Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker

GCInThisLife said:
mvinay,
This is what I got from my lawyer...
----------------
This above mentioned LC application was transferred to Philadelphia Backlog Processing Center for further processing in February 2005. We have received a notice with an attached "Selection of Continuation Option Letter" with a due date of March 28, 2005 for response. Please kindly check the box to indicate whether you would like to continue the processing of this case.

Also, as indicated in the "Correction List", we are requested to submit a copy of company's articles of incorporation, business license, state registration or other official documents that establish company as a bona fide business entity.

An updated G-28 (two originals) is also enclosed for your signature. After signatures, please return the forms together with the required documents to me at your earliest convenience.

etc.....

-------------------------------

I spoke to the HR, and she told, she sent all the documents mentioned and a confirmation of address and name change, cover letter etc.. I am not sure about what G-28 means??

My employer had to sign form G28 when I started to file the LC application. The form is called "Notice of Entry of Appearance as Attorney or Representative". To me, this is the attorney disclosure form. Hope this helps.

VAGCwaiting said:
My employer had to sign form G28 when I started to file the LC application. The form is called "Notice of Entry of Appearance as Attorney or Representative". To me, this is the attorney disclosure form. Hope this helps.

the g28 allows the lawyer to be your representative.

guys do you know if it's good idea to change lawyers at that point? when replying to the lover letter (that i am still waiting to get)? can't wait to get rid of my useless lawyer....

orissa said:
1- When we send 45 days continuation letter, that means your labor application filed correctly, but that does not mean that it is approvable. We will review all application to see if meet all requirements.

2- We will review each application we send the final decision by mail.

3- When I asked when you are going to start reviewing, replied" we are just started yesterday reviewing, cases who have been replied 45 days continutaion letter.

4- If everything all right with Labor application, and its meet the requirement during review, then you will see decision within a month.

5- we are trying to finish as quick as possible, no we will not wait untill all 45 days letter replied back. please do not talk about internet rumers.

Thanks Orissa .... what you are saying makes a lot of scenes.

Guys .. what Tomshu told us was not from his hot line, he read it in a Chinise News by internet. Maybe Tomshu can call his hot line and verify Orisas info.

Very good news !!!!!

Thanks for News.

One Question: For RIR case, Analyst need only 15 min - 1 hour time, as per DOL Guideline. if BPC started the reviewing case. Why BPC need one month to come to final decision?

Well If we can wait 2-3 years so I don't mind one more month. :p

orissa said:
1- When we send 45 days continuation letter, that means your labor application filed correctly, but that does not mean that it is approvable. We will review all application to see if meet all requirements.

2- We will review each application we send the final decision by mail.

3- When I asked when you are going to start reviewing, replied" we are just started yesterday reviewing, cases who have been replied 45 days continutaion letter.

4- If everything all right with Labor application, and its meet the requirement during review, then you will see decision within a month.

5- we are trying to finish as quick as possible, no we will not wait untill all 45 days letter replied back. please do not talk about internet rumers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love Letter Received

Folks,
Finally, I called my attorney and was told that the 45-day letter was received and replied on the FEB 17th. Here my case details:

SWA State: DE
Received Date: 06/13/2003 (PD)
Forward to Philly DOL: 09/29/2004
Recvd at Philly DOL: ????
Love Letter Rcvd&Repld:02/17/2005
Case Number: P-04292-22xxx

Please update the spreadsheet.

Thanks.

received 45 day letter

Received 45 day letter on 18th Feb.
Lawyer replied today. 02-25-2005

SWA DE may-08-2003
Phil DOL jul-02-2004

Can some one update my details.

Thanks
Venkat

Guys,
Orissa and Tomshu and others who are involved:
Thanks for being so diligent enough to volunteer and find out information and pass it on to us. I wasn't sure (because I did not read) how Tomshu got his information. Ultimately, the purpose of this forum is to share information whether its good or bad. Regardless of our interpretations and rumours, the truth prevails. Orissa: my earlier posting does not mean that you cook up your postings. I sincerely apologize to you if I my posting ever conveyed this meaning. So is it to Tomshu.
Please keep sharing the information that you come across. Good or Bad. After all thats the need of the forums.

With Kind Regards,
- Kiran

File a PERM when the old one still pending in BEC?

My lawyer told me that we can fine a new LC under PERM, without withdrawing existing application. It can even be from the same employer, the only thing need to be different is the position.

A lot of us filed LC under EB3 because there was no difference between EB2/3 at that time. I'm qualified for EB2 so it might be a good idea to apply for a senior position under PERM.

Any thoughts, suggestions and advise?

A suggestion

Hi all,

As some of you may know I have been maintaining a consolidated tracker that includes all SWAs and DOL regions in the following forum:

BEC Priority Date Tracker
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=161571

At some point, BECs will begin processing cases by PD regardless of where the case came from and having all cases in one place will prove beneficial.

I know you have a tracker on this forum as well.

I have done my best to keep the consolidated tracker updated with posts on this forum as well. I have also cleaned up in the consolidated tracker many entries of users that have not posted in a long time (more than 6 months) as well as people that have been approved but were never updated in this forum's tracker.

There are currently 99 entries from Philly DOL in the consolidated tracker. 65 have received 45-day letters (or 66% of entries).

I would like to suggest that BEC updates are tracked in the "BEC Priority Date Tracker" from this point forward and that we discontinue the use of the tracker in this forum.

And before any of you try to take my head off for making this suggestion, I remind you that it's just a suggestion and if you choose to continue maintaining the tracker here, that's fine with me.

Thanks

JustWatching

RIR Vs Non-RIR treatment by BEC

Hi,

I'm just like you folks waiting for GC ... forever now (labor filed 2002/EB2/RIR).

Recently my attorney told me (through their contact in BEC Philly) that,
"BEC is/will be paying close attention to the RIR cases for elimination purpose". And non-RIR cases will be lot safer for the scrutiny.

I am looking for second opinion from you folks who have sources. Has anybody heard similar rumors ...?

w8in4gc

hi Orissa

orissa said:
allaboutgc, where did you read at murthy forum another case was denied. If possible please show the link or a http path.

Thanks
It looks like you are the mother Theresa of this board so i am going to ask for your help and giudance:
I have a Philly date of 29 January 2004.I have applied in Maryland 2001.
My wife applied in Harisburg ,PA, and she has a July 2004 date in Philly.
She gets the "45 days letter",i don't.
Can you shed some light ,please? :)
Thank you

mugur said:
It looks like you are the mother Theresa of this board so i am going to ask for your help and giudance:
I have a Philly date of 29 January 2004.I have applied in Maryland 2001.
My wife applied in Harisburg ,PA, and she has a July 2004 date in Philly.
She gets the "45 days letter",i don't.
Can you shed some light ,please? :)
Thank you

To find out your case your case detail send email to status@phi.dflc.us , you will get reply within 48 hours.

Please add my information into the tracker

I also have a question which might be simple. Once we clear the LC and ready to file i-140 and i-485. Do we get a new priority date or we still use the PD that SWA received?

Ok, I have found my answer, In employment immigration the priority date may be the date the labor certification application was received by the Department of Labor (DOL). So I guess it is the PD at SWA? OR DOL?. Does this mean I can file i140 and i485 at the sametime after my LC get cleared as the current processing date is March 1st 2002.

Thanks a lot for your help!

EB3 RIR, Maryland
State Receipt Date: 10/19/2001
Philly DOL Receipt Date: 01/22/2004
45-days letter Received/Replied Date: 02/11/2005

Received the 45 day letter

I called my lawyer after a long time today to enquire about my 45 day letter. I came to know he received it on 02-18-2005. Could someone pls update the tracker sheet as I do not want to update an old copy of it. My name is already there.

Neena Singh
PD: 04-12-2002
State: VA (RIR)
DOL Recd Date (Phil) : 12-11-2003
45 day letter: 02-18-2005
Replied : 02-18-2005

Yes, you can file I-140 and I-485 concurrently.

toy said:
I also have a question which might be simple. Once we clear the LC and ready to file i-140 and i-485. Do we get a new priority date or we still use the PD that SWA received?

Ok, I have found my answer, In employment immigration the priority date may be the date the labor certification application was received by the Department of Labor (DOL). So I guess it is the PD at SWA? OR DOL?. Does this mean I can file i140 and i485 at the sametime after my LC get cleared as the current processing date is March 1st 2002.

Thanks a lot for your help!

EB3 RIR, Maryland
State Receipt Date: 10/19/2001
Philly DOL Receipt Date: 01/22/2004
45-days letter Received/Replied Date: 02/11/2005

I scrubbed the data in the Excel spreadsheet and imported it to a clean MS Access database. This will help us query records based on dates and other fields of information. We can then generate statistical reports to churn out meaningful and reliable information. Please feel free to add any queries you may want to add. If you want to add reports, please do so. It will help all of us. Thank you all for your co-operation.

I have heard the same kind of thing. I am a RiR and applied in 2003.

w8in4gc said:
Hi,

I'm just like you folks waiting for GC ... forever now (labor filed 2002/EB2/RIR).

Recently my attorney told me (through their contact in BEC Philly) that,
"BEC is/will be paying close attention to the RIR cases for elimination purpose". And non-RIR cases will be lot safer for the scrutiny.

I am looking for second opinion from you folks who have sources. Has anybody heard similar rumors ...?

w8in4gc