Philadelphia PA - N-400 Timeline

Interview for Philadelphia

I am from Delaware but my case was transfered to Philadelphia to Interview for Naturalization. Is this normal or was there a mistake somewhere? Has any body from Delaware seem this issue before? Any suggestion is welcome:confused:

Heantune,

thanks for the feedback. I had read that during some oath ceremonies, SSA and passport office reps were available after the ceremony to allow people to update and apply for ppt.,, etc.... So I was wondering if the was so at the Callowhill St office. I guess the answer is NO!!

If you mean at Callowhill St office then no, procedure is as follows:

Passport app at post office or at the Passport Agency on Chesnut St if traveling in < 14 days (or if they are still doing a pilot program to allow new citizens to apply there).

Soc Sec update at a Soc Sec office, you can find these on their web site.

You may or may not get the yellow letter. Yellow letters are usually sent after an IO reviews your file. It asks certain documents to be brought depending on the case type. It may ask to bring the photo issued ID or driver's license only (regular case) or more documentation (complicated cases). Also some people don't get the yellow letter at all.

I and my wife received the interview letter and check list. Both have the same date & time.

Whether we will get any "yellow letter"?

Here are my details.

N400 DO -- Philladelphia

07/02/2009 : Priority Date
07/06/2009 : Notice Date
07/13/2009 : NOA Received
07/18/2009 : FingerPrint Notice Date
07/25/2009 : FingerPrint Done - Walk In.
08/05/2009 : FingerPrint Scheduled Date
08/31/2009 : Interview Letter recd
10/26/2009 : Interview Date
XX/XX/2009 : Oath Letter

May be you and your wife have applied at the same time and in same envelope. They probably thought that you both can go for the interview same time and avoid multiple trips... :):)
Though the interviews are setup for the same time, you will be interviewed by different interview officers.

Why the Interview Time is same for me & wife ?

Here are my details.

N400 DO -- Philladelphia

07/02/2009 : Priority Date
07/06/2009 : Notice Date
07/13/2009 : NOA Received
07/18/2009 : FingerPrint Notice Date
07/25/2009 : FingerPrint Done - Walk In.
08/05/2009 : FingerPrint Scheduled Date
08/31/2009 : Interview Letter recd
10/26/2009 : Interview Date

Philadelphia, 1600 Callowhill Way

Hi,

What is the best way to get to this office from Harrisburg area?
For those of you who are already done with interview at this office, could you please advise if driving to this location is okay? And if there is parking place? Or is it good to take amtrak and then public transportation after I reach Philadelphia (30th St. Station)?
I am supposed to be there at 9:20. Just don't know how bad is the traffic/one-ways and parking availibilty.
thanks a lot!

Hi,

What is the best way to get to this office from Harrisburg area?
For those of you who are already done with interview at this office, could you please advise if driving to this location is okay? And if there is parking place? Or is it good to take amtrak and then public transportation after I reach Philadelphia (30th St. Station)?
I am supposed to be there at 9:20. Just don't know how bad is the traffic/one-ways and parking availibilty.
thanks a lot!

From Harrisburg, I believe you'll come via the PA turnpike. Driving there is fine (I live near by and I even had my interview there yesterday). There is usually plenty of party within a 2 to 3 block radius.

If your interview is at 9:20, make sure you get there around 8:30 to find street parking (you'll need lots of quaters since max is 2 hours on the meter).

Like I said my interview was at 10:20 AM. Even though i live 5 minutes from there, I managed to get there around 9:45 only to find a long line. It was around 10:35 when I got in the building.

Luckily, for interviews on the 3rd floor, there is no checking in. You just get there and sit and wait for your name to be called. If you're not present, they try again later. I was fortunate that I was called at 10:40 and my interview lasted 10 minutes.

So, here where you can park:
1) 22nd & The parkway. Parking there is up to 12 hours and cheaper (1 dollar per hour)
2) At 16th and Callowhill (right where the building is), you can usually find a spot on the street there if you get there early and drive around.
3) Anywhere on Spring Garden, between 16th and 18th Street. There are parking meters.

There is also a community college on 18th and Callowhill with a paying parking garage.

Good luck.

Thanks much!

Thanks much for the detailed information, bmom! Very kind of you.

Is the parking place on 22nd and The Park, a garage or metered parking?
thanks.

Hi,
I have a question about name change and oath ceremony at Philadelphia. My husband and I, we applied in May 2009 and had our interview on Aug 24 2009 at 1600 Callow Hill, Philadelphia.
Since we had opted for name change, the officer gave us a form to sign with our new names and said that we would be receiving the letter for oath. The office who interviewed my husband said that the oath for him would be on Oct 26 2009 and would receive the letter by mail. It's been more than 3 weeks and we haven't received any letter for the oath ceremony.
My question is would name change delay the oath ceremony in Philadelphia? Is there a way to contact anybody at the Philadelphia center to get an update of whether the ceremony date has be scheduled for us.

Thanks.

completed Oath today

Today was the big and final day. Ceremony was at 1600 Callowhill St. Apparently 3 different ceremonies were set for today. 11 am was my oath ceremony time. Took ~ 45 minutes to clear security and get to the 4th floor, so I was in the room ~ 11:30. People were asked to be seated until called. Everyone's name was called, oath letter and greencard were reviewed and collected by one lady. People were asked to go and verify the certificate for correctness, sign it and then return the certificate. Were given a booklet and a small flag, then return back you one's seat.

~ 11:50 am: everyone (~76 people in total) had been called. We were told that traditionally the ceremony is to begin at 12 noon, but since we had finish earlier, the group had a choice of waiting until noon or they can call downstairs so we can begin earlier. There was a resounding call to begin... A couple of ladies had to use the ladies room, so by the time they returned it was just minutes to 12 noon.

12 noon: A supervisor presided over the ceremony. Asked to stand for the playing of the National Anthem. About 2 minutes of opening remarks. People were asked to stand and remain standing when and if your country was called. Asked to raise hand and then repeat the oath. Played a video message from Pres. Obama followed by a song about country of the free or something to that aspect.

12:15 pm: Everyone's name were called and asked to collect a white package that included certificate of naturalization and then asked to return to our seats until everyone's name had been called. The supervisor was the person who handed out the package

12:30 pm: Congratulations... you are all American citizens... that ends the ceremony

That was all... everyone then bolted for the elevators.

Some logistics: Got there ~ 11:50 am. Max. 2 hrs metered parking allowed on Callowhill St. When I got back to my car I still had 21 mins remaining on my parking meter.

Last edited by a moderator:
D/O : Philadelphia, PA
07/23/09 : N-400 Mailed to Lewisville Lockbox, sent money order not check.
07/24/09 : Delivered, usps delivery confirmed
08/08/09 : FP Notice received
08/25/09 : FP Appointment date
08/12/09 : FP completed (walk in) (ASC, Phila, PA)
09/17/09 : Online case status change:-Current Status: This case has been sent for a standard interview.
09/19/09 : Interview letter received
11/13/09 : Interview date
12/16/09 : Oath Date

Last edited by a moderator:
Update

N400 DO -- Philladelphia

07/28/2009 : Priority Date
07/29/2009 : Notice Date
08/03/2009 : NOA Received
08/07/2009 : FP Notice Date
08/11/2009 : FP Notice Received
08/15/2009 : FP Done (Schduled 08/28/2009)
09/19/2009 : Interview Letter recd
11/13/2009 : Interview Date