Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker

Akela: So they are currently working on Phili LC Cases and will then move to VA, MD, DC, etc? For sending letters out and for approvals?

akela said:
Ok guys here it goes,

First the lady was really good and very patient. The good thing is she understands the frustration that we are going through. Anyway,

1.It's highly appreciated if there are fewer phone calls. That lets them do their work more efficiently.
2. There is no definite answer as of today, that who will be process first Phily DOL or all DOL (and FIFO METHOD).
3.As of now only Phily cases are in the center and they are being inputed in the system.

That does not clarify that if tomorrow a bus load of LCs come from a lazy DOL what will happen, will they stop everything and enter them first or continue with DOL processing.

4.There were few glitches with the printer, but printing of letters will start some time 'soon' (next week to couple of weeks).

5. The adjudication speed is, if the cases are certifiable, 20 can be done in a day, else one incomplete case (245i are mostly like that) will take a day.

The reason why Phili DOL went from fast to slow to dead is that they were in a rush to get many certifiable cases out of the door and hold on to problem cases. Then they came back to problem cases and as I said, it takes forever to issue a notice to one of them. The NoF that we are getting are one liner and small, other 245i must be having essays written.

rgds,
a

according to what u said : if The adjudication speed is, if the cases are certifiable, 20 can be done in a day.what do u mean by that, do u mean that 20 cases can be processed per day per one analyst or per the whole backlog center? let's make it clear.

thanks

Thats a good question, it is one pwe person, if there were no miscommunication between me and her

Delaware Cases

Hi gurus,

Does anyone know what is going on with Delaware cases. I filed my labor with my previous employer under future employment stating that upon approval I'll work in Delaware and later I joined the company. Now I am working for a different company and started the labor all over again. My case was reached Philadelphia DOL on August 28 2003. I am hearing lot of rumours about Delaware cases are being rejected because of jurisdiction issue(my previous employer had a branch office in delaware but I dont beleive that he was doing any business over there).

Does anyone in a similar situation like me. Please share your experiences

Thanks a bunch

the memo says that a first shipement in october will be from states with the oldest backlog. as an example, i'm in washington state that is one of the slowest states , they r still processing sep 2002 as of now for RIR, but my PD is april 2004. so i expect WA to be one of those states to send their cases in october.
so do u expect that the whole queue of rir in washinfgton state will be moved to BEC (including my case) in october ,or just the earliest cases (let's say from sep 2002 to sep 2003 ,as an example) ?

regards,

So basically, people from virginia, whose state labor is not cleared, are doomed to for heading to National processing center. hence in this case, its bad to worse to worst.! :mad:

Phily has 10,000 in its own backlog.

IF, 1 person can process 20 cases

BEC has 120 train officers

If that the case in 1 day they could finish 2400 cases.

2nd day 4800 cases

3rd day 7200 cases

Please correct me, I feel like the whole phily Backlog will be done in a week or two.

Well we do not know how many are bad cases. One bad case takes 1 day. So include that in the math. if 5000 bad cases, there goes 5000 man day. So divided by 120, means 2 months wasted. I would assume more than 50% (80%) of the cases are 245i cases, these cases were hurridely put in to beat the dealine with tooonnnnnnssssss of error (according to the good lady). Each one takes a day. It's not the the NOF that we get like latest pay stub missing which I am sure takes not more than 5 minutes to discover and type up a notice.

rgds,
a

Thank you Akela,

As we all well aware that to sort out bad cases they will first send letters to employer, don't you think the bad cases will be eliminated right away there.

I feel like by the end of November we all in I-140 Forum.

Please express your thoughts.

orissa said:
Thank you Akela,

As we all well aware that to sort out bad cases they will first send letters to employer, don't you think the bad cases will be eliminated right away there.

I feel like by the end of November we all in I-140 Forum.

:) What an inspiration? I really appreciate that. :)

Please express your thoughts.

It seems like everyone here is trying to find information themselves. What about the lawyers who are handling these cases? Can they shed some light into these issues?Surely they must have some contacts in these processing centers.

the memo says that a first shipement in october will be from states with the oldest backlog. as an example, i'm in washington state that is one of the slowest states , they r still processing sep 2002 as of now for RIR, but my PD is april 2004. so do u expect that the whole queue of rir in washington state will be moved to BEC (including my case) in october ,or just the earliest cases (let's say from sep 2002 to sep 2003 ,as an example) ?

The only thing I see in that document is that they are going to move cases from San Fransisco DOL to the BEC - I don't see anything about Philly. Am I missing something?
Also, I understand that a national FIFO is going to apply to the new process, but does it say anywhere that the BEC is going to process existing DOL cases in FIFO order of original SESA Priority Date as opposed to Regional Receipt Date?

Many things are still unclear, especially the issue of whether BEC will process Philly or take very old backlogged cases from other DOL and start with them first. That is what is the most important issue for people in this forum.

If we can get this issue clarified, from the Hotline, that will be great.

Regards
Amol

I know it's the wrong forum to ask this questin but anyway here it goes--

If you are on H1 visa, can you work for someone else part time while keeping your H1 company still as the 'main' full time employer.

If yes, does this negatively effect your green card process.

What you new company has to provide you (like a H1 or something). Do you have to take INS permission or permission from your main company??

rgds,
a

What about Non-RIR

I guess in a nutshell the plan is to have a common way of processing all labor applications from Jan 1, 05. Its unclear how they will prioritize existing Non-RIR and RIR cases. If they club them together... the RIR people will see wait-times go up.

akela said:
I know it's the wrong forum to ask this questin but anyway here it goes--

If you are on H1 visa, can you work for someone else part time while keeping your H1 company still as the 'main' full time employer.

If yes, does this negatively effect your green card process.

What you new company has to provide you (like a H1 or something). Do you have to take INS permission or permission from your main company??

rgds,
a
I was used to work for two employers in 2000, one full time and one part time. Both were holding my H1 independently. So far I do not have any problem. Of course, I am also sailing in the same boat with all you guys, waiting for Regional Labor clearance.