Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
LC approved...

Hi Anindya_72 and Rest all,

I received email intimation (from my company) about my LC being approved from Philly Dol. At this stage I do not know if my company has hard copy or not...

However, I *think* my LC may have been approved as early as 01/02/2003...so for all those on the forum who are close to my date, please double-check, you may already have been processed or be very close to being processed by philly DOL.

Anyways, here are the details...
Philly DOL RD : 09/30/2002
LC Appr : 01/22/2003

Good luck and thanks a *heap* to all who have been contributing and supportive. I will update the forum with whatever updates I get following on...

Could someone please update the excel tracking sheet please, I am on dialup currently and cannot get the doc to download completely!...

Good luck to all.

Thanks & Regards,
EtchoneB.

Originally posted by Anindya_72
Anindya_72 and etchoneb : Hard Copy Approval Notice :

My case has an approval date of 01/07/03 in the online email system. So I guess I'll wait for couple of more days before calling up the attorney!
Hope they will follow-up accordingly.
Any one else got hard copy approvals with approval date 01/07/03?

Thanks Sanga & usnyscs for updates.

Anindya_72.

Access automated email

Hi etchoneb
Can you give some info about how to get status via automated e-mail.
My RD was August 16th to Phily. No status yet. There are some other out there along with me.
Thanks,

RIR new DOL guideline

I read the new DOL RIR guideline regarding layoffs in the region and the sponsoring company. And it freaked me out. It seems if the sponsoring company happens to be in a region where has been some layoffs then the RIR labor will be rejected?

OR could I say that as long as the sponsoring company doesn't have layoffs, the Labor will be certified?

Thanks a lot.

This is the new guideline issued by DOL around March 02.

I heard in Boston, all the sw engineer RIR are rejected by regional DOL -- don't know if this is rumor or not.

I hope in in VA, sw engineer is still in demand.

Don't worry about those guide lines, they are pretty old and are in effect since then. Philly DOL has been approving cases very good. Since March 02, after giving those guide lines, processing at Philly has started slowing down, nothing to panic as we keep getting approvals. Where as Boston's case is different and that center even stated publicly that there is surplus amout of IT force in their area and started either rejecting or issuing lot of NOFs. And at SF DOL, you don't even beleive, they are not even processing RIRs properly, for long, saying that there is no need for RIR in that area. SF's RIR is struck at Dec 01 for more than 6-8 months now.

Be happy, our DOL is one of the best :cool:

Cheers !!
-Sanga.

Originally posted by LCSilence
This is the new guideline issued by DOL around March 02.

I heard in Boston, all the sw engineer RIR are rejected by regional DOL -- don't know if this is rumor or not.

I hope in in VA, sw engineer is still in demand.

Thanks for your reply. I feel much better. From what is posted on the board, there has been only one RIR rejection , a couple of NOFs (still approved later) and most are certified.

Hopefully, things are good for all of us.

The case RD Oct.31th was certified on 01/21/2003

Finally I can post my message. Just check through Philly DOL auto-phone and auto-email yesterday, and the following case was certified dated by 01/21/2003:

VA SESA RD: 08/07/2001
Philly DOL RD: 10/31/2002
LC Approved: 01/21/2003
030.162-014 (DOT Code)

Based on company info., salary, DOT Code, and date info., I think it is my case. But my HR said that there was no way to confirm it until we get hard copy of the LC. I will let you guys know if the hard copy comes in, and hope it is my LC.

Last edited by a moderator:
usnycus (other gurus): please guide

hi usnycus (and other gurus),

my labor was applied through harrisburg sesa (sent on sept 3, 2002) and my attorney says that he does not have any confirmation if it was sent to philly - he is guessing that it would have reached philly dol in the last week of september.

I checked the automated phone and email systems of philly dol and the first active case mentioned has the date of mid november.

please guide how I could concretely identify the dates at each stage as you have mentioned in your case.

thanks a ton for your help,

zipzapzoom

Originally posted by usnycus

example which I know :

July 17, 2002: Applied to Harrisburg SWA (SESA)
July 28, 2002: Forwarded by Harrisburg to Philly DOL
Aug 02, 2002: Recieved and assigned case # by Philly DOL
Nov 21, 2002: NOF for missing Adv. from Philly DOL
Dec 16, 2002: Submitted NOF Rebuttal to Philly DOL
Jan 07, 2003: Approved by Philly DOL

Hope this will help..............

Re: The case RD Oct.31th was certified on 01/21/2003

This is very interesting. I just returned from a long vaccation and could not follow the thread for over a month. But your RD at the DOL has been approved at quite a fast pace. I see that others from September are still reeling behind you. Wonder what that suggests! Anyway, my RD at DOL is Nov 12 (just 12 days behind your's) and my DOT Code is the same as yours. I know this is a dumb question but could you please highlight the significance of the same DOT Code??? I read in this forum before, where users have checked the DOT Codes (versus the Case #s) to determine the results. I am just a little confused. And I tried looking back in the thread but there is a lot of info there which confuses me. Please advise!

tx!
RD

Originally posted by longvalc
Finally I can post my message. Just check through Philly DOL auto-phone and auto-email yesterday, and the following case was certified dated by 01/21/2003:

VA SESA RD: 08/07/2001
Philly DOL RD: 10/31/2002
LC Approved: 01/21/2003
030.162-014 (DOT Code)

Based on company info., salary, DOT Code, and date info., I think it is my case. But my HR said that there was no way to confirm it until we get hard copy of the LC. I will let you guys know if the hard copy comes in, and hope it is my LC.

Finall my LC got approved

Phili DOL RD Oct 4 th 2002
Approval Date 1/14/2003

Good luck every one!!!!!!

Finall my LC got approved

Phili DOL RD Oct 4 th 2002
Approval Date 1/14/2003

Good luck every one!!!!!!

Re: usnycus (other gurus): please guide

ZipZapZoom

I was able to provide you that much detail because of NOF issued and we recieved LC Application (PART A & PART B) back from philly DOL with all these dates on it. Otherwise it is hard to get that much detail unless someone calls philly DOL and speak to someone over there personaly.....

Originally posted by ZipZapZoom
hi usnycus (and other gurus),

my labor was applied through harrisburg sesa (sent on sept 3, 2002) and my attorney says that he does not have any confirmation if it was sent to philly - he is guessing that it would have reached philly dol in the last week of september.

I checked the automated phone and email systems of philly dol and the first active case mentioned has the date of mid november.

please guide how I could concretely identify the dates at each stage as you have mentioned in your case.

thanks a ton for your help,

zipzapzoom

Prevailing Wage

I saw previous approval for software engineer, the wage is in 70K. Is it the case that as long as my wage is in 70Ks, I should be fine?

I check the online prevailing wage library, the prevailing wage has increased significantly over the past two years. The prevailing wage should be decided at the time of the filing or the time DOL reviewed it?

Thanks

Current Processing Dates

Does anyone know the current Processing Dates in DOL. I am not sure if it would be as easy as calling SESA to find out the PDs, but am wondering what dates is the DOL currently working on on RIR cases? Please advise!

Current Processing Dates

Does anyone know the current Processing Dates in DOL. I am not sure if it would be as easy as calling SESA to find out the PDs, but am wondering what dates is the DOL currently working on on RIR cases? Please advise!

Officially posted processing date is 08,02. Probably you could call the phone number on your receipt and get a person to answer you.

RD October 7th

My case has a RD in Philly as 10/7/02. On the discussion thread I see some cases with RD of last of week of September being approved.

Please let me know if anyone with October RD has got LC cleared.

The automated system hasn't been updated for a while.

thanks.

raju

Status
Not open for further replies.