Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

am_frustrated

My empolyer/lawyer did not get anything yet. I noticed my screenshot changed last Friday(07/07/2006). The previous time(06/11/2006), my screesnshot still shows RIR.

When did you get the notice and before that, was your scessnshot OK? By the way, do you know how much extra time we have to spend to do re-advertisement? Did your lawyer do anything or just waited for further instructions from BEC?

am_frustrated said:
fangf,

Did you employer not receive any info as well? When did you first notice it being pushed to TR? This may give us insight as to how long before we can expect further instructions from them. Sorry to hear that, hey but atleast you are not alone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Non-Receipt of 45-day Letters Process for Addressing Related Requests to Reopen

Fresh from the DOL website:

The Office of Foreign Labor Certification (OFLC) is aware that some employers or their legal representatives who have received "case closed" letters may not have previously received a "45-day" Center Receipt Notification Letter ("45-day letter") from the Backlog Elimination Center (BEC) processing their respective cases. In addition, cases may have been closed after employers or their representatives responded timely to a 45-day letter. OFLC has developed a process and remedy available to employers who believe a case has been closed due to issues surrounding the receipt of or response to 45-day letters. To be considered for case reopening, all requests must be received by the appropriate BEC within 30 days of the publication of this policy announcement or within 30-days of the receipt of a case closed letter, whichever is later.

To learn more, see the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section:

http://www.workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/pdf/backlog_faqs_07-10-06.pdf

gchelpme said:
Does anyone knows - if any thing positive happened regarding this nasty labor situation? Are lawyers really doing something or just sit back and watch the situation... what benefit will this give them? why they are not pushing this...what happened to IV.org?

Nope, no one is doing anything for victims of BECs. Nothing positive is happening. Lawyers just love to sit back with there fat bellys so they can earn more money on extensions, they wont do anything.

IV.org has done a phenomenal job so far but BEC is not there priority, its retrogession. There is a line in bills they created that BECs are suppose to clear backlogs in 18 months after that bill becomes law, but I am not counting too much on it. They started with retrogession and concentrated on BEC after people screamed about PBEC not doing its job, so IV is an excellent organization but dont expect anything as far as your LC is concerned.

Basically we are at mercy of PBEC, all you can do it write letters to Chao and others to do there job.

Sorry for so much negativity.
:mad:

Congrats Virat...
Did you get copy of your approval to your home address or you got info from your lawyer/employer..

Virat said:
Thanks all of you for continued support of the forum. Its real helpful.

My labor got approved today 11th July 06. It was such a relief. The details are in my signature. I know PBEC is not following the FIFO as many of my friends in the same company with PD may/june 02 are still stuck, but i was somewhat lucky, and I thank God for that.

Will see you guys soon in 140/485 discussion groups. Just cleared the 1st hurdle. Now another long wait starts for next phases.
The tracker is one of the best thing we have out here which tells the statistics. I wish you all, best of luck with your LC, and may all of you get the deserved LC soon.

Thanks
Virat.

fangf said:
am_frustrated

My empolyer/lawyer did not get anything yet. I noticed my screenshot changed last Friday(07/07/2006). The previous time(06/11/2006), my screesnshot still shows RIR.

When did you get the notice and before that, was your scessnshot OK? By the way, do you know how much extra time we have to spend to do re-advertisement? Did your lawyer do anything or just waited for further instructions from BEC?
When the Status was showing RIR earlier , were the following fields filled or empty?

Occupation Title:
Program Analyst
Occupation Code:
Rate of Pay:
Prevailing Wage:

Both of my current screenshot(TR) and previous screenshot(RIR),

Occupation Title:
Occupation Code:
Prevailing Wage:

3 items are blank. I just do not understand if they did not fully input the data of my case, how could they decided throwing it into TR?

va_aug_2002 said:
When the Status was showing RIR earlier , were the following fields filled or empty?

Occupation Title:
Program Analyst
Occupation Code:
Rate of Pay:
Prevailing Wage:

fangf said:
am_frustrated

Last time i had my lawyer do a screenshot was in Jan 06 and it showed RIR then. Never bothered to do another screenshot. My lawyer and i are both anxiously waiting for further communication from them, but nothing yet. We think it may be additional 45 to 60 days to go through the procedures.

fangf said:
Both of my current screenshot(TR) and previous screenshot(RIR),

Occupation Title:
Occupation Code:
Prevailing Wage:

3 items are blank. I just do not understand if they did not fully input the data of my case, how could they decided throwing it into TR?
In my case, the fields are entered (they are there since last Sep). Not sure if they can still transfer my case to TR?

Did anybody had this fields populated and still got NOF or case converted to TR from RIR?

Gurus, any ideas will they still issue NOF or change it to TR even if this fields are populated?

Can the spouse be in H1 during 485

Hello Forum Gurus,
I am still waiting for the labor approval, as every one is aware this process does have financial, social and psychological effects on family members who cannot work.
So guys did any one figure out what the heck PBEC is doing or what pattern they are doing, I am kind of losing hope and my company is sucking me like a vampire on the project rate.
I am seeking some advice on this so the answer would help a lot of members in similar situation
And here comes the million dollar info!!
If I process an H1 for my wife and her wife and she gets it approved and she works and then stops working she WILL NOT automatically be on H4 status. The status change needs to be approved.
Now the million dollar question ?
Let’s say I got an H1 approved for my wife and she starts working can I include he with my GC processing when her status changes to H1 from H4
I am assuming that we include the wives info during 485 what should be the status of my wife will H1 create an issue?

45 Day limit for applying I-140?

Hey Guys,

Is there a rule to apply for 140 within 45 days of labor approval?

Plaese Help

My Case has been assigned to analyst on june 9, 2006 . But in my current screen shot the occupation title and occupation code is still blank . what does it means ? the analayst has not touched my case at all

Please reply if you know the answar

Tanveer

tanveer666 I guess its not touched

My HR called last week at 202 # and was informed that my case was assigned to analyst on 3/28/2006. As of June Occupation Title, code and prevaling wage columns are still empty. My assumption is they have not touched the case and is just sitting some where on the analyst desk. God knows when the analyst would take care of those.

PD: June 12th 2002
NY EB3 RIR
45 Day Letter Received on Jan 19th 2006 and replied same day
LC: ????????????????????????

am_frustrated said:
Last time i had my lawyer do a screenshot was in Jan 06 and it showed RIR then. Never bothered to do another screenshot. My lawyer and i are both anxiously waiting for further communication from them, but nothing yet. We think it may be additional 45 to 60 days to go through the procedures.
Hi all:

A Naive question. How does one view the screen shot?

My case (EB2 RIR) was filed with NJ DOL on 11/27/2002 and 45 day from Philly BEC was received on 04/20/06. Replied on 04/28/06.

The attorneys are telling me it could take several months though some cases where 45 day letters were issued in late 2004 are still pending...Can someone please advise?

Many Thanks

Can you please post the full 202 number?

Blackhole2002 said:
My HR called last week at 202 # and was informed that my case was assigned to analyst on 3/28/2006. As of June Occupation Title, code and prevaling wage columns are still empty. My assumption is they have not touched the case and is just sitting some where on the analyst desk. God knows when the analyst would take care of those.

PD: June 12th 2002
NY EB3 RIR
45 Day Letter Received on Jan 19th 2006 and replied same day
LC: ????????????????????????

sonu_Aug_2002 said:
- Would/Should the new add be in consistence with current experience/skills or the old one?
It has to be absolutley same ( word to word match) as the original advertisement.
The positive side of this is , it would be very hard to find an American Worker who would be willing to now join your company with the prevaling wage that was offered for the position at that time. If you see the current prevailing wage for the same position in the same location, it will be off by 20K. So, I think no body would even apply for that position now. Also, the job market now is much better than it was during 2002-2003, so there are not many guys who are jobless.

- If current then can we request them to shift application to EB2 now, since we are now quailfied for EB2?
No way. The priority date is only valid with your old labor application.
Hey Sonu_*, I just got the copy of the original add that was posted in Washington Post. This add posting mentions "multiple positions" and secondly it appears very generic to me in terms of the skills set requirement. It has listed all the s/w skills in the world. I guess thats what they didnt like - the nature advertisement is too broad. I dont know know when we do the supervised recruitment postings and all, if word to word match will work in this case. Lets see what they have to say..

Hey am_frustrated,
My understanding is you cannot advt. specific skill reequirements like programming language and tools assuming that it is for a Software Engineer. If you do that then it will generate NOF due to "Intent of deny". I think the key is Where you have posted the advt and how long it was posted. Unfortunatley, I don't know how long it should be posted. Normally companies do for 2-3 months. Can U tell me, how long and how many places your advt was posted.

Labor question

Hello frens,

I am in a really bad situation, my labor is applied in 2003 and still no answer but but wife labor was approved in 2005 through PERM, I was wondering since my PD is in 2003 ,can I use her approved labor and attach my PD to it. I know everyone is busy with their work but any help in this is appreciated.

Don't think so

h1h4 said:
Hello frens,

I am in a really bad situation, my labor is applied in 2003 and still no answer but but wife labor was approved in 2005 through PERM, I was wondering since my PD is in 2003 ,can I use her approved labor and attach my PD to it. I know everyone is busy with their work but any help in this is appreciated.

Unfortunaltely you cannot do this, ur wife's application is different from you application. If we could, all of us would, file PERM and carry the PD, which theoritically is still possible, but ur case, approved labor is your wife's.
Hope it helps,