Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
To Sunkav

Hi,

Can you tell me which SWA is your case filed with? Is it Virginia or Pennsylvania?

My case was issued a notice to re-advertise. But my employer hasn't got the instruction to do the ad. Because VA SWA is telling me that my case is placed with Non-RIRs. That means I need to wait for at least another 12 months or longer to get the instructions.

Thanks for your inputs.

Originally posted by sunkav
My case too was sent back to state for re-ad, the employer sent the details over to SWA/DOL and they have agreed for the format of the ad, attorney said that the ad would be based on my skillset when I originally filed for LC...do u guys know how long it would take for them to actually go thro this whole process, is there someone who has re-advertised and got their LCs approved?

Re: Labor

Originally posted by av35
My dates

My labor got certified on Oct 15th.(I got this info from the Philly AVM).
But it has'nt reached my attorney yet.

Do you have any idea how long does it take to receive the approval notice?

Thanks

EB2-RIR
Applied in Delaware 11/28/02
Moved to philly 06/29/03
AD 10/15/03

Congratulations! You are the first approval of RIR in nearly two months. I hope this is a sign of breaking ice and soon we'll see more approvals coming. Thanks for the update and good luck!

Possible Dates

Hi
I had a question, my state from Harrisburg got cleared in last week of August.
I wanted to know what is the process after the same.
Does it come to the lawyer, or does it directly get passed on to the federal.
How many days are there between the state approval and transferring the case to federal.
Regards

info from AVM

My case moved from MD SESA and i was able to get the information from the AVM.

RD Oct 16th 2003
EB2-RIR
Case # 0338****
Dot Code : 030.***-***

Still waiting

Pain_GC,

It's very sad that my case is still pending (RD:May 27th2003) and I couldn't get hold of the Philly DOL rep. this time. Hope they would call me back soon with some answers.

Good to know that one RIR case (av35) got approved this month, but it would be nice to see many more to get approved.

--RK

Please update the DOL tracker with the new info

All:

Please update any new info into the DOL tracker spreadsheet, which would help others in this forum.

--RK

Re: Still waiting

I know it is frustrating . Hope soon you get you labor approved.

Originally posted by RKIndiaCBE
Pain_GC,

It's very sad that my case is still pending (RD:May 27th2003) and I couldn't get hold of the Philly DOL rep. this time. Hope they would call me back soon with some answers.

Good to know that one RIR case (av35) got approved this month, but it would be nice to see many more to get approved.

--RK

LC - DE/Phily DOL

jerryseinfield,

FYI, my RIR LC appln originally filed in DE on 07/20/02 and recd at Regional DOL on 10/04/02 was returned to DE SESA for readvertisement in Philadelphia Inquirer. We posted the ad on a Sunday and did not get qualified resumes. The attorney wrote to SESA with the results sometime in June 2003.

The file after the above process was sent by DE SESA and Regional DOL received it on 7/18/03. On 10/15/03, DOL has certified the case.

Hope your turn'll come soon......

Good luck!!

Re: To Sunkav

Originally posted by lcvirginia2002
Hi,

Can you tell me which SWA is your case filed with? Is it Virginia or Pennsylvania?

My case was issued a notice to re-advertise. But my employer hasn't got the instruction to do the ad. Because VA SWA is telling me that my case is placed with Non-RIRs. That means I need to wait for at least another 12 months or longer to get the instructions.

Thanks for your inputs.

To lcvirginia2002

Labor filed in virginia, when I spoke with the attorney , she said that they have received info on the ad to be placed and also that SWA has approved the ad that the attorney has produced. The ad has to have the exact skill sets that were part of the original petition. She aslo said that they would then fill out a recruitment report after the interviews are over and send it to SWA. If you are in non-rir do u still need to do ad's?

Re: LC - DE/Phily DOL

Originally posted by mirium99
jerryseinfield,

FYI, my RIR LC appln originally filed in DE on 07/20/02 and recd at Regional DOL on 10/04/02 was returned to DE SESA for readvertisement in Philadelphia Inquirer. We posted the ad on a Sunday and did not get qualified resumes. The attorney wrote to SESA with the results sometime in June 2003.

The file after the above process was sent by DE SESA and Regional DOL received it on 7/18/03. On 10/15/03, DOL has certified the case.

Good luck!!

Thanks for the info mirium99, hope my case works out in the same speed...

Re: Re: Labor

Originally posted by PhillyJulyLC
Congratulations! You are the first approval of RIR in nearly two months. I hope this is a sign of breaking ice and soon we'll see more approvals coming. Thanks for the update and good luck!

Do you mind telling us which dot code was it?
Mine is received on 26th june with dot code of 030.162-014/EB3 still having received message by AVM.
SHSB

Pease update this tracker (excell spreadsheet)

All:

Please update this attached tracker (DOL.xls). I have tried to enter couple of entries and update some by going through this forum few days back, since the last update. I am sure that there are many more entires to be added and updated.

Keeping this excell sheet up todate with many entires as possible will help everyone in this chat forum to have an rough idea about what's happening.

Just updating with plain text as a message wouldn't help in long run, because one wouldn't go back and see all the message details. Having the information consolidated will be more helpful.

I hope everyone here agrees with me and do thier part ASAP.

Thanks,
RK

Re: LC - DE/Phily DOL

mirium99,

Thank you for sharing your information. My case wasn't a re-advertise issue, mine was more complicated, I guess even the certifying officer himself don't know how to deal with it.

To make long story short, mine was a prevailing wage problem. My employer couldn't raise my salary to the point where the DOL required. But my attorney and my employer wrote a very good and convincing letter to them. Now Phily DOL changed my DOT code from 030*** to 109***. Seems they agree with our rebuttal, otherwise they could reject me as soon as they received the rebuttal. Does my case still have chance to be certified? It is so frustrating...

JS

Originally posted by mirium99
jerryseinfield,

Good luck!!

Re: Re: To Sunkav

Hi, Sunkav,

Thank you for the reply.

My case is filed under RIR in VA. It got approved in VA and then forwarded to Philly DOL. First, the DOL issued a NOF for salary. My attorney replied. After Philly DOL got the reply, they issued a notice asking VA SWA to instruct my employer to do one more advertisement.

So my attorney called VA SWA. They said that any case got sent back from Philly DOL to do one more ad is placed with Non-RIR proessing queue. But my RIR is not denied. Philly DOL is just asking for one more ad!! So now, VA SWA is NOT going to send my employer the instruction to do the ad. I have to wait until they start to process NON-RIR cases with my Priority date, which is estimated to be another 15 months. (they are processing May 2001 cases for NON-RIRs now).

I am SO frustrated! Why they are not sending instruction to my employer now? I don't know what to do...

Sunkav, when Philly DOL sent back your case to VA SWA, did it say "remanded to state?" Did your attorney call SWA to get the instruction to do the ad?

Greatly appreciate your comments!

Originally posted by sunkav
To lcvirginia2002

Labor filed in virginia, when I spoke with the attorney , she said that they have received info on the ad to be placed and also that SWA has approved the ad that the attorney has produced. The ad has to have the exact skill sets that were part of the original petition. She aslo said that they would then fill out a recruitment report after the interviews are over and send it to SWA. If you are in non-rir do u still need to do ad's?

info ?

Hello Guys,

My case was transferred to philly dol from MD SWA.

Case: EB2 RIR
DOL receipt date: Sept 19, 2003
Case #: 0339****

Can someone please update my info in the excel tracker ?

thanks!

Bright, I noticed that you said your case# was: 0338**** .. Are you sure about this ? Mine is of higher sequence and with an earlier receipt date.

You might want to check again. If it's right, then I don't know how the case#'s are being alloted ?

Any ideas guys ?

lcvirginia2002 ....

I believe in most cases where one followed the accepted norms of recruitment (at least one print ad substansiated by other forms of adv./recruiting as explain in DOL web site) DOL may not just remand back to SESA as non-RIR. If you have followed the minimum accpted ad./recuruitment process, I think your attorney should take this to DOL officers! I could be wrong but they can not just arbitrarily put you in non-RIR queue esp. in Phily DOL where as others are given a fair chace!

Do you know your print and other advertisement pattern?

Just a thought!

Re: Re: Re: To Sunkav

Hi lcvirginia2002...
my case is slightly different, when the employer put the ADs they had specified Bachelors with 5 years of relevant experience, though I had 5 years of experience at the time of filing, 1yr was with the same employer which Phily excluded ...they are now placing a similar Ad with 4 years of experience to retain RIR status...but my atty said that they have received instructions and also that SWA has approved the format of the ad...shall verify and let you know...

Sunkav

Originally posted by lcvirginia2002
Hi, Sunkav,

Thank you for the reply.

My case is filed under RIR in VA. It got approved in VA and then forwarded to Philly DOL. First, the DOL issued a NOF for salary. My attorney replied. After Philly DOL got the reply, they issued a notice asking VA SWA to instruct my employer to do one more advertisement.

So my attorney called VA SWA. They said that any case got sent back from Philly DOL to do one more ad is placed with Non-RIR proessing queue. But my RIR is not denied. Philly DOL is just asking for one more ad!! So now, VA SWA is NOT going to send my employer the instruction to do the ad. I have to wait until they start to process NON-RIR cases with my Priority date, which is estimated to be another 15 months. (they are processing May 2001 cases for NON-RIRs now).

I am SO frustrated! Why they are not sending instruction to my employer now? I don't know what to do...

Sunkav, when Philly DOL sent back your case to VA SWA, did it say "remanded to state?" Did your attorney call SWA to get the instruction to do the ad?

Greatly appreciate your comments!

To PradK and Sunkav

Hi,

My attorney did the print ad for 3 months as VA SWA required. Attorneys are the worst kind in the world. They told me to just to wait!

Thank you guys for sharing your situation. If anybody out there has the same situation as mine, please step forward.

I don't know how to fight this long process...

Status
Not open for further replies.