Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still waiting..

Hi ge_ja,
Have you received your approval from DOL. I am still waiting as my lawyer didn't receive till yesterday.

Needhelp1 :confused:

Atlast It Arrived.

Hi Friends,
Atlast after 18 Months of long and painful wait, I have my Labor cleared from Philly DOL on November 21st and received the Hard copy today i.e., 27th of Nov.

I came to know this good news today evening and I couldn't beleive what I was hearing.

Thanks a lot Friends for all your help especially Usnycus and I will include you in all my Prayers and I am positive that you will definately get your approval soon.

My details:

Case # : 033795XX
DOT Code : 030.062-010
Category: EB2/RIR
Received Regional Office: 08/02/2002
Approval Date : 11/21/2002
Final Approval Receivedl Date : 11/27/2002

Please note that my company has filled six cases and out of that all 5 cases that were received on 08/02 were approved on 11/21 and one which went on 8/1 is still pending.

Needhelp1 :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Needhelp1,

Finally My attorney received orignal copy of approval yesterday(11/27/02), thanks a lot.

ge_ja

Re: Atlast It Arrived.

Congratulations to all those Folks whose Labor has been cleared.....
Few Tips Folks
When u are applying for 485 Please look for the Cheapest doctor for the medicals I was cheated I spent 500 for Both me and My wife in realty this is too much go to an Spanish or Desi doctor otherwise they give you all possible vaccines which are not required for INS....but these stupid medical centers are taking advantage and exploring it.......Lately I came to know about people who spend just ($150 both spouse and main appilcant) has got succesfully got Final GC....
Hepatitis,HIV, ChickenPox,FLUShot....Shit Shot...LUUshot..FXXXshot are some of the unnecssary U come across......

All I say is be wise.....
Same thing with Photos....don't spend more than $20 bucks for 8 photos look for Ritz or any other Big snap shots if u go to local fellows the charge u exuburant money........

Thanks a lot Friends for all your help and Good Luck for all of us in our Next stages...
lets meet in I-140/485 forum and run our successful suggestions there
Originally posted by needhelp1
Hi Friends,
Atlast after 18 Months of long and painful wait, I have my Labor cleared from Philly DOL on November 21st and received the Hard copy today i.e., 27th of Nov.

I came to know this good news today evening and I couldn't beleive what I was hearing.

Thanks a lot Friends for all your help especially Usnycus and I will include you in all my Prayers and I am positive that you will definately get your approval soon.

My details:

Case # : 033795XX
DOT Code : 030.062-010
Category: EB2/RIR
Received Regional Office: 08/02/2002
Approval Date : 11/21/2002
Final Approval Receivedl Date : 11/27/2002

Please note that my company has filled six cases and out of that all 5 cases that were received on 08/02 were approved on 11/21 and one which went on 8/1 is still pending.

Needhelp1 :)

dependent

I had a question regarding the medical test.
If someone has the deactivated TB spot on the X-ray(which is the spot that deactivated the TB), how do the doctors do medical test?
I mean there will be a deactivated spot on the X-ray but that is not the one which is in the active stage..
Do any one knows how doctors will do the test for this this to prove the TB spot is a deactivated one?
Any suggestions, will be greatly appreciated
thanks a lot

Concurrent Filing Update

Hi Guys,

I found this information on the Immigration-law website.

· One of the primary concerns of concurrent filing is the non-addressability by INS regarding on the 180 portability rule after applying I140/485 concurrently. Check it out and ask your lawyer for detailed information in this regard, before you go ahead and do concurrent filing.

From www.immigration-law.com

Updated 11/02/2002: I-140/485 Concurrent Filing Rule Clarification

When the INS launched the concurrent filing procedure, there were a few questions which had not been answered by the INS. The following are the clarification by the INS HQ as of now:
Jurisdiction: When the job site is different from one's residence for whatever reasons, people should follow the following rules:
If I-140 is already approved, people will be allowed to file with either the Service Center that has jurisdiction over I-140 or the Service Center that has jurisdiction over I-485.
If I-140 and I-485 are filed together concurrently, it should be filed with the Service Center that has jurisdiction over I-140 and not the Service Center that has jurisdiction over I-485.
If I-140 has already been filed and one files I-485 afterwards but while the I-140 is still pending, such I-485 must be filed with the Service Center where I-140 is pending.
I-140 jurisdiction is determined by one of the following factors: (1) Job site as shown on labor certification application, or (2) Main business office location of the employer if the labor certification was filed for undetermined location, or (3) If employer has a sole jurisdiction arrangement with any Service Center, that Service Center has jurisdiction over I-140, however, the Service Center that has jurisdiction over the job site on the labor certification may also be able to exercise jurisdiction over the I-140, or (4) If a self-petition, where the alien resides.
I-485 jurisdiction is determined by the alien's place of residence.
In any event, the best policy is to file I-485 with the Service Center which has jurisdiction over the I-140, no matter whether I-140 has already been approved or still pending.
Processing of the Concurrently Filed I-140 and I-485: The INS bifurgates the proceedings. Initially it was unclear, but the INS HQ confirms that the two are processed separately. Therefore, I-140 will be first adjudicated as separate from I-485, and the Service Centers will issue Receipt Notice and Approval Notice as if I-140 was filed independently. This decision helps the people who need to utilize 180-day change of employer rule under AC 21 since the I-140 Receipt Notice will be issued early on. Additionally, the Service Centers are targetting to adjudicate such concurrently filed I-140 form 60 days to 90 days.
Availability of 180-Day Rule of AC 21 Pending I-140 Petition: The INS has yet to make decision on this issue and both the INS HQ and all the Service Centers decline to answer this question as of now. This is a situation where the decision of concurrently filed I-140 takes more than 180 days for whatever reasons.
EAD/Advance Parole: Unless I-140 statutory and prima-facie eligibility review is completed or I-140 is approved, EAD and Advance Parole applications will remain "on hold." Additionally, if RFE is issued for I-140, it stops the clock of running of 90 days for the purpose of eligibility for interim EAD until the response to the EAD is received by the Service Centers. Accordingly, the concurrent I-140/485 filers should maintain his/her nonimmigrant status as long as possible not for the purpose of maintaining a legal status in this country but for the purpose of keeping employment authorization that comes with H-1B or L-1 or other employment-based nonimmigrant visa status. As far as maintaining a legal status, proper filing and receipt of I-485 automatically make such alien's legal status in this country "legal" pending adjudication of I-485. According to the recent opinion of the INS, this includes those who have returned from overseas trip and reentered the country on "advance parole" and the paroled I-94 expires pending I-485 adjudication. In the event that he/she fails to receive EAD after filing the concurrent I-140/485 and fails to maintain the employment-based nonimmigrant status for whatever reasons, he/she should stop working until EAD is received or such employment-based nonimmigrant status is resolved. For most of the employment-based nonimmigrants, filing of petition for extension, I-129, automatically grants 240 days permit for employment pending adjudication of such I-129. In this regards, the people who can face a serious trouble because of the delay of issuance of EAD will be more or less limited to those who are not in a "valid" nonimmigrant status at the time of I-140/485 filing or while he/she was waiting for EAD approval.

needhelp1 & ge_ja

Congratulation again to both of you.

dependent
Thanx for the tip regarding Medical Exam. You are right that we spend a lot of money to get that from Docter's when it could cost a lot less if we shop around. I guess after long wait during LC stage folks like me and you don't want to waste any more time and get Medical & other papers ready ASAP.

Anyone have an updated list?...

Thanks to all who have so diligently contributed to this forum and continue to do so....Great Job all!
Anyone get a chance to update the list based on some of the recent approvals?...would love to see where it stands...seems like Philly DOL is moving these days...

Regards,
EtchOneB

Thanks Usnycus

Have you heard any news from DOL yet ? Good luck to you friend.

Dependent is very true. One of my friend went to an american doctor for Immigration purposes and he was charged $720 for both husband and wife. So do all your home work now and as soon as the LC is cleared, go to that doctor.

I would say if possible take MMR, VARICELLA, TETANUS from the County Health Clinics by spending $5 or so now itself or if you already have taken the above immunizations then keep the record of it and show it to the doctor when you go for Immigration checkup.

Needhelp1.

any updates ?

I randomly checked the case numbers , it seems the latest date they updated the case status was Nov 21. and the number is 033801xx. I haven't heard any status updated after Nov 21. Have you ? It seems DOL doesn't update it on a daily basis.

needhelp1

We haven't send the Tier-Sheet yet...There was one more problem with the LC Application which my attorney pointed out later. The Philly DOL Regional address on Job Posting (i.e Notice of Filling) was also incorrect. We need to post "Job Posting" again with correct address and send them after 10 day's. There were two more application from my employer with the same DOL address and surprisingly DOL approved them. Anyway we decided not to mention that yesterday while speaking to Philly DOL and my attorney thinks it's better to do "Job Posting" again and send information back to DOL rather then arguing about things. We are just waiting for 10 day's (i.e. till 12/06/2002) to pass since we recieved NOF and after that we are going to mail all the requested documents.

I hope DOL will find application complete and correct this time.....

Updated tracking list

Re: Thanks Usnycus

How to find the the nearest Country Health clinics.Do you have any contact info about them.

Dependent is very true. One of my friend went to an american doctor for Immigration purposes and he was charged $720 for both husband and wife. So do all your home work now and as soon as the LC is cleared, go to that doctor.

I would say if possible take MMR, VARICELLA, TETANUS from the County Health Clinics by spending $5 or so now itself or if you already have taken the above immunizations then keep the record of it and show it to the doctor when you go for Immigration checkup.

Needhelp1.

Question

Does the Phily DOL process application in the order they receive (by Month and date) like Richmond DOL? Someone please explain. My application was sent to Phily DOL on November 1st, 2002. How long do I have to wait before they reach my application? Thanks in advance!

sharmin
According to Philly DOL they process application on FIFO (First In First Out) method. But we have seen people getting approval with RD date higher (or recent) then other's. I guess that happens when a particular application comes to an analyst who is more efficient or having less load.

Usually Philly DOL takes around 90-100 day's to process a RIR LC Application once it is entered in their system.

Question

Thanks so much, usnycus, for your quick response! I guess I have to wait for another two months or so.

Re: Thanks Usnycus

Hi Folks..
Hope everyone is doing good here....
Request for people whose labor has cleared try to run the same thread by joing at
I-140 Issues >>> Vermont Service Center I-140 >>> Only for Concurrent fillers after your labor apporaval.. already sanga and needhelp1 are posting messages there.....
It would be helpful if we can share our sarrows and concerns there.......
Good luck to rest of you!!!!:( :(

Needhelp1.

Checked the AVM by random case numbers, they are processing aug 15 2002 cases . Latest was updated on Nov 27 2002.I think AVM will be updated again on 12/05/2002 Hope it moved atleast 3-4 days from aug 15.

What is AVM and how to check it? Also, can someone please tell me how to get automatic e-mail with the status?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.