Philadelphia PA - N-400 Timeline

Well... I'm going to my info pass appointment today. Wish me luck everyone, it's a 1 hour and 45 minute drive, so hopefully I'll get a good immigration officer. *crosses fingers*

robotina said:
Well... I'm going to my info pass appointment today. Wish me luck everyone, it's a 1 hour and 45 minute drive, so hopefully I'll get a good immigration officer. *crosses fingers*

Good Luck and let us know how it goes!

Well, I can honestly say today was a BIG waste of time, 400 miles later , tolls and (getting lost on the turnpike too) ... the immigration officer says "Your case is still at Vermont, you should give them 90 more days." CRAAAAAZINESS!!! That's so weird, because about 2 months ago I had called USCIS and they had told me "oh you're case is at the phily office waiting to be scheduled an appointment, and now this lady tells me "you're case has never been at this office"

... Waste of day....

I wish everyone else luck!

My Interview Letter arrived in the mail today! :D It is scheduled for Friday January 12, 2007!

Here is my timeline:

08/05/2006: Application mailed

08/09/2006: Priority Date

08/17/2006: FingerPrint Notice Date

09/08/2006: Fingerprint Date

11/14/2006: Interview Letter Notice Date

11/16/2006: Online Case Status Disappeared

11/17/2006: Interview Letter mailed from Vermont

11/20/2006: Interview Letter received in Philly

01/12/2007: Interview

????: Oath

So it's about 5 months from Application to Interview. Hopefully they have an Oath ceremony in late January... or even better, on Jan 12 in the afternoon...

Successful Interview

Both me and my wife had the citizenship interview yesterday (11/20/2006). My wife was scheduled for 10:20am and mine was at 1:40pm. It only look 10 minutes for the interview. Went very smoothly. First was asked about the N400 and then civic test for which we had to write down the answers. Had to sign the N400 form and the pictures.

Both of us are given a "Congrats...you passed..." form. We were told that the oath letter will be mailed out soon. I was told by the officer that the oath in Philly is scheduled every week.

Application mailed : June 6, 2006
IV date : Nov 20, 2006
Oath : waiting

Congratulations!

Thanks for the info about oath scheduling. Every week sounds very nice... As Borat would say, "I like!"

Last edited by a moderator:
YIPEE!!!!!! :cool:
Update on my timeline...

:)
My case status disappeared on November 16, 2006 and I recieved my Interview Letter(IL) today!!

My revised timeline:

N-400 App sent: July 19, 2006
App Recieved: July 21, 2006
Priority Date(PD): July 21, 2006
Fingerprint Appt(FP).: Aug 22, 2006
Case Status Disappeared: Nov 16, 2006
Interview Letter Recieved(IL): Nov 21, 2006
Interview Date (IL): Jan 4, 2007
Oath Letter: ??
Oath Taken: ??
Passport Application: ??
Passport Recieved: ??

Good luck to all!

Zuleron. When were you put in for Interview queue? Also, some

are suggesting after May'06 USCIS sends interview letter, after name check gets cleared? From yours & others look like

-Either it's not true
-Or Most likely-Name check is getting done faster(about 3 months)
As oath are not getting much delayed after interview. USCIS will definately not arrange oath until name check is cleared.

I called FBI & they said that 3.9 million name checks are currently in pending & that can take up to 4 years- 1to2 years average, which doesn't sound true nore make sense.

aasheetk said:
are suggesting after May'06 USCIS sends interview letter, after name check gets cleared? From yours & others look like

-Either it's not true
-Or Most likely-Name check is getting done faster(about 3 months)
As oath are not getting much delayed after interview. USCIS will definately not arrange oath until name check is cleared.

I called FBI & they said that 3.9 million name checks are currently in pending & that can take up to 4 years- 1to2 years average, which doesn't sound true nore make sense.

I'm not sure when they put me in the interview queue but I assume it was on or around Nov 16 -- that's the time they sent out my IL.

As for the speed of the name check, I am not sure whether or not my name check has cleared. That is one fear that I still have; that I will pass the interview and then be told my name check is still pending. I am comforted, however, by the fact that I come from a low immigration country and have a very uncommon name, so I imagine it would be fairly easy to check and clear it. That is my hope at least.

BTW: is there a way to find out if your name check has cleared?

Received Oath Letter

I received my OATH letter dated December 4, 2006 on December 8.2006. The oath is scheduled for Jan. 3, 2007 at the Callowhill location. I had my interview on Nov. 20, 2006. So, it took 2 weeks for them to process the oath letter and to schedule within a month from the date it processed. Pretty good timing for Philly.

sokku said:
I received my OATH letter dated December 4, 2006 on December 8.2006. The oath is scheduled for Jan. 3, 2007 at the Callowhill location. I had my interview on Nov. 20, 2006. So, it took 2 weeks for them to process the oath letter and to schedule within a month from the date it processed. Pretty good timing for Philly.

Did you, by any chance, ask what the Oath schedule is for Philly in the coming months?

If anyone has an interview in Philly could you please ask about the oath schedule for the 1st quarter of 2007? I will do the same when I have my interview in Jan 2007. Thanks.

Oath in Philly

I asked the officer during my interview and she mentioned it is scheduled every week.

Oath Ceremony

My wife had her Oath ceremony yesterday at the Callowhill office 4th floor. She was done in 2 hours. About 40 people took oath. Mine is also scheduled at the same place on Jan. 3rd. I think Philly is moving quickly to wrap up the oath in small groups without waiting for big crowd.

I also wonder how long it will take for an Oath ceremony once my Jan 4, 2007 Interview date is done. I am very excited that the date is approaching.

Question for you folks..

The CD and booklet we recieved when fingerprinting was done...is that all that we need to read for the Citizenship exam? Sorry wasnt too sure and searching for the answer amongst thousands seemed intimidating.

There are questions and then the short answers and then the detailed long answers..do we have to memorize the only the short answers or the long ones too? And what is in that CD? Thanks

desidoc73 said:
I also wonder how long it will take for an Oath ceremony once my Jan 4, 2007 Interview date is done. I am very excited that the date is approaching.

Question for you folks..

The CD and booklet we recieved when fingerprinting was done...is that all that we need to read for the Citizenship exam? Sorry wasnt too sure and searching for the answer amongst thousands seemed intimidating.

There are questions and then the short answers and then the detailed long answers..do we have to memorize the only the short answers or the long ones too? And what is in that CD? Thanks

Only the short answers. All the questions come from the book that is provided. Oath is usually scheduled within 4 to 6 weeks after the interview is over.

desidoc73 said:

Question for you folks..

What book? What CD? We got absolutely nothing when we were fingerprinted...

Oath Done

I am done with my Oath on Jan. 3, 2007 and my citizenship process is now completed. The oath ceremony was held at 1600 Callowhill location. It lasted for about 1 hr 30 min. It was smooth and had no issues. The staff there were friendly. It took about 6 months from start to finish. :)

Zuleron- please don't forget to ask when they will be scheduling the oaths for the philly area. I finally received my interview notice today (YAY!) and I'm really excited that i'm getting closer to wrapping this up, i'm just curious as to if they are doing the 4 oaths/year thing, or they are doing more. Thanks!

Also, what questions should one study? the new pilot test, or what? I'm confussed for that.