Philadelphia PA - N-400 Timeline

Updated: Philadelphia timeline

Went for my second set of fps on July 14 to see if they would let me in and I could avoid waiting until July 27; Philly INS let me in that day as they did not have too many people. FBI returned results to USCIS on July 14 itself. Updated timeline below.

Last edited by a moderator:
Our Philly Timeline

Our philly time line in the signature. My wife's status disappeared today, but mine still exists. I am new user to this board and looks like very few posts from philly area. Please post your dates and statuses to give everyone an idea how things are moving in philly area.
Thanks,
SiRaNi.

My timeline is the signature. Currently, post-FP. Requested name change in N400.

My husband went for his interview on August 29. Totally uneventful: Besides going through the N-400 form, he was handed a printout with 10 questions which he wrote the answers to, then signed the pictures and the N-400 form.

IO confirmed that there is nothing pending and he would be recommended for approval. This is checked on the 652 form.

Oath date? Philly is backlogged, so it is likely to be two months from ID.

Philly oath dates

I had my interview on June 21st (after fingerprinting in late April) but haven't received an oath date yet. Anyone else from June had their oath ceremonies already?

no oath date 3 months after interview

It is now 3 months since my interview date and my oath ceremony hasn't been scheduled yet. Does anyone know if going to an INFOPASS appointment will help or have any other suggestions? thanks!

New in the game

We sent our N-400 on Sep 13 to Vt, they were received Sep14th.
We got already our fingerprint notice for for Dover, DE for October 4th!!! Amazing.

Philly experience

I had my interview on Thursday, Sep 28. It was uneventful, but some things differed from my husband's experience a month ago: I was asked the questions verbally, was given a sentence to read and a sentence to write; my husband had to answer the questions in writing, and that was it for his English test as well.

My receipt notice said that I would require additional documentation; at the time I suspected this was related to traffic violations or marriage, but in the end I did not need to provide any documents:
1. I had two speeding tickets, which I had listed. All the IO wanted to know was wether I had paid them, and he did not request any proof.
2. I am changing my legal name. I asked whether he needed my marriage certificate, he said no. He asked me to sign the pictures with the new name which is my midle name; I was not ready for this one, so he let me practice on a piece of paper.

Because I am changing my name, though, I have to go for a Courthouse Oath Ceremony ... no idea when this will be or where. All the IO told me was: "Certainly before year end, but 6 months max" :( !!!

IO confirmed that there was nothing pending and he would recommend me for approval. This is checked on the 652 form.

How long is it normal to wait for interview letter? Up to 3 months? Or should I get an infopass?

My timeline is as followed

PD 7/14/06
FP 7/27/06
FP sent to Usisc 8/3/06
IL ?????????

I did call the USISC and spoke to a guy who told me that my finger prints had been sent the 3rd of august and that now my case was just waiting for an Interview date. Whats taking them so long to schedule interviews? Anways, it's been close to 9 weeks already from FP. I check my case online everyday and it still hasn't dissapeared.

Anyone here stuck on the same boat as me?

Good luck everyone!!

drjochen said:
The questions being asked -are they pretty much from the list published on their web page?
drjochen,

Yes, the questions are from the list of 96 discussed in this forum.

Our interview experience

My wife and I had our interviews on 29th Sep and 2nd Oct respectively. Both of us were in and out in 10 min. They just went thru the application and reconfirmed the answers. Asked us 10 written questions on US history, and also asked us to write simple sentence in English.

The officer I had was very very nice and told me that everything is complete on my file. She also made a note on my file to make the OATH timings same for both my wife and me. Overall the whole experience is very positive. Now we just need to wait for OATH notices which I am expecting to receive in few weeks.

Reading from other posts on this forum, it looks like they do not schedule interviews until the name check complete. The officer I had, confirmed this during my interview. When she was putting the note to group our applications together for OATH, I asked her if one gets delayed the other will get delayed also. Her response was, there is no reason for any delays as nowadays they only schedule interviews when all the checks are complete.

Philadelphia N400 Timeline -- Oath Ceremony

I would like to thank this forum for the help in information sharing all through these years from green card to Citizenship. Special thanks To Rajiv khanna and his team.

Green card applied September 1999.
Green card Received - 7/31/2001.
N400 Applied 5/8/2006
Notice date 5/15/2006
finger print 6/28/2006
Interview 9/26/2006
Oath notice date 10/4/2006
Oath Notice received date 10/10/2006
Oath ceremony 10/25/2006 Philadelphia

Oath Notice

My wife received her OATH notice yesterday. I am waiting for mine. Signature updated.

Anu,

I think you should get an infopass appointment. When they gave you the 652 form, did it say that it was approved, or that "a decision cannot be made at this time"?

The form said it was approved but I requested a name change, that's probably what is causing the delay. I did go to an INFOPASS appointment but that was useless, the lady just said it is "pending to be scheduled by court" and there is nothing much she can do about it. I have travel coming up in mid-Dec but she said there is nothing she can do about it. I guess people in Philadelphia have to think twice about requesting a name change, I had my interview in mid-June and still don't have an oath date scheduled!

Wow! you and I are exactly on the same boat. Well, that explains it: It's the name change.

I'll keep you posted.