Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
address change

Hello Folks!!
Follsk Before I apply for next stage I gor question if any one know anything about this Please share..
I will be moving out of this place after three months Now My questions is will it be an issue if I change address after applying for next stage any suggestions on this
:confused:

Dependent,
Most probably Yes. I talked to my lawyer about this scenario for one of my friend and he mentioned to me that you he should try to keep the same address on which I485 was filled.

In case of change of address, then he will have to inform INS about the change and most likely INS can miss the address change info and they will be still sending all the correspondence to the old address which we don't want at this stage of GC.

The decision is finally yours and you will have to do what you have to do.

Needhelp1

Labor Over Finally

Folks,

My attorney called me today to pass the great news that my wait for labor is over and that I can go ahead with I-140/I-485 concurrent processing. Hope my info below will give you some insight where Phili-DOL currently is.

Date DOL recvd: August 14th -2002
DotCode: 030.062-101
Date approved: Will let you know soon
Type: EB2-RIR

BTW, the email messaging system and AVM still show my case number as under processing.

Hope this helps.

Hi Friends,

I have check AVM today, the following is the result.

My Labor certified
Date DOL recvd: August 15th -2002

Date approved: Nov 21
Type: EB2-RIR

Can you guys tell me how long does original approval takes to reach attorney office.

Thanks,
ge_ja

Congrats dependent, allnew and ge_ja. Hope Phily DOL works with the same speed for next of days to clear all our cases.

Congratulation's to all the member's who recently got their LC Approved

Regarding my case, I came to know through employer that NOF is issued. ........:confused:

We don't know why and planning to call Phily DOL tomorrow and find out.....I will keep this thread posted.....I guess another month or so if I am lucky........:mad:

Update.

Hi Usnycus ,
Don't worry. Everything will be fine. Atleast now you know that they have looked at your case and once you sent them the reply then it should be fast. Good luck to you buddy.

Hi All,
I have checked the AVM and Email system and found that all cases my company has filled on August 2nd are approved and Only 1 case which was filled on 1st August is still pending.

So now I will have to wait till my lawyer gets the info from DOL and then I will be able to tell if my case is approved or not.

Please wish me Good Luck friends.

Needhelp1

wish you the LUCK !!

usnycus and needhelp1, I wish you both good luck with your LCs.

usnycus, Its unforunate to see NOF on your case after all this delay and wait. Please do not lose heart on this. Hopefully NOF is very minor and will be resolved soon.

Good Luck!!
-Sanga.

Update on NOF

Thanks Sanga & Needhelp1

NOF is issued because of missing Tier-Sheet.....It's a minor issue.

Employer & Attorney spoke to someone at Philly DOL and according to Philly DOL, my application does not include Tier-Sheet. It's funny and unbelivable that Application is not complete. I mailed myself all the papers after checking everything twice and still they are not able to find Tier-Sheet. If Tier-Sheet was not there from begining then how come Harrisburg SWA (SESA) approved and forwaded to Regional DOL Center. It shows what a mess DOL has in it's center.......

Anyway, tomorrow we are mailing all the papers again and hopefully this time Philly DOL will act on application promptly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey USNYcus,
Good that it is a minor issue. Wish you best of luck this time.
Could you please shed little light on what is tier sheet? Could you please let us know what are all the documents should be sent with LC application.

My company has a dedicated attorney he must have sent all the papers but for my knowledge please let me know.
Once again best of luck.

Dear Friends,

could somebody tell me how long approval notice will take to reach the attorney, mine approvd on Nov 21 st.

thanks,
ge_ja

da_best

Following paper/document are required for LC:

a) PART-A/B of LC Application.
b) Copy of Print Media Adv.
c) Tier-Sheet: A reciept from Newspaper Office detailing cost/timing and contents of the adv.
d) Supporting letter from Employer.
e) Form G-28: Notice of Entry of Appearance as Attorney.
f) Job Notice: Copy of Job posting posted at the place where employee will eventually work.
g) Beneficiery education/employment certificates/letters.

Still waiting..

Thanks Sanga and I wish good luck to Usnycus.

ge_ja,
I think it should take a maximum of 5 working days to get the final approval to your lawyer. And I am also in the same boad like you and I am expecting it to receive it today.

Needhelp1

ge_ja

In my case NOF was issued on 11/21/2002 and my attorney recieved letter yesterday (11/25/2002). Hopefully u will be getting your approved LC in a day or so.....

Can anybody help me with the following issue?.

My GC is still in LC. Recd date 09/18/2002. My spouse's H1 expires (six years) in May 2003. She didn't apply for GC, does she have to go out of the country or is there any other solution?

Thanks in advance

Where ?

Recd date 09/18/2002 at Philly DOL?. If that is a YES: then its easy to answer your Q. After you get your LC in another month or so, when you do your concurrent filing you will have to include your spouse to your GC and apply for I-765 (EAD) for her too. At VSC, EAD is pretty fast and your spouse will get it much before her H1B expires. And after wards you know the story... she will work on EAD :).

Hope this helps.
- Sanga

Originally posted by ma_an
Can anybody help me with the following issue?.

My GC is still in LC. Recd date 09/18/2002. My spouse's H1 expires (six years) in May 2003. She didn't apply for GC, does she have to go out of the country or is there any other solution?

Thanks in advance

What if not

I am also in the same boat. What if we don't get EAD in time. I guess spouse can stay on H4. My knowledge is one can not work but can stay as dependent.

Re: What if not

Yes and No. Its tricky, but nothing to worry.

H4 and H1B together counts (even L1, if worked on it before) towards 6yr limit. So if your spouse is up with 6yr limit w/ H1B, she can not be on H4 and be in status with the following exception (Tricky Huh!!).

Tricky part is: If you apply for AOS(I-485), including your spouse as derivative to your GC, she will be in status(along with you) while the AOS is pending. But, she can not work until her EAD(I-765) is approved.

Is it any help?!
- Sanga.

Originally posted by kapireddy
I am also in the same boat. What if we don't get EAD in time. I guess spouse can stay on H4. My knowledge is one can not work but can stay as dependent.

Status
Not open for further replies.