Philadelphia PA - N-400 Timeline

Oath Day in Philly DO

Does any one know when does Philly DO have Oaths? Are they only on specific days?

Thanks,
Akapoor

Thank you for the information. I will try my luck this afternoon.

At the same time, also mailing out my wom civil lawsuit to the district court this afternoon;) Really start to giving up hope of things moving by themselves with fbi and uscis.

It depends on who you talk to. The rep who picks up the phone initially has the same level of access to information as we do, in that sense the info online is "up-to-date"; however, if you can convince him/her to transfer you to an IO, you may receive some real updates.

The online status system is a joke. The entry is not created automatically when the cases are received but rather created manually (and thus often showing the wrong priority dates), nor is it always updated when actions have been taken on a case, as many applicants still find their case status showing "pending" long after they have become citizens.

Akapoor,

according to my findings i believe the Philly DO only has oaths on Wednesday mornings. 2 sessions to be exact. There might be a 3rd but i'm not exactly sure. But 2 for sure, every wednesday.

Thanks for letting me know the Oath dates. Btw, I did not my IL in the post today. :(

Hopefully I shd get it by trrow.

Thanks,
Akapoor

Called USCIS yesterday and asked to speak to an IO to check the "real" status. The customer service representative refused and said long processing delay is not a valid reason to connect to IO!$#!%@

Anyway, giving up on these people. Just mailed out my lawsuit papers to the local district office. Hopefully, this will have some effect.

Has anyone in Philadelphia area filed wom suit before? How does it go?

Thanks.

I did at first. and she just said it's pending and she noticed that I have inquired about the status about 2 months ago and they replied already. Maybe it's just the person I talked to. trying multiple times may get me through. But as I said, I've had it with them and do think the law suit is the only way left now.

This is not the correct way, but try with giving wrong receipt number, so that at least they will connect you to IO. I am sorry to give u suggestion which is incorrect, but I do understand your frustration. Try calling them in the afternoon, I think they are less busy around that time....

Good luck.

I did at first. and she just said it's pending and she noticed that I have inquired about the status about 2 months ago and they replied already. Maybe it's just the person I talked to. trying multiple times may get me through. But as I said, I've had it with them and do think the law suit is the only way left now.

IL recieved

Hi All,

I recieved by IL and as mentioned by IO it is on July 23rd at 10:40 am.
I shd start collecting documents now.

thanks,
Akapoor

I attended citizenship oath ceremony in Philly on 05/07 at 11:00 AM..There were about 70 people that got naturalized in the same ceremony..Total process took around hour and half. Also registered for vote in the same place..I was out of the place by 12:30..From start to end it took almost 11 and half months..Need to apply for my passport and then PIO/OCI card.

N-400 applied 05/27/07
FP recd 06/05/07
IL recd 02/10/08
Interview date 02/15/08
Oath letter (recd thru fax): 05/06/08
Oath ceremony: 05/07/08

thanks. But I hope my interview won't get cancelled like others. I am stuggling to find out a way to find the ticket document and receipt of my payment.

Thanks,
Akapoor

Philadelphia Oath at Court (name change)

Hello, I had my interview in Philly Callowhill on March 12th and still waiting for oath ceremony letter. I have a name change and hence it will be in the District Court in Philly, its been more than 2 months since and I am starting to get worried.

Anyone in the same boat?

Thanks

Hello, I had my interview in Philly Callowhill on March 12th and still waiting for oath ceremony letter. I have a name change and hence it will be in the District Court in Philly, its been more than 2 months since and I am starting to get worried.

Anyone in the same boat?

Thanks

USCIS has up to 120 days after interview to send you oath letter ..don't worry you'll get it soon.

I just found out that there is an oath at the Univ. of Delaware, Newark on June 5th. So those that are waiting for an oath letter hopefully you will be receiving it sometime this week. I also hope my dad gets his letter as everyone is getting impatient. I know of one person that already got there letter on tuesday, maybe because of the holiday some people's mail got tied up and should be receiving it today or tomorrow.

Any update for Philly DO?

Hello All,

There seems to be no update at all from anyone in Philly DO. Please share any news if some one has recieved any IL or anything.
thanks,
akapoor

Applied for N-400 - July 10st
application received by VT office 7/18/07
Fingerprinted - 09/20/07
Int. appt - 4/29/08
Oath date - ??????

This is for Philadelphia office

Thanks for replying. Can you please share your interview experience, including docs they asked etc? Also, cld u not request for Oath date?

Thanks,
akapoor