Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker

sick_of_waiting said:
My application was filed at Virginia SWA as RIR in July 2002. It was moved to Philly DOL in April 2004. I have not received the 45-day letter yet. Many who have filed after me have received their 45 day letters. You will find more organization in a zoo than in these freakin' BPCs.

Please add my info to the tracker.

I sent an email to Philly BPC and their reply was that they were unable to provide any information. I've sent another email to Dallas and it has been five day but no reply yet.

Thanks.

Exactly the same situation and no letter yet. Same reply got from Phily for case status request mail. Please let me know if you get your 45-day and I will PM you if i get any information. All the best.

karthick_m said:
Exactly the same situation and no letter yet. Same reply got from Phily for case status request mail. Please let me know if you get your 45-day and I will PM you if i get any information. All the best.

Why don't you send a status enquiry e-mail to Dallas BEC? They will give you a case number if your case has been entered into their system.

mvinays said:
Why don't you send a status enquiry e-mail to Dallas BEC? They will give you a case number if your case has been entered into their system.

I did that. Dallas didn't respond in two weeks and Phily told me that I should contact my attorney/employer.

karthick_m said:
I did that. Dallas didn't respond in two weeks and Phily told me that I should contact my attorney/employer.

That is exactly what happened with my emails. I got the DOL case # by calling (215) 861-5286 and entering the company phone number. The case # was not available immediately and I had to make several tries to get this number.

I got mine

Hello Friends,
It seems my employer received my "45 days letter". She just called me and informed about the notice. I don't have the full detail right now. I'll update my case detail once i get it.

Thanks

whatheheck said:
Hello Friends,
It seems my employer received my "45 days letter". She just called me and informed about the notice. I don't have the full detail right now. I'll update my case detail once i get it.

Thanks
Congratulation!
i also got mine today too..

Got my 45 day letter

Here's my case detail

SWA: MD
PD : Feb 12, 2002
NOF : Aug 12,2004

Philly DOL
Receive Date: Aug 31, 2004

45 day letter received: March 07, 2005
Response: : March 08, 2005 (They are responding tomorrow)

Dont have the new case number yet. Can someone update the tracker.

Backlog Processing Center Processing Update

:D According to the AILA, the status of current processing of backlog cases at the Dallas and Philadelphia Backlog Processing Centers is as follows:

:( Total number of cases received from the state offices: Over 180,000.

:) Total number of cases completed data-entry: Approximately 86,000. Plans to complete the data-entry for all cases by the end of summer 2005. After data entry is completed on all cases, the workers would move over to processing.

:eek: 45-day letters issued: Over 40,000.

:D Timeframe for review of cases by contractors: Contractors are currently being trained. Once data entry is completed on all cases, they would move over to processing of applications.

:rolleyes: Processing standards: They will apply the standards of each Region rather than national uniform standards. Therefore, the variance in recruitment requirement and other standards among the previous 6 Regions will be preserved.

:eek: FIFO rule: Uniform national queue regardless of the occupations.

:rolleyes: It appears that people needs a patience.

source: immigration-law.com

Phew....so much longer?

I am seriously beginning to think that Backlog Reduction process is just giving hungry kids some candies (45 day letters) so that they have something to suck until the food is ready :rolleyes: It just does not make sense for guys whose cases have been transferred to their respective Regional centers to wait until all state data is entered. If they claim to finish all data entry by summer 2005 we can safely add another two months of variance. So, for the first data entered case to see the light of approval will be in October,2005? I can add another 6 months to 2001 cases, then other years. If immigration-law.com can be believed (for a change), then BRCs are speaking out loud "Guys, move to PERM!".

orissa said:
:D According to the AILA, the status of current processing of backlog cases at the Dallas and Philadelphia Backlog Processing Centers is as follows:

:) Total number of cases completed data-entry: Approximately 86,000. Plans to complete the data-entry for all cases by the end of summer 2005. After data entry is completed on all cases, the workers would move over to processing.

:D Timeframe for review of cases by contractors: Contractors are currently being trained. Once data entry is completed on all cases, they would move over to processing of applications.

:rolleyes: Processing standards: They will apply the standards of each Region rather than national uniform standards. Therefore, the variance in recruitment requirement and other standards among the previous 6 Regions will be preserved.

orissa said:
:Total number of cases completed data-entry: Approximately 86,000. Plans to complete the data-entry for all cases by the end of summer 2005. After data entry is completed on all cases, the workers would move over to processing.

End of summer 2005? that means Aug or sept 2005? Another 6 months to complete data entry?????

Does that mean that April 2001 cases processing begins only after Summer 2005? BECs began at the end of Aug 2004. Since then contractors were being given training to process cases and will end on after Summer 2005. That is ridiculous.

Why would they wait till all the cases from SWAs are entered, most of which would have a PD less than 1 year old. Instead they could begin parallel processing of older PDs?

I think being in RIR queue is no better than being in Regular queue as they intend to keep the speed of processing of RIR and Regular same. This beats the basic premise of filing permanent RIR.

kb_gc

Thanks for the update Orissa.. Been following all the postings but could not reply to all you guys.. work sucks.. Congrats to all who have received their love letter.. patience to all who have not yet received it.. I have not yet got my love letter..

orissa said:

Update on the Backlog Reduction Centers

Posted on AILA InfoNet at Doc. No. 05030769

UPDATE ON DOL BACKLOG REDUCTION EFFORTS
March 3, 2005

1. How many Applications have been shipped from the SWAs to the BRCs?
Slightly over 180,000.

2. How many applications have had data input into the new database systems?
Approximately 86,000.

3. How many 45 day letters have gone out?
Over 40,000.

4. How many abandonment or withdrawals have been logged?
Almost 300 withdrawals through February 2005.

5. How many new applications have been received by the SWAs since December 2004? Has there been a significant increase in new Applications in the lead-up to PERM? If so, how is it measured?
Information not tracked by USDOL.

6. What is the number of hired/trained contractor personnel at each BRC site?
Approximately 100 at each and they are looking at supplementing as DOL-ETA is making funds available. See Item 12.

7. Will Atlanta/Chicago continue to process traditional cases after March 28, 2005?
They will keep some temporary work only. They are in the process of shipping all other cases to BRCs. There are approximately 10,000 in total.

8. Have contractors begun to review cases for substantive compliance with DOL guidelines? If not, when is this expected to happen?
Yes and DOL is training now.

9. Do you continue to believe that the backlog reduction process can be complete in two years? If not, what is the current projection?
Current projection is 24 to 30 months, if DOL has adequate resources.

10. Will the same workers at the Centers be trained on both RIR and non-RIR cases?
They expect to cross-train initially since they do not know what kind of cases are in the boxes.

11. When do they expect to complete initial data entry on all cases?
The goal at this time is to finish data entry on all cases by the end of summer 2005. Additional resources are being made available by DOL for the initial data entry. After data entry is completed on all cases, the workers would move over to processing.

12. How long will satellite offices (New York, Boston and San Francisco) continue to process cases?
These offices will process the cases they have until January 2006.

13. Will there be an on-line system available to check the status of cases?
DOL is working on getting information on their website about which cases have shipped. They are also working on an e-mail capability to enable a party to find out whether a case is located at the BRC. The contractor staff would answer the e-mails.

14. Do they expect to deviate from FIFO based on certain occupations?
No.

15. Regarding standards to be applied to RIR filings, will they apply one national standard?
No, they plan to try to apply the standard used in the region where the case was filed.

Prepared by Fran Berger from
information provided by DOL official

SOURCE:
http://www.durrani.com/newsite/news_items/nactive_disp.asp?ID=1065

mvinays said:
PERM FAQs released by DOL. Please download the PDF file.

From the guideline, looks like Traditional RIR cases are allowed to convert to PERM while maintaining priority date. Given the answer from DOL that the data entry won't be done before fall and they only start processing after data entry is complete.., it may make a lot of sense to try PERM for RIR folks here.

But my question is, for converted case, does DOL still commit to the 45-60 day PERM turnaround time? If not, whats the time line for converted cases. We don't want to jump into another blackbox before knowing how long we are looking at.

Does anyone have info on this?

VAhoper said:
From the guideline, looks like Traditional RIR cases are allowed to convert to PERM while maintaining priority date. Given the answer from DOL that the data entry won't be done before fall and they only start processing after data entry is complete.., it may make a lot of sense to try PERM for RIR folks here.

But my question is, for converted case, does DOL still commit to the 45-60 day PERM turnaround time? If not, whats the time line for converted cases. We don't want to jump into another blackbox before knowing how long we are looking at.

Does anyone have info on this?

Few days back I have read somewhere that 45-60 day timeline is only for new PERM cases and not the converted one.
Also, converting to PERM means that you have to withdraw your application first and then apply, if DOL decides that you cannot convert to PERM your application will be withdrawn in any case.
So converting to PERM is risky and BEC are not willing to work on cases till data entry in over, basically we don't have an option, other then waiting, unless you are ready to change employers and go for PERM.

I am not worried as yet

Fellow sufferers,

I strongly recommend that you dont panic or feel frustrated just yet. We knew when this love letter wait started that at the end of it lay another wait, for approvals.
The internet rumors as they have been referred to in the past by some DOL employees and reported here by the likes of Tomshu and/or Orissa: our very own hot hotlines ;) are quite meaningless.
From what we have heard there are 2 conflicting stories floating around:
1. BPC's wont wait for all data entry to complete before adjudicating (reported by Tomshu and Orissa at some point in past)
2. BPC's will wait for all data entry to complete, reported by other members here (and if I am not mistaken at one point by one of our very own hotlines as well :eek: )

So - we've got 2 contradictory pieces of information. Of course, time will tell which one is accurate. In the meantime we can chose to believe what we want to believe and keep our spirits high. What else can we do, I am choosing to believe that we will start seeing adjudications sooner than the end of summer.

If I am wrong, at least I'll be hopeful while I am wrong and that will keep my head above water for now.

Spidey,
I agree with what you said, but the fact that BPCs have not started working on the case and are working on data entry and letter generation makes me think that they want to wait as long as they can before they start working on the case.
I hope you are right, my guess is they will start working on cases when PERM starts, this is just my guess and I have no idea how I came up with that logic :eek: Maybe because they want to wait and see how many cases gets converted to PERM.