Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey lbud2,

There's good news and there's bad news:

I'll give you the good news first.
At least there's nothing you can do that will help you so you're guilt free.

The bad news.
Guilt free doesn't mean problem free :(

Hi,

My case is Eb3/RIR, (Filed in Dec 2001)

DOL : May 15 2003

RFE: Sept 2003

Told to Re-ad in Nov 2003
Did Re-ad and submitted results on Dec 23 2003

1) Is my case in SESA now?

2) How can I get my new case #?

3) When can I anticipate the move to DOL?

Is anybody is in the same boat, please help.

Thanks

THere's nothing you can do - My recruitment report was also sent back to the SESA and my lawyer was told to sit and wait for a couple of months more before the file was moved to the REgional office as the State office was running behind (surprise surprise) because of the workload.
To give you some perspective, my report was also sent to the SESA in Dec, Dec 4th it was recd by the SESA.
The lawyer had contacted the dept of labor SESA in Jan.

cheers - and I wouldn't wish this immigration process on my worst enemy... or maybe I would :D

spidey....

AVM blues

Hi guys,
AVM reports that my case # cannot be found, when I tried searching by the employer ph # it gives a message no further cases, what does it mean?

They also serve who only stand and wait

Greetings to all of my friends also waiting on DOL Philly to make their way back into action after this hiatus on RIR cases.

I have posted some of my details on the spreadsheet tracking and hope for some progress towards my LC application.

My LC EB3RIR was originally submitted to PA SESA in April 24 2003
Attorney was notified October 6 2003 that case was received Philly DOL
I dont know case number or DOT code used but as I am in a Senior Sales role in IS industry I suspect it will begin with 275.

Hope to one day make it through AVM using employer phone # and see if I can track the case number down using DOT code and date rec eived.

Will try to contribute as best I can to the forum.

Good luck to all and in the euphoria and celebration of being approved remeber to tell us about your or anyone elses news you hear coming out of Philly.

P.S. Any hints about getting through to AVM. I have tried several times and only ever seem to get engaged or ring out. Hints/Tips?

Stuart

AVM Blues

When I enter my employer's phone number, I hear a message saying that "The employer phone number is not valid".

Only a few weeks back I used to get an entire list of cases that have a status of either received/certified.

Any of you have a similar observation ?? I have not been able to notice a new case number being assigned against against my employer. Neither has my lawyer come back with a case number that was stated on a receipt sent by PA DOL .

I received notification from my lawyer saying that my case was sent to PA DOL from DE SESA on 12/15/03. I am not aware of any means of verification though.

Just when it was my turn to use the AVM effectively, it seems to be screwed up.

pgae

All,

I had not been following the threaqds for a while. My LC is approved at Philly. The rcpt date was Sept 2003. EB2/RIR.

Good luck to all.

Re : AVM Blues

Hi Pgae
My case is exactly like yours. My lawyer said that it was moved to DOL on 12/17/2003. Didnt get a receipt yet. Also AVM says my employers phone number is invalid.
Also, I hear people saying their sept. cases are getting certified. So, looks like DOL may have made (a lot?) of changes in its processing abilities which systems like AVM's are not updated yet. Lets hope for the faint bright spot in this eternal darkness!

Cheers!

Reg : NON-RIR

Spidey,
I know its too early to ask this question..Do you know how long will it take once the application moves from SESA to DOL for NON-RIR...I am looking at the processing dates for NON-RIR in DOL at immigration.com and it looks like they are processing only Jan 2003..Can i assume that it will take another 1 year to get it approved once the application moves from SESA to DOL..

Thanks,

lewisburg_gc.... More details please

Congrats and good luck on next stages...

Can you please share more details of your case like

DOT Code/Job Title
How did you find out that your case is certified.
If possible more specific date of receipt and date of approval.
PD/ SESA filing date

Mine is 08/25 RD at Phily and little concerned that I didn't hear any thing so far. Let me see how similar your case is to mine... though the processing may not always be as rational as would like it to be!!!

Thx,

Originally posted by lewisburg_gc
All,

I had not been following the threaqds for a while. My LC is approved at Philly. The rcpt date was Sept 2003. EB2/RIR.

Good luck to all.

How to get the tracking number for AVM ?

Hi Guys,

My lawyer told me that Phili DOL does not give you a case number or receipt # when a case gets transferred from the SESA to the DOL. Is this true ?

I see that a lot of you guys check your status on the AVM ? what do you use as the tracking number and how do you get it ?

My case is an RIR one SESA application date 08/15/2003 and according to my lawyer it was transfered to the DOL sometime in Oct 2003. I was wondering if there is a way I could check the status of my case !

thanks
SM

nkvatsan

Thats what the dates seem to tell us. Another year for the Regional office to get to the non-RIR cases although it does seem like they've improved their processing off late so things may not be as bleak.

Re:How to get the tracking number for AVM ?

Hi SanksMysore
That sounds very fast SESA to me. Where did you file for SESA?

Whatz the status?

Guyz,
No news from attorney.
What is the status of case received on Aug11th, 2003 in Phily DOL.
Any updates Please?

Approvals for september are seen but what about august month?

zzzyyy,
Does it not bother you that you do not have a case number after a month of being informed about the case moving to DOL ? That leaves you with no way to track your case at PA DOL. You have to entirely rely on the lawyer/employer for updates. Secondly, with a copy of the receipt you know for sure there is a case in your name with PA DOL. With the case number at hand you can always find out the status from AVM and be proactive.

I wish PA DOL does issue the receipt with case number and my lawyer informs me the same asap.

Till later.
pgae

Re:How to get the tracking number for AVM

zzzYYY

I filed my case with the Phili SESA on 08/14/2003 in RIR and was informed by my lawyer that it was sentover to the DOL in Oct 2003.

I have no receipts or case number to confirm this though which bothers me !

So I am trying to figure out how I can check my status myself/thru the lawyer/thru my company although my lawyer says there is nothing that we can do other than wait and watch !!

sanksmysore

Pgae
It bothers me a lot when I start worrying about it. But what one can do? I'am just trying to look at +ve side of things.
There is absolutely Nothing one can do to dig info from DOL/Lawyer/Employer. I work for a Desi company, so it gets much complicated :)

Cheers!

Labor Processing Time...

FYI,

Yesterday I sent an email to Mr. Rajiv S. Khanna regarding labor-processing time. Here with I have enclosed the response email that I received for your kind perusal.

Thanks.

Response email....

Please note that due to a heavy work load at the various departments the
processing times are slow. Our web site will soon be updated by 1/23/04. I
hope this helps. Regards.

Charu Bhagat, Supervisor, NIV Section
charu@immigration.com
Law Offices of Rajiv S.Khanna, PC
5225N,Wilson Blvd, Arlington, VA-22205.
(703)908-4800 X103

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, January 19, 2004 3:09 PM
To: charu@immigration.com
Subject: Fwd: U.S. Department of Labor Processing Times

>Subject: U.S. Department of Labor Processing Times
>To: rskhanna@immigration.com
>X-Mailer: Lotus Notes Release 5.0.8 June 18, 2001
>From: anonymous@anonymous.com
>Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 10:29:20 -0500
> 01/19/2004 10:29:20
>
>
>
>
>
>Good Morning Mr. Rajiv S. Khanna,
>
>How are you doing today? I really appreciate you for publishing all these
>ingenious information on your website. I got a quick question for you.
>
>Question:
>
>My labor certification is under process in Philadelphia department of labor
>(EB3 NON-RIR Category). As per the information posted on DOL website, they
>are processing application received on May 2003. But on your website it
>says February 2003. I sturdily believe the information posted on your
>website is more authentic than on DOL website. Because I have friends of
>mine with receipt date March 2003 are still waiting.
>
>Could you please enlighten me, why it takes longer time to process labor
>certification now a days? How soon are you planning to update 'Labor
>Processing Times' on your website?
>
>
>Thanks and Have a Wonderful Day!
>
>AwardMyGC.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Law Offices of Rajiv S. Khanna, PC
5225 N. Wilson Blvd., Arlington, VA 22205-1148
Voice: (703) 908-4800 Xtn 110
rskhanna@immigration.com OR rskhanna@businesslaw.com

Interactive Conversation: http://boards.immigrationportal.com/
<http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=107834>Read about
our law suit against Immigration challenging I-485 delays

CONTINUALLY UPDATED ON OUR HOMEPAGE:
The News: http://www.immigration.com/newsletter/

Denied RIR cases

Hey guys!
BTW, has ANYONE out there, heard back from the DOL after their RIR's were remanded??

My company sent a response back to the DOL, after they denied my RIR. Basically they had to re-advertise and interview people (which they did and rejected all applicants). The response was sent on Sept 17th, but I have not heard anything back from these guys.

Please reply if you have any news regarding similar cases.

Also - on another note, If 3 different companies apply for Labor for the same individual, are there any known repercussions of that? Lets say for person XYZ, labor is filed from Philly, Delaware and Harrisburg.
Since, all applications finally move the Philly office - could there be problems?
Your insights are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

AVM....Perseverence

Okay after much hitting of the redial I finally got through AVM for the first time this evening around 7pm.

First attempt when I selected 1 for Permanent LC it hung up on me. More redialing and in around 5 tries I was back in again. Worked like a charm. Searched by employer phone number and found case number that matched the date given me by my attorney. Even the DOT code matched the description of my role.

Sadly the status is still just received but I live in hope that we will see forward progress.

Just a quick recap
EB3 RIR
Received SESA April 24
Received DOL Oct 9

I saw some september RIR get approved on the Tracker so here's hoping.

Status
Not open for further replies.