Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker

good resource. thanks. encourging. looke like many cases will be dropped either because employer went out of business or applicants left.

stueym said:
For those who are interested the following report makes fascinating (if depressing) reading. It contains the results of an audit conducted by OIG into the effects of Section 245i back in April 2001. This was the root cause of why we are all now in pain with delays and backlog.

Aside from being angry about the effect of these frivolous LC applications the reccomendations to do some of the employer validity checks that we have been seeing in the BEC 45 day letters was a firm reccomendation at that time. It also explains a little about the key criteria that are used to adjudicate cases which I found intersting.

If nothing else reading this will make you a little wiser about the size and scope of the problem and about the mechanics of how ETA was/is trying to run the show.

Enjoy :D

Skilled/Professional EB3 Dates Move Forward

The U.S. Department of State Visa Bulletin for March 2005 was just released providing the movement of priority dates. The Visa Bulletin reflects forward movement of two months for EB3 skilled / professional workers from India, the Philippines, and mainland China. For the month of March 2005, the current priority date for EB3 skilled / professional workers from these countries will be March 1, 2002. This is a progress of two month from the previous date of January 1, 2002 for these nationals in the EB3 category. This potential forward movement was predicted in our January 7, 2005 MurthyBulletin article, EB3 Number Expectations. The priority dates for EB3 individuals from all other countries are "current," meaning that there are enough visa numbers for all of these cases at this time, regardless of priority date and regardless of employment-based second (EB2) or employment-based third (EB3) preference categories.

source: murthy.com

Congrats!!

orissa said:
My Lawyer just called, and inform that he received 45 days LOVE letter from BEC. He will reply today afternoon, will send me a copy by mail.

I wish, hope and pray everyone will received the same happy letter very soon.

Thank you all for their long patience, support and post.

I have VA RIR PD 1/24/2003 and Phili DOL RD 7/26/04. Just behind yours.... I hope even I hear from BEC in a few weeks!

Please help..

My attorney sent an email this morning saying that I did not enter the date when I signed my labor application was filed in Dec 2003. the BEC has sent a letter and wants me to sign it.
Does that mean my priority date will get affected?? What else will be impacted because of this? Has anyone experienced this situation?
Please reply.

PD should not be affected

From what I understand, PD should not be affected. You will just need to sign the form and thats all. This should be treated more like an incomplete ETA 750 form than a priority date issue.

callbala said:
My attorney sent an email this morning saying that I did not enter the date when I signed my labor application was filed in Dec 2003. the BEC has sent a letter and wants me to sign it.
Does that mean my priority date will get affected?? What else will be impacted because of this? Has anyone experienced this situation?
Please reply.

Very Interesting LC got approved

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: This is very interesting story found at "Chicago DOL cases sent to BEC" forum posted by Kanjoos.
Link: http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1059371#post1059371

Not surprised

Actually, from my company, they appliead a Labour in Michigan, which got cleared in 1 month in Aug 2004 and it got Chicago Regional laboor cleared in 2 months.

Upon asking to lawyer, if thier was any specific reason. They lawyer said, she was herself surprised and has no clue why from both Michigan as well as Chicago , both acted so fast on that particular case when no other cases are even touched.

So, I will say sometimes just luck happenes to matter.

Kanjoos

Same here

mamamiax said:
I am getting frustrated day by day. Even after waiting 4 years no love letter received. Any one knows what is going on with 2001 cases? :mad:

I have'nt received the BEC Letter like you. I applied for LC in March 2002, which moved to Philly in September 2003. It will be 3 years waiting for LC next month.

love letter

just want to inform that my attorney got the letter. - but since I dint enter the date when I signed the labor application, I am asked to enter it and send it back.
Originally applied in Philly on dec 17th 2003.
Got letter on Feb 14th 2005.
Hope this info helps someone.

callbala said:
just want to inform that my attorney got the letter. - but since I dint enter the date when I signed the labor application, I am asked to enter it and send it back.
Originally applied in Philly on dec 17th 2003.
Got letter on Feb 14th 2005.
Hope this info helps someone.

callballa,
Please update the latest version of the tracker in this thread. Thanks.

Finally, I also got the letter. It was sent in my office, my lawyer didn't get yet. I faxed it to my lawyer.

My Case : EB-3 (RIR)
VA SWA PD : 05/15/2002
Philly RD : 01/23/2004
ETA Case number : P-04274-XXXXX
45 days letter received : 02/09/2005

To mamamiax

I just read your post about 2001 PD from not receiving BEC letter.
Actually our PD is 2001 Nov. from MD moved Philly DOL on Feb. 2004.
We got that letter Jan. 21 2005.
This info can be a little bit hopeful to you...? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
What's next?

Icarus/gp111/orissa or anybody,

Now BEC is sending/receiving the ‘Selection of Continuation Option Letter’. What’s next? When can we expect seeing some approvals?

Thanks in Advance

AwardMyGC

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I have seen many 140 approvals for the ppl who have appleid as late as december 2004. Does that mean that their 485 will be processed even if their EB3 labor received date is say in 2003 or 2004. OR will their EB3 application has to wait till their date becomes current

rx2000xx said:
Hi, I have seen many 140 approvals for the ppl who have appleid as late as december 2004. Does that mean that their 485 will be processed even if their EB3 labor received date is say in 2003 or 2004. OR will their EB3 application has to wait till their date becomes current

EB3 applications have to wait till their PD becomes current (Visa Number Becomes available) to get I-485 processed

we all waiting and expecting

We all here waiting and expecting to see some approval late april 2005. All we can do wait and pray. We can not do anything at this point. We all here depening uopn DOL mercy and our luck.

Thanks

AwardMyGC said:
Icarus/gp111/orissa or anybody,

Now BEC is sending/receiving the ‘Selection Option Continuation Letter’. What’s next? When can we expect seeing some approvals?

Thanks in Advance

AwardMyGC

Some Notes from BEC

1/. The BEC is sending letters every day.
2/. The BEC has not started certifying LCs yet.
3/. No guidlines have been developed yet in regarding to how all the cases should be handled, but they intend to certify LCs according to their PDs but may not be very consistant as they wished to be.
4/. They will start to certify LCs very soon though as a lady indicated.

By the way my attorney has received the LOVE letter as a Valentine Day's gift :) , and I have updated the .xls file.

gp111 said:
EB3 applications have to wait till their PD becomes current (Visa Number Becomes available) to get I-485 processed

Thanks, Not that I don't believe you. Do you have a gove website that echos your answer

Title of BEC Letter

Hello Guys,
I am going ask my attorny about the status and BEC letter. How should i ask that assh...? Should i ask him the following questions?

1. Have you received any letters from BEC?
2. Have you received the "45 day letter"
3. Have you recieved the "Love Letter"?
4. Have you received the "BEC continuation letter" etc?

What is the title of the letter?

Any help, very much appreciated.

Thanks
Whatheheck

Tomshu: Long time, no post from you! Welcome back. Is there any information with regards to how far are they along in sending the letters? Which states/dates are they currently sending letters for and how much is left? My labor was sent to Philly DOL in Nov, 2004 and just trying to get a sense when to ping the HR and lawyer for receipt of letter.