Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Cali June 2002 Case Certified

finally after 4+ years my case status finally changed to Certified around noon (Pacific Time). here are my details

Cali RIR, EB3, June 2002

GCSyndrome said:
finally after 4+ years my case status finally changed to Certified around noon (Pacific Time). here are my details

Cali RIR, EB3, June 2002

Congrats , can you please share first 5 digits of ur case number
mine is close to urs just wanted to make some speculation

agron said:
My husband has PD also Feb.2004. Hope we get some good news also soon. His case went to regional in August of 2004. Then to PBEC. What is the difference between people who went from state straight to PBEC and those that went to regional and then to PBEC. Received 45 day letter in Feb of 2005.
I have one question. what was the purpose of the SWA and what was that of the regional? Any answers appreciated.

PD Feb 2004
RD August 2004
45 day letter-Feb.2005
Case status -in Process
Case # P-04289-#####

mine went straight to pbec. it didnt make to regional.

GCSyndrome said:

Cali RIR, EB3, June 2002

congratulation GCSyndrome. Best of luck for your next step.

RIR recruitment question

Suppose you advertise for a RIR conversion and you get 300 applications. IS DOL aware of it ? What if you only conduct interview for 15 of them and rest you throw ? How does it work really ? I would think that PERM advertisement is also similar. Please educate me . . .

-regards

I've been a silent lurker for a while and I wanted to share the good news.

Here is my info:

PD: Feb 2004
45-Day letter: Received /sent back in Feb 2006
Certified: Today (October 12, 2006)
State: VA
P-05167-*****

:)

Congratulations Budya!

Budya said:
I've been a silent lurker for a while and I wanted to share the good news.

Here is my info:

PD: Feb 2004
45-Day letter: Received /sent back in Feb 2006
Certified: Today (October 12, 2006)
State: VA
P-05167-*****

:)

Just came to know, One more Dec 29, 2003 (VA-RIR-EB2) got approved from my company.

blues22 said:
Is there any time limit on NOF for sending reply to PBEC. If yes, then in how many days do our lawyers have to respond to PBEC with the answers.

My lawyer is in hybernation mode. Please suggest the time frame.
Thanks.

I had got around a month to reply.

NOF for additional recuitement result

I got a NOF, requesting additional recuitment results from my company for the time when my LC was filed (Nov. 2002). However, my lawyer said she can not find any recuitment data and resumes for my company at that time. My company has gone through mergers, so those data may not be kept. Does anyone have similar experience? I really don't know what to do right now. Any suggestions? Thanks.

VA , EB2, RIR
PD - Nov, 2002
45 letter recived May 2006

PD Jan'04 PA Online Status Certified

PA EB3/RIR
PD : Jan 2004
45 Day letter : Dec 2004
ETA # : P-04273-XXXXX
Online Status: CERTIFIED as of Oct 12 2006

Last edited by a moderator:
Received Certified Documents !

Guys,
I'm happy to report that I got the news from my attorney yesterday that their office had received the certified documents. Hopefully, this completes my full circle for Labor Certification.

As some of you may recall, I had some trouble in getting certified documents from PBEC since my attorney and myself had changed addresses several times in the last 3 yrs. So, I had to send couple of faxes to PBEC and they were able to mail out the certified ETA750 forms.

Thanks for everyone's support in this prolonged process.

PBEC's Gained Momentum

Guys,
Increasingly I'm getting convinced that PBEC is now trying harder to clear up the backlog as promised - it is evident in their actions now.

1) For example, my labor (PD, 9Sept'03) was cleared on (PD, 9Sept'06) and now PBEC is approving Jan/Feb'04. That is a huge leap in terms of processing dates in just 30days.
Honestly, I was not expecting my case to be approved before this yearend and I had hopes of coming closer to approval by Dec06. But my approval in Sept pleasantly surprised me. I'm sure there are some folks (especially from 2004 cases) who can relate to my feelings.

2) Importantly, PBEC took recent action to let non-RIR conversion to RIR possible for all the BEC applications. Not that this option did not exist before. There is something important here to be read about "PBEC minds". The reason PBEC did this is to shed some recruitment off their desks. People have to take advantage of this opportunity. I can pretty much guarantee that if one does a reasonable job in recruitment of a case; PBEC will approve it. They are there to guide your case to approval stage, and NOT there to do a supervised recruitment of your (nonRIR) case.
In the short term, it might appear that RIR conversion/advertisement might be another 2k expense. But in the long term, it might be $$'s well spent since your case will be approved a whole lot quicker. If PBEC is going to perform their recruitment, not only it will take time, but you are also subjected to a lot greater risk of they finding someone qualified to do your job, or some other crap leading to your case getting unnecessarily complicated. Whereas if you do the recruitment (in YOUR region), you have a whole lot of control over your own advertisement process.
If you have not talked/seen your HR rep recently, this is a very valid reason they you should schedule the meeting with them and push them to convert your case to RIR. This memo from PBEC is going to change your life. Its basically PBEC saying to all of us to "help them" approve your case. This memo is pretty much a declaration/call from PBEC for some desperate HELP.

Now there are some folks; especially from 2001/2002/2003 who will vehemently disagree with me here just because their case is not approved or they know several people whose cases are not approved. My point here is that, PBEC is looking at a huge number of cases backlog and they are trying to use the best way to clear this now. I guess, I'm not saying that PBEC is perfect; and we can pull some statistics and find some anamolies too. But as a long time observer and looking at recent trends, it appears now in their actions that they are getting serious about clearing this backlog. Otherwise before, it just seemed that PBEC was just a big behemoth which did not know which way to go and what to do. Now, it seems like PBEC has some definite direction/goal that they are working towards. I atleast hope that they will clear the backlog by Dec07 if not by Sept07.

hemant2001 said:
My labor approve finally.
Certified ONLINE 10/01
Letter received : 10/10

Congratulations !!!! I hope that all your appers are ready for the next stage .... retrogression ???? :rolleyes: Definitely does not apply to you ;)

Sahil2002 said:
Guys,
Increasingly I'm getting convinced that PBEC is now trying harder to clear up the backlog as promised - it is evident in their actions now.

1) For example, my labor (PD, 9Sept'03) was cleared on (PD, 9Sept'06) and now PBEC is approving Jan/Feb'04. That is a huge leap in terms of processing dates in just 30days.
Honestly, I was not expecting my case to be approved before this yearend and I had hopes of coming closer to approval by Dec06. But my approval in Sept pleasantly surprised me. I'm sure there are some folks (especially from 2004 cases) who can relate to my feelings.

2) Importantly, PBEC took recent action to let non-RIR conversion to RIR possible for all the BEC applications. Not that this option did not exist before. There is something important here to be read about "PBEC minds". The reason PBEC did this is to shed some recruitment off their desks. People have to take advantage of this opportunity. I can pretty much guarantee that if one does a reasonable job in recruitment of a case; PBEC will approve it. They are there to guide your case to approval stage, and NOT there to do a supervised recruitment of your (nonRIR) case.
In the short term, it might appear that RIR conversion/advertisement might be another 2k expense. But in the long term, it might be $$'s well spent since your case will be approved a whole lot quicker. If PBEC is going to perform their recruitment, not only it will take time, but you are also subjected to a lot greater risk of they finding someone qualified to do your job, or some other crap leading to your case getting unnecessarily complicated. Whereas if you do the recruitment (in YOUR region), you have a whole lot of control over your own advertisement process.
If you have not talked/seen your HR rep recently, this is a very valid reason they you should schedule the meeting with them and push them to convert your case to RIR. This memo from PBEC is going to change your life. Its basically PBEC saying to all of us to "help them" approve your case. This memo is pretty much a declaration/call from PBEC for some desperate HELP.

Now there are some folks; especially from 2001/2002/2003 who will vehemently disagree with me here just because their case is not approved or they know several people whose cases are not approved. My point here is that, PBEC is looking at a huge number of cases backlog and they are trying to use the best way to clear this now. I guess, I'm not saying that PBEC is perfect; and we can pull some statistics and find some anamolies too. But as a long time observer and looking at recent trends, it appears now in their actions that they are getting serious about clearing this backlog. Otherwise before, it just seemed that PBEC was just a big behemoth which did not know which way to go and what to do. Now, it seems like PBEC has some definite direction/goal that they are working towards. I atleast hope that they will clear the backlog by Dec07 if not by Sept07.

I totally agree with your analysis.

I believe that PBEC has divided its team in order to get the backlog cleared. I think that some of their analyst are simply clearing "problem free" cases in FIFO. Another part of their team is working on Non-RIR apps and the rest is looking at the cases left behind. It probably is a three prong approach.

The tracker clearly shows a trend in processing. The first pass to clear out simple cases should be completed by the end of february 07. Then they will have more ressources to adjudicate the rest of the cases.

Yes, i disagree

Sahil2002 said:
Guys,

In the short term, it might appear that RIR conversion/advertisement might be another 2k expense. But in the long term, it might be $$'s well spent since your case will be approved a whole lot quicker. If PBEC is going to perform

Its is easier to write such a message when you jumped the line (not by your choosing of course)

Dedo said:
Its is easier to write such a message when you jumped the line (not by your choosing of course)

Well it is simply an analysis and I think a very pertinent one. You should also understand that there is not one line at PBEC but rather multiple, each with its own rules. We are simply trying to make sense of it and in that regard, sahil spelled out a good view on the situation

clzeus10/tot-batot/eefrog

Spouse getting H4 stamping(in home country) while the main H1 applicant is in US.

Do go to the link http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=81456&page=2&pp=15 and take a look at post 29 by acrobatguest.

2002calabor.. what you said could be right. In the post by acrobatguest he never got the H1 stamp on the passport. Also keep the board updated about the status of your wife's visa approval.

Thanks.
GCVaruma.