Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

We shouldn't rely on this site yet

PRinUS said:
Oh God, my case shows closed with the status check site. What to do now, feel like helpless.....

NY, RIR EB3
Apr 2002
45 DL replied in Oct'05

All,
Before you get fustrated with the status obtained from this site talk to your HR/Atorney. Tell them to call 202 number to varify the status. I don't think we can rely on this test site yet. This doesn't work for me. It says "No records matched your query, please check the case number." I just got the screen shot and it says "The application is awaiting processing".

what is the e-mail ID to request for screen shot?

ma_nonrir_eb3 said:
After checking the status of my case with the test online website this morning and observing that it showed "no search results" for my case number, I sent another "screenshot" request to H1B mailbox.

Well, I got a reply back not even 20 minutes after sending the email, with a fresh screenshot (amazing, isn't it?). Assuming that whoever generated that screenshot queried the "real" database, and looking at observations of ppl that know their case is certified, yet their case shows as "data review" or "in process", I am more certain than before that the test URL points to an old and incomplete database (a snapshot taken at least before May 9, in my opinion).

Would you agree?[/QUOTE

could u please post the e-mail ID to request for the "screenshot" ?cause 2days before i sent an e-mail to the ID Info@PHI.DFLC.US but did'nt get any reply and i want to know my new case number which starts with P-****

thanks

Obviously, this site is only a TEST site. Its data is real enough, only it's INCOMPLETE and OUTDATED. So if your case status is closed, it only means it was closed some time back. It might've been reopened since then. Check with your attorney or employer will be the best option. If your case shows "no match", well, it doesn't mean the data is a fake. Simply because this is a subset of the giant database. For people who has been certified, and yet shows up as 'in process" or "data review", it only proves this is an old database. BUT, it certainly tells us some valuable clues. Guys who see "denied" or "closed", it's really a high time to contact your attorney or employer.

My Case Status shows as CLOSED

I am very concerned, but I think I will wait till the status check website is officially announced as ready to use. I cannot imagine this,, after a long wait for my labor approval.

:mad: :mad:

Hello Guys,

Please someone answer this. It's urgent.
I again apologize for asking this question in this forum. but i know all pending labor peoples visit here all the time.

I have only one question for GURU's.

I am currently working on 8th year of H-1(b) for Employer A based on pending labor. Extend my H-1(b) every single year from last 3 years. I have been already approved for 9th year extension starting from Oct 2006 - Oct 2007.

I just need to know, what are my options to switch from company A to B.

If i will file H-1(b) for Company B now and gets approve for the same period from Oct 2006 - Oct 2007 based on my pending labor.

1)Can I switch my job and work for compnay B without a fear of losing my status, if Company A cancels my labor.

2) What happened If company A will cancel my pending LC immediately, then my H-1 with compnay B would be valid or not?

3)If yes, it means cancel labor with company A has nothing to do with another H-1, even it was approved on the basis of compnay A pending labor.

4) How long can I work for company B? Can I work for compnay B till Oct 2007 (assuming my H-1 for company B will also approve for 1 more year)

I am pretty sure that company B will file PERM for me (on EB2, current for my country) and if will get approve during the next year then I will apply for !-140 and then i will get an extension for three years for company B,
BUT Again
My main concern is if I switch on H-1 to company B right now and compnay A will cancel my labor then where I would be standing? I have already 8th years on H-1, I don't want to lose it, only because of new job.

Please help.

Thanks in advance

Type: RIR
State: CT
PD: July 2003

I checked my case number which is "IN PROCESS". Also, I checked about 100 case numbers around my case number and some are already "CERTIFIED" and some "WITHDRAWN", many are "CLOSED", many are "IN PROCESS", very few are in "DATA REVIEW" and very few "DENIED". Many case numbers do not exist (maybe because they lost the sequence number when they deleted a bad record or something). It all appears to be very random to me. I couldn't figure out any logic based on the order of case numbers.

Last edited by a moderator:
aycy, PRinUS

Like someone mentioned this is a Test Site. Think about these possible things that could have been done with test DB:
- Test DB snapshot could be very old and inaccurate
- Since this is Test Environment some developer could have changed data to get different test cases, like arbitrarily marking cases as closed or certified or withdrawn

Until the site is official, I would suggest not taking this status as official. Instead get your employer or lawyer call them or send email for status.

Last edited by a moderator:
another_fella said:
aycy, PRinUS

Like someone mentioned this is a Test Site. Think about the these possible things that coule have been done with test DB:
- Test DB snapshot could be very old and inaccurate
- Since this is Test Environment some developer could have changed data to get different test cases, like arbitarliy marking cases as closed or certified or withdrawn

Until it is official, I would suggest not to take this as official. Instead get your employer or lawyer call them or send email for status.
I agree that we should not rely on this test database. Like a good tester, some QA person may have updated the status randomly to check the system to make sure all test cases for the status columns are handled.

I think unless the case status on this link becomes active "http://workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp", we should not treat the test site as authentic.

Folks,
Please don't get panicky right now. I urge all of you to remain calm and to be hopeful until the "official link" to the "real and live database" is released.

Although the testing database gives clues or hints, it may not be 100% accurate since it may be an outdated snapshot of the database taken a few weeks or months ago. So, please wait until the real link is officially released by DOL.

Best of luck to everyone!

Rohila said:
My main concern is if I switch on H-1 to company B right now and compnay A will cancel my labor then where I would be standing? I have already 8th years on H-1, I don't want to lose it, only because of new job.

You should be ok. Your new company/attorney has to file your H1b transferred immediately. Once they submit the paperwork you should be able to move and work for your new company.

You won't lose your status if your company cancell your GC process. You just lose your priority date.

Ask you new company to start your Perm process, I believe they can apply for your perm even before you move. The sooner the better, therefore once your labor get approve you can immediately filed for your I40 and get your 3 years extension.

Status

I thought they removed the status from the screen shot. Where did you see that it shows "The application is awaiting processing" in the screen shot?

nohope_for_lc said:
All,
Before you get fustrated with the status obtained from this site talk to your HR/Atorney. Tell them to call 202 number to varify the status. I don't think we can rely on this test site yet. This doesn't work for me. It says "No records matched your query, please check the case number." I just got the screen shot and it says "The application is awaiting processing".

There was a attached word document

KGC05 said:
I thought they removed the status from the screen shot. Where did you see that it shows "The application is awaiting processing" in the screen shot?

I received a screen shot as well as a word document saying

"This is in response to your inquiry regarding the pending Application for Alien Employment Certification. Enclosed is a screen shot showing the Employer, the alien, and the date of acceptance for processing (priority date). The application is awaiting processing.

Current processing information can be obtained by visiting our website at http://atlas.doleta.gov/foreign."

How to check a status? please provide me more info.

thank you

mvinays said:
I checked my case number which is "IN PROCESS". Also, I checked about 100 case numbers around my case number and some are already "CERTIFIED" and some "WITHDRAWN", many are "CLOSED", many are "IN PROCESS", very few are in "DATA REVIEW" and very few "DENIED". Many case numbers do not exist (maybe because they lost the sequence number when they deleted a bad record or something). It all appears to be very random to me. I couldn't figure out any logic based on the order of case numbers.

test system has been brought down

cherrygums said:
How to check a status? please provide me more info.

thank you

I guess they didn't realize it was out there on the public Internet and word had gotten out. After it started getting hit hard by us folks, they probably started getting calls from lawyers quoting info on the test site, and decided to bring it down.

onesource said:
I am very concerned, but I think I will wait till the status check website is officially announced as ready to use. I cannot imagine this,, after a long wait for my labor approval.

:mad: :mad:

wait for what?? we have already waited enough, don't be stupid, ask your lawyer to call BEC or the 202 number and double check...

GURUS

If you have a pending GC from Company A (since Aug 2003) and you currently work for Company B, and Company B also wants to file for GC under Perm.

If the Perm application from Company B is approved would that delete the application which was filed for Company A stuck in BEC?
I would like to know procedure which would not harm the application filed by Company A which has a better Priority Date.

Thanks