Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
nyte_crawler

Hi nyte_crawler

Mine is EB2-NRIR received date at Philly DOL is June 19th. How come your case is approved while your RD is September?

May I know your DOT CODE please?

Is there anything we have do to expedite the process?

Thanks,

I work in telecom (engineering)

I have worked for this company for 7 yrs now....I was transferred from canada after being with them for 2 yrs there! in 2001 I began the greencard process.
(long story... my wife passed away - Canadian as well!)
My daughter is american! I recieve social security Death Benefits for her from the Government!

My company is a large company they provided the State and DOL originally regional publication of job adds. National recruiting.... Job advertisements in a National Magazine "Telephoney" and "Outside Plant"! They run these adds in every months addition!

I can not see a lack of advertising causing it to be remanded!
I am figuring that due to the economy they are forcing it non-RIR!

?????

Last edited by a moderator:
jonboutilier,

Does your company have layoffs recently? If so, that will do it. Also, do you have job related experience before you join this company? You have to have previous experience to qualify for RIR these days. Also, what is your job DOL code? Some positions are not in shortage anymore.

DOT CODE IS 003.167-042
Outside Plant Engineer

Thier have been no layoffs in my company within the last 6 months. Actually we have hired on 1 person with the same title in the last 6 months.

As far as experince goes:
I have all my certifications and I had 5yrs experience doing this job.... with "this" Company prior to starting the Greencard process! In which time I have taken and recieved direct client / company training that is specific and generic to the job I do for them.... A new hire would literally be 5 yrs behind in training to do the job I do....

Hopefully I have a case and they will certifiy it!
...so that I can move on!

thanks again....
I will keep you all posted!

Technically, you need to have job related experience with other companies to do RIR. The experience with your sponsor company doesn't count.

However, there are discussions on the forum as to how to use the experience with current company. It has to be presented to DOL in a certain way to convince them that experience counts.

Hope you get your case approved soon!

I think Jon has the case. He had those 5 years in Canada before he came down south.

You'll get it Jon.

Finaly it has arrived

Hi Everybody,
My labor was approved on 2/10/03 and on 03/05/03 my lawyer got the actual approval certification. My case was transferred to DOL on 11/18/02. It is a EB2 RIR case...
Best of luck for everybody who is still waiting....
Thanks

My LC was approved yesterday

I checked it by phone.

VA: 9/10/2001
DOL:12/9/2002
Certified on 3/6/2003
RIR EB2
DOT code:030.062.010
Thank you guys

Help Wanted !!

My DOT Code is 030.062-010. Even i was surprised, there were a lot of people who applied from the same company and they even have recieve dates before mine.

My status

EB2 RIR
Virginia SESA Reciept date: Sep 18th 2001 (approved)
DOL Recieved date: 12/18/02 (approx)

Labor Approved from Phily ahead of Time

I know my friends labor application was sent to phily office in the last week of Oct 2002 and it got approved on Jan 15th, 2003. The processing date was still 08/2002 at that time.

Any thoughts on this fact?

Random processing

There are a number of officers processing the applications at DOL and each officer processes certain applications and depending on the speed of the officer some applications get processed faster than the rest.

It means that there are only a few lucky people who get that and the rest of us just have to stay in the queue and wait our turn with the regular processing times.

Thankfully the DOL in Philly is relatively faster than most DOL's in the whole country.

VA

Question for immigration gurus

My case was sent to Virginia SESA for approval. I had called up Virginia SESA and they told me that my case was approved on Dec 17th and sent to Philly DOL.

I dont know my case # with Philly DOL. How do I get it?

When I use the automated phone system (with my employer phone number), the case number jumps from Nov 27th 2002 to Jan 24th 2003. How come? I was expecting my case to be received by DOL by end of Dec.

Non RIR Case Status - Please Update the SpreadSheet

Please update this thread as the information gets going. This is very useful for many guys like me and i am sure it is.
My case Details are:
The case is applied on July 22nd 2002 and got Approved at SESA and sent to DOL on 12/31/02 EB2 Non-RIR. If there are any one just like me or who is looking for more information please update this thread so that we will know where we are going.
Thanks

Any updates ?.

hello ,

My company filed in EB2 RIR at Virginia in 10/2002.Got SESA approval on 2/6/03.And filed at Philly on 2/21/03.Any idea how long it is going to take at this point to get labor cleared ?.

Can I change my company after I get labor cleared and still use the same labor with my new employer.

Thanks
Ravi

Status
Not open for further replies.