Philadelphia PA - N-400 Timeline

I have had my IL for a week now, but my wife still didn't get hers.
I am also thinking about calling the 1-800 number next week to check if they have sent her one. Would the 1-800 number people even know????

I am guessing it is April 4th because of three things: 1) At my interview on Jan 12, my IL said that my interview would be sometime in April when USCIS was scheduling a large ceremony where thousands of people will be naturalized at the same time; 2) In the past USCIS has had these large naturalization ceremonies at the Pennsylvania Convention Center in Philadelphia; 3) If you go to the ConventionCenter's website and look at their schedule of events, they have an event on April 4 reserved by USCIS. See it here: https://www.paconvention.com/iebms/coe/coe_p1_all.aspx?mode=DATE&cc=CALEVTS&oc=10

So putting two and two together, there is a good chance that there will be a large naturalization ceremony on April 4. Of course, nothing is guaranteed, but I think it is a safe bet.

Okay thank you for the information.

Hello all,

Just wanted to share my timeline and a few more details. I applied for naturalization based on 3 year marriage rule to a US citizen. I applied 2 months before my 3 years stay. During the interview, after doing the oath, I was first asked to present my passport, green card and driver's license. I wanted to make correction to my name since I put initials instead of the full name. She told me she would take care of it. I was asked for documents that indicated that myself and my spouse lived in the same address. I gave in an auto-insurance, health insurance and shared bank account details that has both our names. In addition, since my spouse was previously married, she wanted to see the orginal divorce decree. She had also requested to see the orginal marriage certificate. She viewed all the documents carefully. Finally she gave me a computer generated 10 civics questions which I had to answer in writing. She then marked the questions. I needed to get 6 correct answers out of the 10 to pass. Finally she congragulated me and told me that she would recommend my application for approval. And then I asked her how often does philly have oath ceremonies and she told me there was one in april and the next one would be in june. In any case, she told me to wait for the letter. Overall, it went smooth.

Here is my time:
PD: 09/28/2006
FP: 10/20/2006
IL: 12/28/2006
Int: 02/28/2007

Last edited by a moderator:
Pd: 12/5/06
Fp: 01/05/07
IL: Waiting

bheem2007, welcome and please keep us posted on your case. It is especially of interest to me because your FP was done exactly a month after mine. According to the timelines posted here you should be getting your IL in the next couple of weeks (and I sure hope you do). If I haven't received my IL by then it will confirm for me that my case is stuck in name check or something (otherwise it is hard to judge if there is a backlog at the Philly DO for interview scheduling).

Thanks,
-KM

Hi Everyone!

Today March 8th , I had my interview in the morning. I was taken to the office by the IO 20 minutes before my interview time! There she asked me to swear to tell the truth bla bla bla ect.. ect...

She went through my N400 and asked the usual questions. Then she asked about Name change, in which I asked her when the ceremony for name changes was scheduled for and she looked at her schedule and said "May 24th" . I asked when the oath would be if I didn't get my name changed and she said April 4th. I told her I wouldn't change my name and we carried on with the civil test.

The test was 10 written questions. Once completed I handed her the sheet and she congratulated me and said I had passed.

She then grabbed a blue sheet and put 2 stickers on it.

*****The blue sheet is what's being given to the people having their interview done in philly now*****

That sheet is THE OATH LETTER for the April 4th Ceremony.
I asked her if this was philly's new procedure of giving out oath sheets and she said "No, this is a special ceremony and we're trying to get 2,400 people there, so instead of mailing them now, we are giving you the oath letter right now, today."

So yep, that's the news! No more waiting in the mail ! WOOO HOO!

Oath on April 4th! Good luck with everyone out there!

I my interview today in Philly, was in and out in 50 min. I will also be at the April 4th oath ceremony. Still no IL for my wife, though.

I my interview today in Philly, was in and out in 50 min. I will also be at the April 4th oath ceremony. Still no IL for my wife, though.

Congrats once again drjochen ! Have you been able to determine one way or the other if your wife is stuck in name check ?

KM

Congrats once again drjochen ! Have you been able to determine one way or the other if your wife is stuck in name check ?

KM

No, I asked the officier and he couldn't help at all. He thought we are still well within the normal processing times and should not worry. We know nothing.

WHy my case is so delayed? I am really worried.

Hi, I am new here, but I followed the posts for a while. Here is my situation. I am in Newark, Delaware.

Priority date: 5/25/06, N-400 filed
Fingerprint: 6/10/06

After fingerprint, I haven't received an interview letter or any updates. Based on the post here, most likely, I am stuck on name check. So I called 1-800 number several times. They don't know anything about my case except my case is still in Vermont Center. I visited Philadelphia local office on Feb. 23, and was told my case is in Vermont center and didn't know why case is late. They can do nothing until the case is sent to their office. I was desperate. So I wrote a letter to Vermont center on Feb. 23, demanding for update. Last Thursday (3/08), I received a letter dated March 2 from Vermont Center, saying my case is in interview scheduling queue, and my local office will send me interview letter once they have a slot open. So I went to Philadelphia office again last Friday (3/09), but was told again that my case is still in Vermont, and they cannot do anything. Here is my question:

1. Is my case really in scheduling queue? Is my case really on the way to Philadelphia?

2. Why my case is so delayed? Do I have name check problem?

3. I really hope I can get my interview done this month, and oath done on April 4 ceremony. I have to travel internationally. If I get my oath done on April 4, is it possible to get my passport in less a week?

Please let me know your thoughts based on your knowledge. I really appreciate your help.

Kent

Hi Everyone!

Today March 8th , I had my interview in the morning. I was taken to the office by the IO 20 minutes before my interview time! There she asked me to swear to tell the truth bla bla bla ect.. ect...

She went through my N400 and asked the usual questions. Then she asked about Name change, in which I asked her when the ceremony for name changes was scheduled for and she looked at her schedule and said "May 24th" . I asked when the oath would be if I didn't get my name changed and she said April 4th. I told her I wouldn't change my name and we carried on with the civil test.

The test was 10 written questions. Once completed I handed her the sheet and she congratulated me and said I had passed.

She then grabbed a blue sheet and put 2 stickers on it.

*****The blue sheet is what's being given to the people having their interview done in philly now*****

That sheet is THE OATH LETTER for the April 4th Ceremony.
I asked her if this was philly's new procedure of giving out oath sheets and she said "No, this is a special ceremony and we're trying to get 2,400 people there, so instead of mailing them now, we are giving you the oath letter right now, today."

So yep, that's the news! No more waiting in the mail ! WOOO HOO!

Oath on April 4th! Good luck with everyone out there!

Congratulations Robotina! It's funny how things work out, eh? Those of us who got our ILs very fast are now still waiting for the Oath Letter whereas you don't have to wait anymore.

My guess is that the Philly DO is going to do a mass mailing of Oath letters (if they haven't done so already) so if anyone has received an Oath Letter in the mail please let us know. Thanks!

Guess what?

I just got my oath letter!!!! :D :D

I get naturalized at the mega-ceremony on April 4th at the Convention Center!:D:D

Application Mailed: 08/05/2006

Priority Date: 08/09/2006

FingerPrint Notice Date: 08/17/2006

Fingerprint Date: 09/08/2006

Interview Letter Notice Date: 11/14/2006

Online Case Status Disappeared: 11/16/2006

Interview Letter mailed from Vermont: 11/17/2006

Interview Letter Received in Philly: 11/20/2006

Interview: 01/12/2007

Oath Letter received: 03/13/2007

Oath scheduled: 04/04/2007

Passport Application Date: ???

Passport Online Status Dissappears: ????

Passport Received: ????

The journey is almost over people...

Guess what?

I just got my oath letter!!!! :D :D

I get naturalized at the mega-ceremony on April 4th at the Convention Center!:D:D

Application Mailed: 08/05/2006

Priority Date: 08/09/2006

FingerPrint Notice Date: 08/17/2006

Fingerprint Date: 09/08/2006

Interview Letter Notice Date: 11/14/2006

Online Case Status Disappeared: 11/16/2006

Interview Letter mailed from Vermont: 11/17/2006

Interview Letter Received in Philly: 11/20/2006

Interview: 01/12/2007

Oath Letter received: 03/13/2007

Oath scheduled: 04/04/2007

Passport Application Date: ???

Passport Online Status Dissappears: ????

Passport Received: ????

The journey is almost over people...

Congraglations Zuleron! I was actually checking on your status coz I am still waiting for my oath letter. I am hoping i would get mine sooner to make it on time for the april 4th ceremony. I guess one more week of waiting or else i will be on the june mega ceremony :(

WOOOOOOO !! Congrats Zuleron ! I'm so glad you got your oath letter ! We'lll be in the same convention center the same day getting naturalized ! HooRay for us !

I'm glad we're almost done with this odyssey!.... Next is the passport, which I'll have to get in 1 day, since I have to apply for a spanish visa to study there!

Good luck everyone who is going through the process. Hang in there!

Best,
Robotina

We should all get together before or after the ceremony in Philly...

I think that's a great idea! I'd definitely be up for it. But there's gonna be over 5000 people there (us new citizens + family and friends) so I think we'd have to meet before. At a coffee shop, perhaps? At least it would be nice to take a photograph. I live near the convention center so I'll scope it out and suggest a spot where we can meet and take a photograph.

WOOOOOOO !! Congrats Zuleron ! I'm so glad you got your oath letter ! We'lll be in the same convention center the same day getting naturalized ! HooRay for us !

I'm glad we're almost done with this odyssey!.... Next is the passport, which I'll have to get in 1 day, since I have to apply for a spanish visa to study there!

Good luck everyone who is going through the process. Hang in there!

Best,
Robotina

How do you plan on getting the passport in 1 day? Coz I've been hearing that even with expedited service it is taking 3 weeks...