so don't go quoting this number). I actually think I'm overestimating.

Beyond that NY RIR was still in October 2001 when all the transfers happened. Other than that cases at SWAs are from 2002 or newer.

So if you take the 30,000 (as an example), 5,000 cases processed per month - 6 months before they get passed that hurdle.

And while I like predicting as much as anyone else, I would give at least 2-3 months to see how fast they are actually processing cases before reaching any conclusions.