Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker

EB2-RIR
VA SESA RD: 06/08/2003
Fwded to Philly DOL: 09/18/2004
New ETA case number: P-04364-08xxx
Letter received: Feb 25, 2005

Please update the tracker with my info.
Thx

Updated both Excel spreadsheet as well as Access database tracker with ApAp's info and added few more summary queries in the DB. Check them out.

Last edited by a moderator:
how about asking for opinion first?

mvinays said:
I scrubbed the data in the Excel spreadsheet and imported it to a clean MS Access database. This will help us query records based on dates and other fields of information. We can then generate statistical reports to churn out meaningful and reliable information. Please feel free to add any queries you may want to add. If you want to add reports, please do so. It will help all of us. Thank you all for your co-operation.

good idea/effort from your part mvinays...

BUT it would have been best i think if you had asked the opinions of other people on this tread before doing this...unless you had asked or others had agreed, and i just missed it somehow.

you could also have posted both the spreadsheet and the access file: to give everyone a choice. i don't think it should be assumed that everyone on this tread either has access or know how to use access.

you may want to add to the access file a consolidated report that provide all the data in one single place as it used to be in the spreadsheet.

on top of it i can't find my case in any of your reports...it used to be in the spreadsheet.

just my thoughts....

to mvinays

mvinays said:
Updated both Excel spreadsheet as well as Access database tracker with ApAp's info and added few more summary queries in the DB. Check them out.

never mind my last post mvinays. i just saw this. thanks for posting both!

i can find my case in the spreadsheet. but not in the access file.

foret1 said:
good idea/effort from your part mvinays...

BUT it would have been best i think if you had asked the opinions of other people on this tread before doing this...unless you had asked or others had agreed, and i just missed it somehow.

you could also have posted both the spreadsheet and the access file: to give everyone a choice. i don't think it should be assumed that everyone on this tread either has access or know how to use access.

you may want to add to the access file a consolidated report that provide all the data in one single place as it used to be in the spreadsheet.

on top of it i can't find my case in any of your reports...it used to be in the spreadsheet.

just my thoughts....

Sorry for not asking everyone's opinion.

Actually, I just updated both the Access and Excel and I uploaded both formats in my previous posting. That way people have the choice of downloading which ever format they want. I personally prefer Access since it can easily give us many statistical reports that we need. It also keeps data clean (E.g. Entry of illegitimate date values are not permitted). Also, we can export from Access to Excel easily.

I just queried your case and it exists in both of them.

Change of Designation

Can some one please provide information, what will happen when our designation and nature work is changed before filing I 140 and I 485.

Thanks in advance.

SRK.

stupid letter became love letter

srkotturu said:
Can some one please provide information, what will happen when our designation and nature work is changed before filing I 140 and I 485.

Thanks in advance.

SRK.

Received love letter last week. Exact date don't know. Lawyer replied it.

VA SESA EB3 RIR - Aug'02
PHI DOL - Apr'04
Letter received and replied: Feb'25, Assumed date (last week)
ETA#: P-0428X-XXXXX

srkotturu said:

Thanks in advance.

SRK.

Bad news SRK, your LC becomes invalid and you will need to start all over again. But you should confirm with a lawyer, this is what I have been told.
Basic premise of this process is that you are being hired for the position that the Labor Certification is approved for, if your designation or work profile changes your labor certification approval becomes invalid.

If you look deeper, YES you are right, it means your career cannot grow while you are in this process. And as we all know that means a good 4 to 5 years if we are lucky (or are we really???) - I mean can you call it lucky if you can't be promoted because of this stupid technicality?????

Whats more, technically since your GC is based on the labor certification, one could make an argument in a court of law anytime in your life that if you were to change a job OR were as much as promoted (OR demoted) your GC becomes invalid. But we all know these things dont happen - thats basically because INS doesn't keep tabs on you once you've got your GC.

Ok, so please note I am not a lawyer or expert, this is how I interpret it.

Promotion Issues

What my lawyer told me is that as long as your job duties dont change promotions are okay. For example if you are Software Enginner 2 and you become Software Engineer 3 thats okay as long as the company can show that these two titles dont change job descriptions.
Even a complete Change in Titles like "Senior Software Engineer" to say "Software Architect" doesnt matter as long as the job descriptions of those two positions is close.

So maybe you could get an RFE where your company has to stand by you. Again you might want to consult a qualified attorney to be sure whats your particular case about.

Sameer

spidey said:
Bad news SRK, your LC becomes invalid and you will need to start all over again. But you should confirm with a lawyer, this is what I have been told.
Basic premise of this process is that you are being hired for the position that the Labor Certification is approved for, if your designation or work profile changes your labor certification approval becomes invalid.

If you look deeper, YES you are right, it means your career cannot grow while you are in this process. And as we all know that means a good 4 to 5 years if we are lucky (or are we really???) - I mean can you call it lucky if you can't be promoted because of this stupid technicality?????

Whats more, technically since your GC is based on the labor certification, one could make an argument in a court of law anytime in your life that if you were to change a job OR were as much as promoted (OR demoted) your GC becomes invalid. But we all know these things dont happen - thats basically because INS doesn't keep tabs on you once you've got your GC.

Ok, so please note I am not a lawyer or expert, this is how I interpret it.

srkotturu is there any way you can get the promotion and yet get your HR not to change anything in your lc application?

my title and my job description have both changed several times. i have even changed departments...changes were due to layoff and department closings.... my hr is aware of my situation and has promised to leave things as they are with lc application. they will let the application go on as is without chaging anything or notifying the powers to be.

mvinays said:
Updated VA_GC9's info.
Added gc4long...

Hi mvinays, you did a good job. Thanks.
But, is this table sorted in any order ?
It would be nice if this is sorted by priority date.
I think, BEC is going to issue LC based on state receipt date right ?!?

gc4long said:
Hi mvinays, you did a good job. Thanks.
But, is this table sorted in any order ?
It would be nice if this is sorted by priority date.
I think, BEC is going to issue LC based on state receipt date right ?!?

Thanks! The Excel spreadsheet is sorted by DOL Reciept Date (ascending). The Access DB gives us the freedom to sort the data anyway we want it. There is a stored VIEW (query) in the Access DB where I have sorted the data by Priority Date (SWA Receipt Date). Hope this helps!

sunkav said:
mvinways, can you add my details too..
VA SESA date 09/13/01
Phily Date 05/06/04
No love letter yet..

Added sunkav to the tracker.

Also, added new queries and upgraded a few existing queries to include percentages in the summaries. Check it out.

About 45 letter response

Thanks the shared information here. Does anyone know if it is ok to response the letter twice? My lawyer response by fax. What is the risk rate the fax is lost? my company receive a letter too, can we response it in the mail again?
thanks for answer. :)

PD 4/29/2003
11/28/2003 to Philly DOL
2/7/2005 receive 45 letter

Do not respond twice

The text of the letter specifically says that you should NOT respond twice. Usually, lawyers suggest that you fedex or post the package to DOL but I guess your lawyer didn't use common sense (no offense). I guess, you should ask your lawyer to call DOL to find out if they received it.

angelene said:
Thanks the shared information here. Does anyone know if it is ok to response the letter twice? My lawyer response by fax. What is the risk rate the fax is lost? my company receive a letter too, can we response it in the mail again?
thanks for answer. :)

PD 4/29/2003
11/28/2003 to Philly DOL
2/7/2005 receive 45 letter

Wrong info --> yours_sincerely

yours_sincerely said:
The text of the letter specifically says that you should NOT respond twice. Usually, lawyers suggest that you fedex or post the package to DOL but I guess your lawyer didn't use common sense (no offense). I guess, you should ask your lawyer to call DOL to find out if they received it.

I disagree. The text of the letter does not state that you should not respond twice. Actually DOL has clarified that if the attorney reponds and after that Employer responds then the PD for the case will the date the Employer responds. Also DOL has given a fax number to fax it back, thus it is not neccessary to Fedex or post the package

foret1 said:
srkotturu is there any way you can get the promotion and yet get your HR not to change anything in your lc application?

my title and my job description have both changed several times. i have even changed departments...changes were due to layoff and department closings.... my hr is aware of my situation and has promised to leave things as they are with lc application. they will let the application go on as is without chaging anything or notifying the powers to be.
Again wrong info. DOL or INS does not care what you do now. GC is for future employment. INS may raise eyebrows and send RFE's if you are a manager and now the position is for a Jr.engineer