Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spreadheet updated

Guys,

I updated the spreadheet with the latest info posted. It looks like the the cases from MD are getting approved fast.

EDIT: missed an update.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good news!

Hello everyone - Its been a LONG LONG wait.

1. Labor filed in Aug 2001

2. Philadelphia office received my application in April 2003

3. RIR DENIED in June 2003

4. Employer re-advertised and sent response back to DOL in Sept 2003

5. ALMOST QUIT PRESENT EMPLOYER

6. Checked AVM today and say Labor cert approved - on Jan 23rd.

I just wanted to let people know - specifically those whose RIR has been remanded, that my employer received 75 resumes for my posting and they rejected all, with VALID reasons. It seems like the DOL is giving the employers a hard time, but if your application and case is strong, they do approve it.

Also, as a backup, I filed for Canadian PR.

Thanks everyone for their help.

Re: Good news!

Congrats jatt5abda,

Could you please share your case information.
When you said your RIR was denied back in June 2003,
Did you case become Non-RIR?

Could you please let me know, what date your case received
in Philadelphia office?

Thanks

AwardMyGC.

Originally posted by jatt5abda
Hello everyone - Its been a LONG LONG wait.

1. Labor filed in Aug 2001

2. Philadelphia office received my application in April 2003

3. RIR DENIED in June 2003

4. Employer re-advertised and sent response back to DOL in Sept 2003

5. ALMOST QUIT PRESENT EMPLOYER

6. Checked AVM today and say Labor cert approved - on Jan 23rd.

I just wanted to let people know - specifically those whose RIR has been remanded, that my employer received 75 resumes for my posting and they rejected all, with VALID reasons. It seems like the DOL is giving the employers a hard time, but if your application and case is strong, they do approve it.

Also, as a backup, I filed for Canadian PR.

Thanks everyone for their help.

Re: Aug 03 approvals?

Mine was received on august 15th at phily DOL. Still didn't get any update from lawyer & AVM.

Originally posted by harrisburg012
Hi guys,
Any one with Aug 11th approval, I see lot of Sept approvals but none in Aug ?

I request , to keep the form active.

Thnks

Re: Re: Good news!

Originally posted by AwardMyGC
Congrats jatt5abda,

Could you please share your case information.
When you said your RIR was denied back in June 2003,
Did you case become Non-RIR?

Could you please let me know, what date your case received
in Philadelphia office?

Thanks

AwardMyGC.

Hi, how are you?
I dont think so that my case actually became a non-RIR. I think that it was just a "remand" and the DOL asked for it to be readvertised once again. Basically by doing so, I lost 7 months. Also, the priority date remained the same as when the case was received in the Philly DOL, I think that was 04/25 when my case actually got thru to Philly.

Are you having the same problem?

one more approval

I checked AVM yesterday.

One of the cases filed from my company got certified.

State: MD ( filed in 2001)
Philly Recd date: Oct 16, 2003.
Certified on: Sometime last week

My case status is still 'Received'. Date: Sept 24th, 2003. Hoping for the best!

mdgc2001

Few cases are faster.
Does it have anything to do with the pilot program?
My receipt date at DOL is OCt 13. I'm from MD as well.
Mine is still in received date.

Re: Re: Aug 03 approvals?

Hi ,

Mine is also DOL received date is August 25th 2003 and waiting for approval . Guys any august approvals ?

Labor

Hello
My labor reached Philly DOL on Oct 15, my colleagues reached on Sep 18 and she just found out it was certified earlier this week ( EB2-RIR).State filed : PA

Hope mine comes soon.
SG.

Are all certified are from the same dot code if not state?
What criteria these DOL people are using to find out the cases on the fast track?

LC processing is like Tax laws..

there are many rules and then you have many exemptions...Here you have exemptions for Faculty positions, Non-RIR Limited review, Pilot Programs (?), Defence Firm's Employees, National Interest Waiver and so on....In such cases just DOL received date doesn't mean much!
In addition to this when ever there is some anomaly (like what we are seeing here), there comes another theory explaining it. May be we can find our own theory on these approvals, but we need more details like their SESA date, location, DOT Code, EB2/EB3, employer etc....

BTW I tried calling them y'day (215-861-5250), but apparently they work through voice mails. You leave a message and they call you back! Yeah right!!! ... and their message also indicates that they do not entertain specific inquiries!

I am a little more than frustrated at this stage...!!!

Originally posted by hemant2001
Are all certified are from the same dot code if not state?
What criteria these DOL people are using to find out the cases on the fast track?

No doubt it is frustrating. Mine is July 16th 2003 and status Received. Between my Sesa is DE. I am sure there are many June/July/Aug cases in this forum with 'Received' status. Please share....

Cases picked up by Lottery

Hello,

Looks like they pick up cases by lottery. I was just reading the message posted my PradK.
My case is also RIR/EB2 with DOL received date Aug 08.
I dont think they follow any priority to approve cases.
One of my collegue whose case is similar to mine in all aspects got approved on Jan 06 and his received date is Sept 08. This shows they just pick up cases by lottery. Very frustating.

Why are you in Computer related field??

Why are you in Computer related field??

Do Lawn Mowing if you want to get Greencard

Philly case no

03400300 recvd Dec 8, 03 Approved Dec 10, 03
03400301 recvd Dec 8, 03 Approved Dec 15, 03
03400302 recvd Dec 8, 03 Approved Dec 10, 03

All these cases have DOT code of
408.687-014 LABORER, LANDSCAPE (agriculture)

Moves soil, equipment, and materials, digs holes, and performs related duties to assist LANDSCAPE GARDENER (agriculture) 408.161-010 in landscaping grounds: Digs holes for plants and trees, using pick and shovel. Mixes fertilizer or lime with dirt in bottom of holes to enrich soil, places plants or trees in holes, and adds dirt to fill holes. Attaches wires from planted trees to stakes to support trees. Hauls or spreads topsoil, using wheelbarrow and rake. Waters lawns, trees, and plants, using portable sprinkler system, hose, or watering can. Spreads straw over seeded soil to prevent movement of seed and soil. Builds forms for concrete borders, using lumber, hammer, and nails. Mixes and pours cement for garden borders. Places decorative stones and plants flowers in garden areas. Mows lawns, using power mower.

GOE: 03.04.04 STRENGTH: H GED: R2 M2 L2 SVP: 2
DLU: 81

I guess they work in whitehouse ;)

Contact AVM

You can reach AVM by dialing 215-861-5286. It rings forever so hold patiently, it will finally pick up.

Choose 1. for permanent applications, and then You need to know your case # or Employer Ph.Num to get status.

Good luck.
SG.

Thanks sgupta01 for the information.

When I called the AVM, it says that my case has been certified.

What does that mean? Is my labor approved?

I would greatly appreciate if somebody could give me more information.

Thanks
Sajid

Yes it is !!! Congratulations !!! Please if you can share your DOT code and Phily Receive date.

Originally posted by sajidkapadia
Thanks sgupta01 for the information.

When I called the AVM, it says that my case has been certified.

What does that mean? Is my labor approved?

I would greatly appreciate if somebody could give me more information.

Thanks
Sajid

My bad !!

I was too excited and jumped to conclusion. It was my friend's certification.

For my case, they are saying it has been received.

-Sajid

Hi Sajid,

Do you have any idea when ur friend's case was received in Regional Office. What's the DOT code. PLease share with us.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.