Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I filed from Richmond, VA in Sep24th 2001. But mine was EB3 RIR. Is there any difference in labor processing time between EB2 and EB3. My case was moved to Phily DOL on Feb04 2003.

Conngrates

Hi compuser1973
Congrates on your approval, My case was approved on 2/10/2003 but my lawyer has not received the hard copy of the approval yet. This friday it will be 3 weeks now. Can you post a message when you receive your approval, and I will do the same if I receive it...
Thanks

Originally posted by compuser1973
I filed in VA - Original Receipt Date was 4 Sept. 2001

Question ?

I call up the automated number at phili and it says my case has been certified. I had a reciept date of 9/12/2002 and it was NRIR, EB3. Is that possible or is there any glitch in the communications ?

nyte_crawler you are a lucky one!

All the best....my receipt date is June 2002 (EB3 NRIR) and still waiting.

I did receive the copy from my lawyer today. So I am now gathering required material for 140 and 485...

Goodluck to you all - and see you all in I-140-485 forums.

Hi UWXYZ,
My labor was also approved on 2/10/03. I received the hard copy on 2/12/03 and filed I140/485/765 on
2/25/03. You should've received your copy by now.
While you're waiting:
1) Get your medical(I693) done
2) Fees for all above forms have changed as of
2/27/03. Make sure your lawyer knows that.

Regards,

supporting documents for Birth certificate

Can anyone give me more information on what documents should be collected for birth certificate. As my birth certificate doesn't has my name on it.

Thanks
va

Thanks

Thanks guys for letting me know.. Spoke to the paralegal this morning and they have sent a query to them asking when and where the approval notice ( hard copy ) was sent. What are the other options if god forbid it is lost in transit will the DOL give a duplicate copy ? Also my company is not doing parallel processing so I guess I just have to worry about I140 for now. May also think of CP option ...
The fun never ends...
Well for now I alltogether have a different tension the big India Pakistan clash...Will be glued to the television tonight. Go India and Best of luck to all of you...

Originally posted by parvardigar
Hi UWXYZ,
My labor was also approved on 2/10/03. I received the hard copy on 2/12/03 and filed I140/485/765 on
2/25/03. You should've received your copy by now.
While you're waiting:
1) Get your medical(I693) done
2) Fees for all above forms have changed as of
2/27/03. Make sure your lawyer knows that.

Regards,

Hi parvardigar,

I am also waiting for my labour to be approved from Phily DOL. Can you please Give me the details of the documents that I should collect so that I can apply 140 and 485 in parallel. Time is running out for me because my spouse's 6 year limit is coming up. And we are wondering about EAD.
And also does it make any difference in processing times if the case is EB2 or EB3. Mine is filed in EB2.
Your input on this is highly appreciated.
Thanks,
caps.

Finally my case is certified. DOL received my case on July 3, 2002. Issued Notice of findings. We sent back the rebuttal in last Novemeber. Now after endless waiting, it finally gives me good news. :) Got a lot of useful information from the forum, so I think I should provide some information back.

Good luck to all. Don't give up your hope as you can see from my case.

Labor Certified

Finally my labor was certified , Waiting for hard copy.

RD DOL : 09/10/02 EB3/RIR

FINAL ACTION : 02/26/03. CERTIFIED

Thanks for all your support, & good luck for everyone .

CAPS,
I'm sorry I do not visit this thread as often as
my labor was approved on 2/10/03..Thus I'm replying you late. Please check the following link
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=440245#post440245

where I've attached a word document for "JALMA". This document has all the info. you need to know
for filing 140/485/765...This the thred in I140-
VERMONT--ONLY FOR CONCURRENT filers...

While you're waiting for your Labor...
I would suggest to do following:
1) Get your I693 forms ready(Medical Examination)
2) Birth Certificate
3) I134..etc...Check the list in word doc

Medical takes about three to four days and results
are valid for a year until you file 140/485..after
140/485 is valid til you get your green card. You can get the original I693 form mailed to you from
INS's website. Good Luck!!!

Regards,
Parvardigar

Remanded To Employer?

My case was sent to DOL on Aug 28 2002 as RIR
Recieved in Philly DOL on Sept 3 2002
Remanded to Employer on March 03 2003

???????????????????????????????????????

What does this mean? Please help!
I have not seen this before.... (Remanded is this the new term for NOF?)

I seen one other post stating Remanded to the State? ...but not to an Employer!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

One more RIR is denied

Dear Friends,

Today I came to know that my LC is denied at Phily DOL.

My six months waiting ended with this bad news.

Details:
SWA: Delaware (Received Date 08/22/02)
Catagory: RIR /EB3 (Programmer Analyst)
DOL: Philadelphia (Received Date 11/13/2002)
Responded: RIR Denied (02/19/2003)
Reasons: Additional recruitment efforts are required. Explains that one advt is needed.

Can any one tell me what is the next step? I heard that denied RIRs will be sent back to SWA and placed in Regular Processing Queue.

How long I need to wait to get my LC ?

I would like to know what about my Priority Date? The original PD will remain same or will get changed to current date? My PD is 8/22/02 and now Delaware is processing september cases.

As my 6 th year of H1 will expire soon, can I hope I will get my LC certified for sure from DOL thru Regular processing?

Please help me out in understanding the whole scenario and let me know your suggestions to get my LC at the earliest?

Re: Remanded To Employer?

Hi jonboutilier,

I don't really know what it means. But i just searched on google for "remanded to employer" and it came up with few sites containing these words. Maybe you can do the same and go thru them to find if there is anything applicable to you.

I am just a new member in this forum. My application was approved by state labor (VA) and sent to Philly on 02/06/2003. I guess i have a long wait before i can hear from them.

Do you know how long its taking for Phily DOL approval?
Sjd
Originally posted by jonboutilier
My case was sent to DOL on Aug 28 2002 as RIR
Recieved in Philly DOL on Sept 3 2002
Remanded to Employer on March 03 2003

???????????????????????????????????????

What does this mean? Please help!
I have not seen this before.... (Remanded is this the new term for NOF?)

I seen one other post stating Remanded to the State? ...but not to an Employer!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

Approved !!

I got news from my attorney that my LC got approved.
Pittsburgh SESA - June 1 2002
Philly Dol Recvd - Sep 12 2002
Approved -- Feb 25 2003
EB3 - NRIR

See you all in I 140 . I 485 forms. Thanks for all the help and information.

Nyte

HELP! HELP! HELP!

Anyone please help me in giving the suggestion. My situation right now is six year limit for H1 B is over. The company that I am working for
Applied for Green Card and also the extension of H1B as labor is pending approval.But the kicker is the chances that my company lays me off.
If I loose my job, what will happen to me. I haven't got my H1B approval yet. No Green Card. What is status.
Can I stay here legally?. Can I get H1B with any other company.
Any suggestion is valuable to me. Thanks in advance. I will be eagerly waiting for the relply.

For THOSE WHO WANTED TO KNOW WHAT REMANDED MENT:
I found this on internet:
ews

DOL Guidance on RIR Labor Certification
Additional scrutiny in layoff situations

March 20, 2002 - The U. S. Department of Labor issued a memorandum addressing Reduction in Recruitment (RIR) labor certification applications in
light of increased layoffs in various areas. The memo provides guidelines on how the Certifying Officers (CO) should address RIR labor certification
applications when layoffs occur.

RIR labor certification applications are based on recruitment during the six-month period preceding the filing of the application. If upon examining the
application the CO has reason to believe that the company may have laid off any workers within the last six months, regardless of whether it is
subsequent to the original test of the labor market, the CO will send a letter to the company requesting for the following information:

number of workers that were laid off from the occupation that is the subject of the labor certification application;
documentation, by geographic area and worker, of the consideration given to the laid off workers for the position for which certification is
sought; and
if any U.S. workers were rejected for the position for which certification is sought, the company must provide the lawful job related reasons
for each worker rejected.

If the CO has reason to believe that there have been layoffs by other employers in the area of employment that may involve the occupation, the CO
should provide the employer with the option of (1) publishing one additional advertisement consistent with the ad provided in the original RIR
application or (2) requesting that the application be remanded to the state for regular labor certification processing.

Additionally, the memo provides clarification that one print advertisement in a newspaper of general circulation or a relevant journal, along with other
evidence of recruitment in the six months prior to filing the application, would establish a ?pattern of recruitment? for Reduction in Recruitment
processing. The pattern of recruitment would demonstrate that the company adequately tested the labor market for the occupation sought on the labor
certification application.

In subsequent discussions, Department of Labor representatives have indicated that additional clarification of the memorandum may be forthcoming in
the near future. Berry, Appleman & Leiden attorneys will continue to work with the U.S. Department of Labor to clarify the new guidelines, and with our
clients in complying with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.