Philadelphia PA - N-400 Timeline

Can I use Middle Inital instead of Full Middle Name printed in the Nat.Certificate? Since my SS Card and Drivers license have only Middle Inital right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
We received the Oath letter on today.

Here are my details.

N400 DO -- Philladelphia

07/02/2009 : Priority Date
07/06/2009 : Notice Date
07/13/2009 : NOA Received
07/18/2009 : FingerPrint Notice Date
07/25/2009 : FingerPrint Done - Walk In.
08/05/2009 : FingerPrint Scheduled Date
08/31/2009 : Interview Letter recd
10/26/2009 : Interview Date
11/02/2009 : Oath Letter recd
11/10/2009 : Oath Date

phillydude411: Can't you just walk in on Nov 10th and have your oath taken?

What other steps and clearances USCIS needs to get, before they officially give you a naturalization certificate? I thought when you pass your N400 interview, you are good to go. Correct me please, if I'm wrong.

Please reply me

Did you ever knew why it took 5 months until you finally got your Oath Letter?

I finally got my US passport this week. So here's my updated dates.

April 2008 - Applied US Citizen
May 2008 - Finger Prints Scan
Oct 2008 - Interview Passed
March 2009 - Oath
April 2009 - Passport Received

Good Luck everybody!

delaware oath philli office

have been waiting for oath for more than 4.5 months and did not get any response after being approved all the response i get is you have been approved waiting for the date to available?

Phillydude411,
My interview date was 10/13/2009, I received my Oath letter on 11/05/2009. You should receive it soon.

Received my Oath Letter yesterday, its scheduled for 11/13 9AM. :D

Thanks for everyones help!
Good luck to everyone waiting!
Congratulations to all new Citizens!

I have my interview on 11/16...I plan to Travel on 12/18 outside the country until the new years, what happens if my oath is between those days?
Is there to find out oath date during interview? Also - is there a way to get this all done before I Travel?

I have my interview on 11/16...I plan to Travel on 12/18 outside the country until the new years, what happens if my oath is between those days?
Is there to find out oath date during interview? Also - is there a way to get this all done before I Travel?

The oath is usually within 3 weeks, you should be ok. If you miss it they would just reschedule it upto 3 times.

Can I correct my middle name in the Oath ceremoney, since USCIS printed in correct middle name in the Oath letter.

Is there any one from Delaware waiting for oath

Is there any one from Delaware waiting for oath? i have been waiitng for almost five months and no reply for uscis,
thanks

walk in oath

can you take the oath by walk-in ? could you please reply - it is very urgent

we cleared our interview and my wife is waiting for her letter

I am from Delaware and still waiting for oath letter. My spouse got her oath letter almost 4 weeks ago. Even though we had interview on the same day. Don't know how long I have to wait.
:confused:

Oath Cermony Completed

Oath completed today at 1600 CallowHill St.

1-Overall very pleasant experience and the whole process took about 1.5 hours; appt. was at 11am, got free at 12.30pm

2. I requested for correcting my Middle name at the time of ceremony and I got it after the ceremony.

3- Kids and Guests are allowed and are in the same room

4- Remembered to check the Naturalization Certificate, especially the STAMP

5- it took about 4 months from Application to Oath

Thanks everyone on this forum for sharing your experiences and support.

I wish you all the best and hope your immigration journey will be over in time and smoothly.

Best Regards

Every time i called USCIS they used to tell me i am approved and pending for oth, but after talking 2nd level of support i was told today they place me on que for oath TODAY, My question is it any different that the previous status i used to hear?
thanks

Oath completed today at the Philadelphia DO! It was scheduled at 9AM and we were out by 10:20AM. Overall, it was a great and touching experience and I'm glad to be done with USCIS and proud to be an American!