Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

skyblue789 said:
I was told that my labor certificate was issued on June 22. but neither my lawyer nor my company has received it by mail as of today July 13.

Anybody has any idea why it takes them so long to send out approved certificate?

Any information would be much appreciated.

-------------------
PD: May 11 2002
45 days letter: DEC 2005
Labor issued: June 22
Labor received by mail: ?????

Congratulations.... I guess and hope its on its way.. can you please tell me which state its filed from? and who told you that its certified?

Thanks,
- Kasturi

Gurus Question

I am in my 8th year H1B waiting for LC EB3 RIR.

Can I change employers? What would I have to do and what impact would this have on my GC (if I'll ever get it...)?

Thanks a bunch.

NOFs out of PBEC

Just FYI, I read a comment of an immigrant attorney made on the other forum about Stephen Stefanko's retirement, the attorney said it could be a good news because the former head of PBEC was infamous for being picky and strict in RIR applications, in particular, IT cases. I guess Stefanko issued a bunch of NOFs crazyly before his retirement to make our lives tougher.

PBECVictim10000 said:
Just FYI, I read a comment of an immigrant attorney made on the other forum about Stephen Stefanko's retirement, the attorney said it could be a good news because the former head of PBEC was infamous for being picky and strict in RIR applications, in particular, IT cases. I guess Stefanko issued a bunch of NOFs crazyly before his retirement to make our lives tougher.
can paste the forum link ??

When Can I Change My Job?

Found the answer myself:

"When you are the beneficiary of a labor certification, generally you must remain with your employer until your Application to Adjust Status (I-485) has been pending for at least 180 days. Leaving your employer before the I-485 has been pending for 180 days will result in a loss of the labor certification and approved Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker (I-140). Although you may be able to retain your priority date if you go to a new employer, you will have to go through the labor certification process again. Once your I-485 has been pending for 180 days, you are entitled to switch employers. However, it is important to remember that your new job must be the “same or similar” occupation in order to preserve your pending I-485. The same rule applies to Outstanding Professor or Researcher (EB-1B) beneficiaries, who must have an employer in order to apply under this category. Like labor certification beneficiaries, outstanding researchers may change employers once the I-485 has been pending for 180 days, but they must remain in the same or a similar occupation."

PBECVictim10000 said:

His last name is Stefanko.. I am sure he is a Spanish immigrant or a decendant of Spanish Immigrant. He just want to press us down even more!!!

spicegirl said:
His last name is Stefanko.. I am sure he is a Spanish immigrant or a decendant of Spanish Immigrant. He just want to press us down even more!!!

atleast he is retired now...

MA Labor approved !

Hi to everyone here - this is my first post. I just owe you this information after all important things I learned here just by silently reading your posts.

I got a great news from my attorney today that after long long long ..... 3.5 year wait - my MA TR labor was approved.

Ice got broken for MA guys !!!!

Now, sure my details:

PD: Jan 31 2003
Case source: Regional
Case Processing type: TR
Case received date: PD
RD: don't know what it is
Case #: P-05208-4XXXX

My case cleared from state and was sent to Boston DOL just before they closed operations. Then it got to backlog.
I requested the screenshot in the middle of June so you can see the details above.

Thanks for your posts and good luck to everybody here!!!

lota_mc2 said:
Hi to everyone here - this is my first post. I just owe you this information after all important things I learned here just by silently reading your posts.

I got a great news from my attorney today that after long long long ..... 3.5 year wait - my MA TR labor was approved.

Now, sure my details:

My case cleared from state and was sent to Boston DOL just before they closed operations. Then it got to backlog.
I requested the screenshot in the middle of June so you can see the details above.

Since you are TR can you tell us if there was any recruitment information received from the PBEC? or since you had cleared SWA you didnt need to do any?

Thanks, Congratulations and Good Luck for next steps.

I think he is Bulgarian, or East European origins

spicegirl said:
Thanks good he is gone :cool:

MA Labor approved !

Since you are TR can you tell us if there was any recruitment information received from the PBEC? or since you had cleared SWA you didnt need to do any?

I did not need any. My company got instructions from SWA at the time SWA ran the recruitment for my case (late 2004).

Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice to see MA approval. How long it took to finish your recruitment process back then? Your answer will be appreciated.

lota_mc2 said:
I did not need any. My company got instructions from SWA at the time SWA ran the recruitment for my case (late 2004).

PBEC moving well into 2003?

Guys,

It seems like PBEC is already approving cases from Jan 31 2003. I have a very bad feeling that they have skipped over all 2001/2002 cases pending and may not return back to our cases for months now. Any thoughts? Anything we can do to chase this?

Bye

Congrats... Good luck for your next phase...
I hope they break ice for FL/GA guys soon....
hmmm....will i get chance to break my good news b4 i retire...

lota_mc2 said:

Now, sure my details:

You'd feel lucky IF they simply skipped your case. Nowadays, people are getting NOFs all the time for those skipped cases. I'm afraid they don't skip, they just send you to TR. :( Thought it couldn't be any worse, and now PBEC exceeded my expectation again.

Unfortunately your assumption might hold true as there might be NOF's issued for the 2001/2002 cases since they have already moved to Jan 2003. I hope I am wrong but as of now we are at the mercy of PBEC actions. :mad:

2002calabor said:
Guys,

It seems like PBEC is already approving cases from Jan 31 2003. I have a very bad feeling that they have skipped over all 2001/2002 cases pending and may not return back to our cases for months now. Any thoughts? Anything we can do to chase this?

Bye

originally posted by nohope_for_LC
-How long it took to finish your recruitment process back then?

It took like 2.5 - 3 months from the time attorney received instructions from SWA until the case got cleared and was sent to DOL.