Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker

Hello friends,

Would you consider converting the pending application to PERM? I thank we need to seriously consider this question. Please share your opinion. Thanks.

People waiting after replying to NOF

I spoke to one analyst at Phily BEC and she told me that people whose case was already opened (receive date before current processing dates) they will not receive "the letter". As a matter of fact Phily BEC has started working on such pending cases already.

I'm not sure how many people out there fall into such category.

Cheers
PB

lvka said:
VA RIR Sep. 2002
Phily DOL April. 2004
45 days letter: today

My case is as follows

VA RIR EB2 Jun. 2002
Phily DOL April. 2004

But I haven't recieved letter untill now!! I dunno hw this process is working.Can some give me an idea on what basis they are sending the letters ?? :confused: In previous posts some one mentioned that they are sending letters for the year 2003. :confused:

Thanks
Whiz

allaboutgc said:
Hello friends,

Would you consider converting the pending application to PERM? I think we need to seriously consider this question. Please share your opinion. Thanks.

Here is my tentative plan. I will wait till about May or June 2005 (to actually see some approvals under PERM). Then I will ask my lawyer to electronically file a brand new LC under PERM using ETA 9089. Since my current LC requires a minimum of MS+0 or BS+5, it qualifies as EB2. I am therefore not worried about the priority date of my LC that was filed previously. My lawyer mentioned before that he is going to charge additional $1000 as his fees to file a new LC under PERM. Also, the advertising costs for PERM are going to be around $1000 to $1500 (rough guess). If I can get my LC in 60 days by investing $2500, then why not got for it. At least it will give me some peace of mind and reduce my anxiety level. This painful suffering and waiting is not worth it. Meanwhile, I will let the Philly BEC process my previously filed LC taking their own sweet time (another 2 years????? :mad: ). I am not going to take the risk of withdrawing my current LC application as it means loss of money, waiting time and priority date, if the converted PERM application does not get accepted or approved by DOL due to defeciencies or whatever other reasons.

Last edited by a moderator:
mvinays said:
Here is my tentative plan. I will wait till about May or June 2005 (to actually see some approvals under PERM). Then I will ask my lawyer to electronically file a brand new LC under PERM using ETA 9089. Since my current LC requires a minimum of MS+0 or BS+5, it qualifies as EB2. I am therefore not worried about the priority date of my LC that was filed previously. My lawyer mentioned before that he is going to charge additional $1000 as his fees to file a new LC under PERM. Also, the advertising costs for PERM are going to be around $1000 to $1500 (rough guess). If I can get my LC in 60 days by investing $2500, then why not got for it. At least it will give me some peace of mind and reduce my anxiety level. This painful suffering and waiting is not worth it. Meanwhile, I will let the Philly BEC process my previously filed LC taking their own sweet time (another 2 years????? :mad: ). I am not going to take the risk of withdrawing my current LC application as it means loss of money, waiting time and priority date, if the converted PERM application does not get accepted or approved by DOL due to defeciencies or whatever other reasons.

I totally agree with your plan, I had plan the same thing, to wait till June or July and see how is PERM doing. I want to apply my LC through PERM but I don't want to be first one in queue. Then in July I will apply new LC under PERM. But I have no plans of converting existing application from RIR to PERM. I would rather pay more money and go with new one.

Can we have two LC's pending at the same time with the same company? What will happen if the DOL come to know I have two LC's pending with the same employer (BEC & PERM)?

I am also thinking of filing the new LC in PERM.

If LC is for EB3 and for people born in India, mainland China or the Phillipines, then the priority date of their LC is extremely important since their visa numbers have retrogressed to Jan 2002. It would not be a good option for them to withdraw their LC and refile under PERM because they lose their priority date even if the refiled application under PERM does not get accepted or approved by DOL (due to definiences or other unforeseen problems). It would then amount to a complete withdrawl of their current LC application and a brand new refiling under PERM.

GC_DJ said:
Can we have two LC's pending at the same time with the same company? What will happen if the DOL come to know I have two LC's pending with the same employer (BEC & PERM)?

I don't believe that they have so much time on hand to cross check 350000 applications that are already pending. But you never know...

Updated Philly BEC Tracker Spreadsheet...

Added flyingwhiz & lvka case details to the tracker spreadsheet....

Thanks

AwardMyGC

Add my details too

AwardMyGC said:
Added flyingwhiz & lvka case details to the tracker spreadsheet....

Thanks

AwardMyGC

Hi AwardMyGc,

Please add my details to the spreadsheet too. My details are

SESA VA Date PD : 04/12/2002
Received Philly Region: 12/12/2003
Letter from BEC: ?

Thanks
Neena Singh
:)

GC_DJ said:

No, I don't think you can have 2 LCs filed from a company. But you can always try and they might never find out who knows. :)
But you can have multiple LCs filed with multiple employers. So if you want to continue your LC and also apply for PERM you can file it through different company.

mvinays said:

Hi,

According to my understanding (as I Read in the PerM regulation documentation) you have to withdraw your orginal LC application if you want to apply under PERM. You can do so within a certain time frame in order to retain the PD of the orginal LC application.

lvka said:
VA RIR Sep. 2002
Phily DOL April. 2004
45 days letter: today

Hey thats good to hear, coz i have filed for state in sept 2002 and philly dol april 2004 .

But i havenot got any letter. :mad:

45 day letter trend (so far)

From the spreadsheet that was attached, here's what I noticed.

Total names in spreadhsheet from this forum: 95 ( I think but definitely less than 100)
Total letter's received: 9

Majority of the letters seem to have gone to applicants from VA SESA.
One letter from PA SESA and one from DE SESA.

In all, there are 11,000 applications pending (isn't that right?)

Good news on the first working day of New year

Good news on the first working day of the New year, my employer got a copy of BPC's 45 day letter today. I have updated my information in the tracker excel sheet.

can some one update the xls with my info, my system keeps hanging when ever i open the file

EB3 - RIR
State : VA
Applied on : 10/10/2002
transfered to regional office in : 06/18/04

I didnot recieve any letter from BEC. Your help is appreciated.

A hypothesis on letters

spidey said:
From the spreadsheet that was attached, here's what I noticed.

Total names in spreadhsheet from this forum: 95 ( I think but definitely less than 100)
Total letter's received: 9

Majority of the letters seem to have gone to applicants from VA SESA.
One letter from PA SESA and one from DE SESA.

In all, there are 11,000 applications pending (isn't that right?)

Of the people who have reported recieving letters (almost) all are SESA receipt dates of 2002. Coincidence??...maybe but I recall that Tomshu at one point said from his chats with the lady they would be processing based on priority date. Who knows maybe thats exactly what they are doing and are sending out the batches according to oldest priority date.
That leaves me (SESA April 2003) waiting patiently

Oh well more idle speculation to drive people mad :p

my details added..

I am not sure whether you want people from NC.. my cases supposedly was transferred from Atlanta DOL to Philly BEC.