08/10/2009 : FP Notice Received
08/26/2009 : FP Scheduled Date
XX/XX/2009 : FP Done
XX/XX/2009 : Interview Letter recd
XX/XX/2009 : Interview Date
XX/XX/2009 : Oath Letter

Interview Experience

Interview experience on 08/11/09 at Philadelphia office

My interview was for 8:20 AM (I arrived ~8:05 into a line that was about 20 min long). Reached the 2nd floor @ ~ 8:25 am. Handed my appt letter into the receptionist. I was asked to wait to be called. Only 3 people, including me, were waiting. People started to creep in slowly. afterwards. After about 20 - 25 minutes I was called by a nice officer at around 8:50 am. I was out of the building and back into my car by 9:00 am

I accompanied the officier into her office. Was asked to swear to tell the truth prior to sitting down. She went through the N400 form to verify the information. Asked me to sign (normal signature) the forms in 2 place as well as sign my pictures on the side. She made a comment to something like.... "this is our assurance".. we both giggled.

Printed out the test papers and asked me the civics questions:

1) When do we celebrate Independence Day?
2) War between the North and the South?
3) Responsibilty of the President's Cabinet.
4) If President and VP not able to govern who is next in line.
5) What does the constitution do
6) How long is the Senate elected for
7) name a branch of the government
8) What did the declaration of independence do.

Asked me to read something about Columbus Day.... the asked me to write: "Columbus Day is in October""

She told me that I passed exams with flying colours and for that I get a beautiful stamp. I asked if it was a "gold star".... she laugh and said unforunately not this time. She stamp some form and handed me form N-652 (with A) CONGRATULATIONS..... checked) . She then told me that I should expect a letter for the Oath Ceremony. I ask how long before receiving the letter, she noted that I should complete the actual Oath ceremony within the next 3 weeks at the same site (upstairs).

That was all.

Hi,

Can I walk-in at any fingerprinting office? My appointment is on August 26th at the Drummond Road office and wondering if i can just wlak in earlier or do I need to call them?

Hello Medpharm13,
Your experience was short and sweet - Congratulations, I have a scheduled dated for next monday, so can I know the answer for the above question?

Did they ask you to choose from the options or it was Q & A straight?
Did they ask you any employement based questions?

Please let me know

VM

War between North and South: Civil War...

Just review the 100 questions that are listed in the booklet that was provided to you during your fingerprinting

You are asked questions and you are to supply the appropriate answer.

No.. there was no employment base questions... only question was during the review and verfication of my N-400 form application... the question was where do I currently work... and do I owe an back taxes...

Good luck... it is a straight foreward process.... you need not worry about it. As i stated, I lasted ~ 10 mins with the officer.

Hello Medpharm13,
Your experience was short and sweet - Congratulations, I have a scheduled dated for next monday, so can I know the answer for the above question?

Did they ask you to choose from the options or it was Q & A straight?
Did they ask you any employement based questions?

Please let me know

VM

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all - Here are my updated details

04/20/2009 - N400 app sent
04/23/2009 - PD
05/13/2009 - FP Notice received
06/03/2009 - FP Done
06/23/2009 - IL Received
08/12/2009 - IL Done

You can reach the 1600 Callowhill office by SEPTA easily. Just get off the Suburban Station and walk 0.5 mi (15 min walk) straight on 16th to reach 1600 Callowhill. If you are driving, use google to get the directions and there is a parking lot right next to the 1600 Callowhill. Daily parking rate is $9.00. I used Septa as I did not want to get stuck in Philly traffic.

Anyway, I reached the office exactly at 9:00 am for my 9:20 appointment. I was asked for my Interview letter and an ID by the security guard. After that, there was airport like security check up. Took the elevator to the 2nd floor and gave my interview letter to the receptionist. I was called in at 9:35 am by an officer who was really nice.

Before asking me to be seated, he asked me to swear to tell the truth.

He asked me all the questions from my form which I answered in one or two words each. (Mostly, yes/no questions, address, phone number, kids, employer name, etc. etc)

Since I had a traffic ticket (which I mentioned on my N400), he asked me if I had been in trouble with police other than the traffic ticket.

For the english test, he asked my to read a sentence from a sheet. Next, he asked me to write a sentence. If you have read this post so far, then trust me, you will pass the simple english test easily.

For the history/civics test, he asked me following questions:
1. Name one state that borders Canada - NY
2. When was constitution written - 1787
3. How many senators are there - 100
4. Which ocean is on the east coast - Atlantic
5. When all must register for the Selective Service - between the ages of 18 and 26
6. Name one problem that led to the civil war - Slavery

He wrote all the answers on the question sheet and told me that I passed the test.

Next, he stamped few papers and asked me to sign on two photographs and gave me a photocopied paper with a tick mark against a check box saying "Congratulations, your application has been recommended for approval". He told me that I should get an oath letter in few weeks.

Thanks all who shared their information.

Good luck to all

Fellow filers and experts,
How long is the average time after FP unitl I receive the IL?
thanks!

Wait time is very random. I have seen some receive IL as early as 5 days after FP, and others had to wait for months. Lots of variables affect scheduling for interview, such as name and background checks etc....

I had my FP on 7/10 and haven't received the IL, I did receive the Yellow letter last week.
Another friend had her FP on the same day and received the IL on 7/26.

I had my FP on 7/10 and haven't received the IL, I did receive the Yellow letter last week.
Another friend had her FP on the same day and received the IL on 7/26.

I have a wild thought. Could it be that your file is till with Philadelphia DO
for your first application. You filed your second application and NBC
found your A-file has not returned from Phildephia so they have to
withhold your interview because they need to get your A file prepared
to be sent to Philadelphia first. But since your A file has not come back
from Philadelphia so they cannot send your A file to Philadelphia so they
can not schedule your interview.

Rescheduled Interview letter came

Rescheduled interview is on 10/07/2009 at Philadelphia DO, barely within three month of original interview which is canceled on June 15.

any one from DE waiting for oath

it has been more than 2 monts since i have waiting for oath. icall 2nd level of support but the told me that i am not yet schedule for oath.

Oath Letter received

Hi all - I received my oath letter today...Here are my updated details

04/20/2009 - N400 app sent
04/23/2009 - PD
05/13/2009 - FP Notice received
06/03/2009 - FP Done
06/23/2009 - IL Received
08/12/2009 - Interview Done
08/22/2009 - OL received
09/18/2009 - Oath Date