Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
rushgc said:
My company has a branch in WV. It is headquartered in Delaware with branches in several parts of the country. The cases which were applied from Delaware have received approvals in the past couple of weeks.

The NOF was issued at the DOL level. The NOF was about the pay scales.

Thank you very much for your prompt response.
I forgot to mention that I am based in Virginia and work as a consultant.

Hi RushGC,
Usually the case gets remanded to state for doing a recruitment procedure. If thats the case, the sate SWA will ask you employer to do one more advertisement - basically a recruitment procedure scruitinized by SWA. They will forward the application to DOL after that(the priority date is kept..so the DOL will take the files as soon as they get it).

This could be because the salary range put in the advertisement is too low for the position and the NOF your employer replied may not be with adequate documents to support the claim. Check with the prevailing wages for that position in the state.

Please let us know what exactly was the NOF(the position, and the salary kept in the advertisement also) and if possible, check with the lawer/employer to see what they replied to the NOF.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

I've a question about taxes. I work in Florida and my employer is in NJ and has an office in Tennessee. Do I have to pay the state taxes in this case. Employer want to run the payroll from TN. Please let me know.

Thanks,

Taxes need to be paid to the state where you work and not where the employer is located...
cooldude2k4 said:
Hello,

I've a question about taxes. I work in Florida and my employer is in NJ and has an office in Tennessee. Do I have to pay the state taxes in this case. Employer want to run the payroll from TN. Please let me know.

Thanks,

How to get status with DOT code

Guntur03 said:
Hi,

Recently 4 cases are approved from our company.

4 are received by DOL on mar 31st 2004 and in them one was approved on apr29th and 3 are approved may13th.

All are RIR cases with DOT code of 030 062 010.

Thanks,
Guntur03

Hi Guntur03,

Thanks for posting this useful information. Can you please let me know how to get statsu from Phily DOL using DOT code. Mine was received by Phily DOL on March 31, 2004 as I checked. Mine is also EB3 RIR approved from MD SESA.

as Per you, mine should have been approved. Please let me know.

-GC_waiter_2003.

GC_waiter_2003,

I got this information using employer phone number . If you have your case number or your employer phone number you can check your case status in AVM.

Thanks,
uma

gc_waiter_2003 said:
Hi Guntur03,

Thanks for posting this useful information. Can you please let me know how to get statsu from Phily DOL using DOT code. Mine was received by Phily DOL on March 31, 2004 as I checked. Mine is also EB3 RIR approved from MD SESA.

as Per you, mine should have been approved. Please let me know.

-GC_waiter_2003.

GC_waiter_2003,

Wow, you r very optimistic. Philly DOL is processing July 2003 cases. I don't see how your case can be approved so soon. Unless you are one of those lucky ones.

Guys,

just a quick question. Does anyone know if companies like Verizon, Citi, Oracle, PWC, etc file for labor from any of their office locations other than where the person is employed? Please let me know ASAP.

Hot to check using employers phone number

I was trying to use the AVM to find out my case number using employer's phone number. I was unable to find out any information. As per my attorney he said my case was filed in Aug 3, 2003. Are there any guys who files Labor around that time in delaware and got some updates regarding the case. Thanks for the reply

NKRISHNA,

AVM you trying only works for cases moved to regional DOL. Looks like your case is still with DE SESA office.

GCM.

Federal labor cleared in 45 days(DE SESA)

Hi,

My state as well as federal labor was cleared. Mine is applied at Delaware in second week of march 2003 and sent to federal on march 31st 2004 and approved from federal on may 13th 2004.

Thanks and good luck,
Guntur03

I would say you are the lucky guy!!!
Was there any special procedure you followed while applying for Labor

Guntur03 said:
Hi,

My state as well as federal labor was cleared. Mine is applied at Delaware in second week of march 2003 and sent to federal on march 31st 2004 and approved from federal on may 13th 2004.

Thanks and good luck,
Guntur03

VA_GC9,

We didn't follow any special procedure.

MSADAQALI,

Our company headquater is at DELAWARE only.

Thanks,
Guntur03

Moved to Philly

Hello All,

I just found out today that my app has been moved to Philly from VA Sesa on May 19th 2004.

Can someone please add my name to the Tracker.

VA Labor filed date - 10/07/2002
Moved to Philly - 05/19/2004
RIR - EB2? I am not sure abt this.

So how long now? 10, 12 months I suppose.

Is that a fair estimate?

Status
Not open for further replies.