Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

2002calabor said:
Is there any way to get the case status???
I called the PBEC # and they redirected me to an automated response. I called 202 # and same thing.

Where are all the veterans of this forum? Has everyone been approved already?
I called up many times today and that nice lady was trasnfering to another number which was going in voice message...Finally gave up..

Ladude10
July 2002, CA EB3

Follow up with PBEC

PRinUS said:
Hi Folks,

Whenever I ask our attorney, get the same response that we haven't heard anything about your case and unfortunately there's no way to find out the current status. My manager called up couple of times and got hold of live person who told him that my case is quite close to final determination but there's one NOF letter sent to attorney and should be responded within 35 days before it can proceed for final determination...And, I told attorney the same thing and they said they haven't received any NOF letter yet. Its a complete utter mess.

Anyway, fight is ON and have patience/faith in GOD, we will be fine :)

NY, RIR, EB3
Apr' 02
45 DL recd and replied : OCt' 05.
Labor approval : fight is still ON

PRinUS,

Ask you lawyer to contact PBEC by mail and fax that neither of you have not received the NOF. Request them to-reissue a new one with a new 35 days to respond to it. I would proceed with this option rather than waiting for the NOF. As for my case, I was also told a NOF was issued in January and did not arrived at all. My lawyer went ahead and requested PBEC to reissue a new NOF with a new 35 days to respond to it. Finally, we received it a few days later than February 24, 2006. Good luck....!

aycy
NJ EB2 RIR
PD June 25'02
45 day received Sept '05
Replied 45 day letter Oct'05
NOF issued on Feb 24'06
NOF rebutted March 28'06
Status???????????????????

BPCs Update on Labor Certifications : June 2006

http://www.murthy.com/bulletin.html

Many MurthyDotCom and MurthyBulletin readers have expressed their appreciation for regular updates on our experiences with case processing at the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) Backlog Processing Centers (BPCs). The latest such report was in our March 24, 2006 article, BPCs Update : Mid January to Mid March 2006. We have received some inquiries as to why we have not continued to provide these updates. This is because the BPCs, apparently, have been focusing more on issuing the 45-day continuation letters than on case adjudication. The volume of cases originally filed by the Murthy Law Firm for which we have received decisions (all were approved) during the three months since our last article, has been substantially smaller than was the case before March 2006.

Based on comments made at the recent national American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) Conference, June 2006, the pace is expected to increase in the near future. Additionally, the DOL will include traditional labor certification cases (TR), and not exclusively the RIR cases, in their efforts to clear the backlogs. All of the approvals that we have seen to date have been RIR cases, with no action (other than 45-day letters) on traditional, non-RIR cases.

Dallas BPC Continues with 2004 Cases

As reported previously, the Dallas BPC continues to approve labor certifications (LCs) filed in 2004. The cases we received in the three months between the end of March 2006 and the end of June 2006 ranged from early 2003 to mid 2004. The approvals came from the following six states of original filing: Illinois, Colorado, Texas, Michigan, Washington, and Ohio.

Philadelphia BPC Continues with 2001 and 2002 Cases

The Philadelphia BPC, as before, is keeping more to a First-In/First-Out (FIFO) system. The cases that were approved had priority dates ranging from mid 2001 to late 2002. There was a case with a later priority date approved, but that was a special-handling case. Special-handling cases are for faculty members or other instructors who teach at institutions of higher education, like universities or colleges. Thus, it appears that the Philadelphia BPC, at least in this instance, is identifying and approving special handling cases before the regular LC or RIR cases. The recent LC approvals that we received from the Philadelphia BPC originated from Georgia, New Jersey, New York, and Maryland.

Conclusion : Future

We at the Murthy Law Firm will continue to share helpful information with our MurthyDotCom and MurthyBulletin readers on this important subject. Given the length of time that BPCs have been in existence, it is frustrating that they are not moving at full speed on LC adjudications. The pace must hasten significantly if they are to meet their previously-stated goals for adjudicating all remaining pre-PERM labor certifications. Given the DOL's indication at the AILA conference, it is anticipated that the current the pace will increase. They expect to begin issuing advertising instructions in the traditional, non-RIR cases. This does not mean that RIR case processing will end. We will track the progress on cases filed by the Murthy Law Firm, so that we can update our readers again on this important topic in the near future.

new standard procedure or message ?

Based on the some posts here, I guess, the 202* has a standard answer which is "NOF & 35 days to respond".

I wish, it is a standard answer & not a new procedure introduced for 'all' the cases.

PRinUS said:
Hi Folks,

Whenever I ask our attorney, get the same response that we haven't heard anything about your case and unfortunately there's no way to find out the current status. My manager called up couple of times and got hold of live person who told him that my case is quite close to final determination but there's one NOF letter sent to attorney and should be responded within 35 days before it can proceed for final determination...And, I told attorney the same thing and they said they haven't received any NOF letter yet. Its a complete utter mess.

Anyway, fight is ON and have patience/faith in GOD, we will be fine :)

NY, RIR, EB3
Apr' 02

Give it a try again

Give it a try again. You may be lucky.

Curious to know whether NOF is the reply.

ladude10 said:
I called up many times today and that nice lady was trasnfering to another number which was going in voice message...Finally gave up..

Ladude10
July 2002, CA EB3

venkatg_gc said:
Hi

My labor was applied as EB2 RIR from califorinia State in Sep 02.My employer received a NOF saying that

" Your request for a reduction in recruitment is denied.This request is denied because labor market information in the area of intended employment indicated that there are available U.S. workers.Federal regulations require an employer to make a good faith effort to recruit U.S. resident workers before an application for alien labor certification can be approved.Pursuant to GAL 1-97 and 20 CFR 656.21(i) we are processing this application as a traditional case according to the date of this letter.You will be contacted by this office with instructions pertaining to post-application recruitment."

Job requirement is MS+0 or BS+5. I have BS+6 yeras experience.

Did anybody get this type of NOF? Any suggestions in this matter? I will appreciate your response

PD :Sep16.2002
RD: Aug,03
45 Days replied :Feb 2005
Case Number p-0432X-XXXXX
Hey venkat_gc, i got the same on June 16th.
My priority date is May 22nd 2002. DO you have any details? What does your lawyer say?

I have no clue either except that i found this document and according to that im speculating that they may ask us to work with recruitment agent from DOL's side and have our job posted to ajb.com via our employer. The document has everything in detail abotu RIR & non-RIR. Though its not clear what will be the course of action in our case ie reject from RIR and put into traditioanl category.

http://www.doleta.gov/sga/rfp/SIM_Training_Manual.cfm

My manager just got a call from BEC as he left couple of messages prior to he spoke to the live person. The person who returned the call says that there are no issues and should expect the final determination by Sep, 2006. Now, I dont know who is correct, the one (live person) who my manager spoke to yesterday he said NOF and 35 day story OR the person who returned the call today ?????

whenwilliget said:
Based on the some posts here, I guess, the 202* has a standard answer which is "NOF & 35 days to respond".

I wish, it is a standard answer & not a new procedure introduced for 'all' the cases.
new standard procedure or message ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRinUS
Hi Folks,

Anyway, fight is ON and have patience/faith in GOD, we will be fine

NY, RIR, EB3
Apr' 02

Is Fifo Being Followed??

I have a feeling murthy.com is not providing clear info - they are still saying PBES is still doing 2001 & 2002 cases and just one case of later date has been approved. WHAT AN IRONY. If they visit this forum they will know the reality...if DOL is following any FIFO or not. WHAT IS THE POINT IN GIVING SUCH INFO WITHOUT GETTING IN TO THE DETAILS OF IT...

Today's BIG ques should be - Is FIFO being followed by PBEC???

----------------------------------------------

pawnrule said:
http://www.murthy.com/bulletin.html

Many MurthyDotCom and MurthyBulletin readers have expressed their appreciation for regular updates on our experiences with case processing at the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) Backlog Processing Centers (BPCs). The latest such report was in our March 24, 2006 article, BPCs Update : Mid January to Mid March 2006. We have received some inquiries as to why we have not continued to provide these updates. This is because the BPCs, apparently, have been focusing more on issuing the 45-day continuation letters than on case adjudication. The volume of cases originally filed by the Murthy Law Firm for which we have received decisions (all were approved) during the three months since our last article, has been substantially smaller than was the case before March 2006.

Based on comments made at the recent national American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) Conference, June 2006, the pace is expected to increase in the near future. Additionally, the DOL will include traditional labor certification cases (TR), and not exclusively the RIR cases, in their efforts to clear the backlogs. All of the approvals that we have seen to date have been RIR cases, with no action (other than 45-day letters) on traditional, non-RIR cases.

Dallas BPC Continues with 2004 Cases

As reported previously, the Dallas BPC continues to approve labor certifications (LCs) filed in 2004. The cases we received in the three months between the end of March 2006 and the end of June 2006 ranged from early 2003 to mid 2004. The approvals came from the following six states of original filing: Illinois, Colorado, Texas, Michigan, Washington, and Ohio.

Philadelphia BPC Continues with 2001 and 2002 Cases

The Philadelphia BPC, as before, is keeping more to a First-In/First-Out (FIFO) system. The cases that were approved had priority dates ranging from mid 2001 to late 2002. There was a case with a later priority date approved, but that was a special-handling case. Special-handling cases are for faculty members or other instructors who teach at institutions of higher education, like universities or colleges. Thus, it appears that the Philadelphia BPC, at least in this instance, is identifying and approving special handling cases before the regular LC or RIR cases. The recent LC approvals that we received from the Philadelphia BPC originated from Georgia, New Jersey, New York, and Maryland.

Conclusion : Future

We at the Murthy Law Firm will continue to share helpful information with our MurthyDotCom and MurthyBulletin readers on this important subject. Given the length of time that BPCs have been in existence, it is frustrating that they are not moving at full speed on LC adjudications. The pace must hasten significantly if they are to meet their previously-stated goals for adjudicating all remaining pre-PERM labor certifications. Given the DOL's indication at the AILA conference, it is anticipated that the current the pace will increase. They expect to begin issuing advertising instructions in the traditional, non-RIR cases. This does not mean that RIR case processing will end. We will track the progress on cases filed by the Murthy Law Firm, so that we can update our readers again on this important topic in the near future.

So manwithnoname - DID you mean to say one who has pending labor at PBEC can file a PERM and then port the PD once the 140 based on the PERM Labor is approved? Or you mean when the 140 thru PBEC labor gets approved?

Also, in that case should the job description of the PERM and old labor match?

Many thanks in advance!

manwithnoname said:
The PERM filing wont have an impact on the orginal labor. However, to port the Priority Date, you need the I-140 approval too. My 2 cents.

gchelpme said:
So manwithnoname - DID you mean to say one who has pending labor at PBEC can file a PERM and then port the PD once the 140 based on the PERM Labor is approved? Or you mean when the 140 thru PBEC labor gets approved?

Also, in that case should the job description of the PERM and old labor match?

Many thanks in advance!

140 through PBEC labor must get approved to be able to port the PD if you plan to file a new PERM and 140 with a new employer. Job desc of old and new labor need not match. Job requirements need not match too (EB category can be same or different for old and new LCs).

Screen Shot

Congratulations for your approval of LC!! Would you let us know how you got your screen shot?
Also I have a very basic question: 'What is RD?" while the "PD is priority date."
Thanks a lot for your reply.
JYW

liaoguoxf said:
Thanks! i only asked for screen shot once.

Approval from PBEC

I got the good news today after 4+ years waiting.
Thanks to the (202) number provider!.
and to all hard work done in this forum. See you all soon in next step. :)

CA, EB3
PD: 05/31/2002
45: 02/24/2005
ETA: P-04307-xxxxx
CER: 06/28/2006

My lawyer called PBEC and left a voice mail to get more information about this NOF.She told to wait 2 or 3 days to get respnse from them.What your lawyer told about this?Are you applied from CA?

am_frustrated said:
Hey venkat_gc, i got the same on June 16th.
My priority date is May 22nd 2002. DO you have any details? What does your lawyer say?

I have no clue either except that i found this document and according to that im speculating that they may ask us to work with recruitment agent from DOL's side and have our job posted to ajb.com via our employer. The document has everything in detail abotu RIR & non-RIR. Though its not clear what will be the course of action in our case ie reject from RIR and put into traditioanl category.

http://www.doleta.gov/sga/rfp/SIM_Training_Manual.cfm

is it from the call or you actually receive the certification ?

BTW congratulations!

HA-1 said:
I got the good news today after 4+ years waiting.
Thanks to the (202) number provider!.
and to all hard work done in this forum. See you all soon in next step. :)

CA, EB3
PD: 05/31/2002
45: 02/24/2005
ETA: P-04307-xxxxx
CER: 06/28/2006

Please update the TRACKER.

Please update the tracker with my info.

Thanks,
RC

Last edited by a moderator:
i simply sent an email to H1B7YR@PHI.DFLC.US to ask for a screen shot for 7th year extension.
RD stands for the date my case was transferred from state SWA to regional office before backlog center.
good luck

JYW2004 said:
Congratulations for your approval of LC!! Would you let us know how you got your screen shot?
Also I have a very basic question: 'What is RD?" while the "PD is priority date."
Thanks a lot for your reply.
JYW

liaoguoxf said:
i simply sent an email to H1B7YR@PHI.DFLC.US to ask for a screen shot for 7th year extension.
RD stands for the date my case was transferred from state SWA to regional office before backlog center.
good luck

I think, RD in the screen shots stands for when the BEC received your case and that matches the first five digits of your case number too.
My RD in screen shot is 12/28/2004
My case number is P-04363-xxxx (363rd day of 2004 is Dec 28)

whenwilliget said:
Give it a try again. You may be lucky.

Curious to know whether NOF is the reply.

Made up mind to hear something wrong :mad: and finally got hold of "Nice GUY" from PBEC :) . As per him my case is assigned to Analyst. This is consistence with info provided my Lawyer 8 weeks ago.
So I guess I have to wait…. :)

Ladude10
CA,EB3,July 2002

My HR call today (202) number, I was in while she call, I got the news. He said it will be in mail next week. You will be next or may be yours :cool: done by now.

chinglun said:
BTW congratulations!

We know that PBEC has been randomly skipping cases from 2001 and early 2002 and moving forward with approvals in late 2002. Here are the "theories" that try to explain PBEC's behavior. PBEC may have assigned cases from various date ranges to different processing analysts. Some of these analysts may be working on cases filed in later part of 2002 and they probably are the "more productive" analysts. Also, the analysts who have been assigned cases from 2001 and early 2002 may be over-worked or may be enjoying summer vacation or may have misplaced the cases/boxes or even messed up the sort order of the case files, which is why we see sporadic approvals now and then for 2001 and early 2002 cases. Also, it seems from our tracker that cases are being processed by State and hence we see different date ranges of cases being approved for cases filed from different States. PBEC has probably organized groups of analysts based on State and based on RIR/TR case type. Overall, the good news is that, in the recent months, PBEC appears to be strictly committed to increasing the pace of adjudication of all earlier filed cases in 2001 and 2002. The current trend appears to be very promising and I encourage all PBEC victims to continue to be hopeful.

Best of luck to all!!