Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker

APD said:
I have read somewhere that there are around 300,000 cases pending to be processed at this point. Your source of information about the number of analyst seems correct.

300,000 cases / 24 months / 20 working days per month / 150 analysts = 4
i.e 4 cases per analyst per day. Which makes sense.

I do not agree with your view on FIFO.
My understanding of FIFO is that the cases will be processed based on their priority date irrespective of their current status. It will not matter whether the case is currently in SWA or the Regional office. Whether the case is from CA or CO. Nationally whichever case was received first will be processed first. They will not go state by state. All the SWAs and Regional offices will forward their cases to the respective BRC.

It is a well-known fact that CA has the highest backlog in terms of number of cases and processing time so it is obvious that many CA cases have the oldest priority dates and hence they are the first one being forwarded to BRC. But that does not mean that they will go state by state.
I read in the memo dated 29th September 2004 from DOL secretary to all SWA administrators clearly, that backlog centers will work initially to address regional office backlogs & then backlogs at the SWAs.

h1details said:
Hi, I tried both email / phone to check the status. but no luck. can you anyone tell me how to check the status of State and Region. Thanks, Nanban.
------------------------------------
I've been trying this PhoneNo from so long with my Case No but no response.Did anyone tried it recently ???

Last edited by a moderator:
sreesiri said:
I've been trying this PhoneNo from so long with my Case No but no response.Did anyone tried it recently ???

Thats a good question to ask if someone gets in touch with BEC next time... Is there an AVM we can call up to check status? Is the old AVM number still valid? Is there a new number now?

Anyway... this is the beginning of a new week... lets see if this week should prove lucky and see some movement...

NO letters from BEC yet

Friends, I waited for mail Monday no letters from BEC yet. I hope today is Tuesday some people will get. I asked my employer so many times, he said nothing has been received so far.

I am not expecting anything till 2nd week of November. I guess that was the last update from Tomshu.

question for your answer, people in PA forum..

question for your answer, people in PA forum..

when you check your case number from DOL database,
(http://www.flcdatacenter.com/casesearchperm.asp),
there is one variable is R_SO--Date Recieved by State Office, is this date exactly same as your priority date? in Dallas region, R_SO only 2 days before R_RO(Date Recieved at Regional Office), but in fact, our LC applications had been staying in TWC(SWA) for almost half a year...

thanks for your reply.

Any Updates on BRC/BEC?

:confused: LC Applicants,

If somebody could spare me few minutes to elucidate my questions, I would really appreciate it...

#1.
Assuming that Philly regional DOL cases are going to picked-up first, what date range BRC/BEC is going to start processing LC application?

#2.
I came across quite a few LC applications with status ‘NOF Issued’ or ‘NOF Time Extension Granted’ or ‘NOF rebuttal received’ or ‘Remand Issued to State’ or ‘Returned By State after Remand’ dated back from November 2002.

Who is going to handle these pending cases? Will Philly DOL transfer all untouched cases to BRC/BEC?

#3.
When are they exactly planning to send out letters?

#4.
In form ETA-750 Part B – Section 8 – My employer’s address is listed and on Section 16 (Declarations) – My immigration lawyer’s is listed.
Who is the letter recipient?

Thanks in advance

AwardMyGC :confused:

AwardMyGC said:
:confused: LC Applicants,

If somebody could spare me few minutes to elucidate my questions, I would really appreciate it...

#1.
Assuming that Philly regional DOL cases are going to picked-up first, what date range BRC/BEC is going to start processing LC application?

AwardMyGC :confused:

Actually, THAT is the very information which no one is sure about and everyone here wants to know! :p

When are they going to start working on Philly DOL cases?? Thats the main question. Every other bit of information (SWA, PERM etc) is pretty much irrelevant and of only academic interest to the people in this thread.

Philadelphia Backlog Center

Philadelphia Backlog Center

Stephen Stefanko, Foreign Labor Certification Manager, 1 Belmont Avenue, Suite 200, Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004

Tel-484-270-1500

Fax-484-270-1598

Lets see when the first letter is received from the new center. I am hoping to hear something from one of you in first week of november.

Contact

Is there any number for Philly regional office where I can call and get status of my case.

patelks.

Don't Understand

Hi guys,

My application EB3 RIR was received at Philly DOL on June 16th 2003. I haven't heard anything regarding the status of my case. My lawyer sent this note when I asked her if she has any information regarding my case:

At present, processing times are unpredictable. The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) is restructuring the way that labor certification cases are handled.
Please note that, until the DOL restructuring is complete, reported processing times on the DOL website and other sources are likely to be unreliable. As the labor certification files are moved to Backlog Elimination Centers or National Processing/Perm Centers, they will be entered into the new systems, and we expect to hear from these centers. Files will not be fully settled until at least March 2005, and it may then take several months after that to receive any official information on a file.

Does this make any sense to anyone? Please help!

Thanks,

Rania

rania said:
Hi guys,

My application EB3 RIR was received at Philly DOL on June 16th 2003. I haven't heard anything regarding the status of my case. My lawyer sent this note when I asked her if she has any information regarding my case:

At present, processing times are unpredictable. The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) is restructuring the way that labor certification cases are handled.
Please note that, until the DOL restructuring is complete, reported processing times on the DOL website and other sources are likely to be unreliable. As the labor certification files are moved to Backlog Elimination Centers or National Processing/Perm Centers, they will be entered into the new systems, and we expect to hear from these centers. Files will not be fully settled until at least March 2005, and it may then take several months after that to receive any official information on a file.

Does this make any sense to anyone? Please help!

Thanks,

Rania

I suspect your lawyer is trying to be as non-committal as possible while trying to buy maximum amount of time from you for your next check in. They figure, if you get certified sooner you won't complain, if you don't "they told you so" -

If the lawyers assessment is right, and unfortunately we have to face the possibility that they may be, it means that for all the efficiency this restructuring is promised to achieve for those of us already in this time warp - we're no better off - maybe even worse off (although I am sure many will argue how can you be worse off from where we began) -

I agree with Spidey. But I also think that while we have no reason to be optimistic, we have no reason to be pessimistic either. Better to be optimistic.. at least you dont get ulcers that way :) .. the lawyer is prob talking through her hat.

I think the lawyer is just saying whatever is coming to her mind. Those dates make no sense(March 2005, several months !!!) . Which is not to say our cases will get processed earlier but only that it is better for lawyers to be like mine who just says he doesnt know then pretending that he is privy to information that the rest of us are not.
From what I see I can tell you one thing. My laywer knows a lot less about how the BEC's are going to operate than we do. Probably becoz they dont care as much as we do.
Just my opinion though.
Sameer

I heard similar explanation from my lawyer and looks like the BRCs are going to handle all the cases and not just the cases from the region from the begining. My labor is in the Philly dol with July 2004 priority date and my lawyer says it may take 2 years before we get the approval:-(