Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

HI GC_Kashtalu, I dont think there should be a problem

Hey buddy :) ,

I dont think there should be a problem as long as you have 8th year filed and if possible send your parents the copy of pending labor application.

Expert Buddies, quote me if I am incorrect.

GC_Kashtalu said:
This question may not be related to PBEC completely. But it is related to PBEC Victim.

My H1 7th year expiring on October 26th. My mother is having B2 visitor visa appointment in Aug 10th. Just 2 months H1 validity matters for my mother's Visitor visa? Is there any chance for Visitor visa rejection. Please let me know. My company applies for H1 extension just 2 months before only. That is their policy.

I think lot of Backlog victims may have faced the same situation like me. Please guide me what is the best option.

Any way to check status

Guys,

Is there any way to get status? This might be rhetorical question because I am getting tired of this endless wait. My LC has been pending for almost 4 years now with no end in sight. Its been pending since Sep 02.

I have tried calling the 484 # but they transfer you to the "information" line which is a recorded message. I tried calling the 202 # and I was told the employer has to call.

I am not sure how long I can go on waiting without any hope.

B2 Visa

PRinUS said:
Hey buddy :) ,

I dont think there should be a problem as long as you have 8th year filed and if possible send your parents the copy of pending labor application.

Expert Buddies, quote me if I am incorrect.

Hi,

I applied B2 visas for my parents on last Nov (2005) while I was in 8th year extension. But my parents visa was rejected. At that time I had 3 months H1B validity (8th year). No reasons they rejected and they said come next time. But I am waiting to complete one year for my parents. My advise is wait for few more months and apply for new extension and send those papers.

This is my experience..

Thanks,
JDK98

Last edited by a moderator:
The time remaining on your H1 does not have anything to do with parents getting B2 visa or not. All that matters is that they need to show strong ties to the home country. If they have other children, grand daughters and sons etc. that would help. Also, it may help very much if only one of them applies. The other one can apply later on. On the same token, it helps if they have house, cars, business etc. at home.

jdk98 said:
Hi,

I applied B2 visas for my parents on last Nov (2005) while I was in 8th year extension. But my parents visa was rejected. At that time I had 3 months H1B validity (8th year). No reasons they rejected and they said come next time. But I am waiting to complete one year for my parents. My advise is wait for few more months and apply for new extension and send those papers.

This is my experience..

Thanks,
JDK98

only one application is not a good idea

My mother-in-law applied alone and got rejected & no reason stated properly. This was in 2004. My m-i-l was leaving behind my f-i-l, which is definitely a strong tie, but that was not accounted at all. When I checked with couple of my friends, they suggested me that it is always better to have both apply together, though, only one can fly.

based on my experience, it all depends on the mood of consuling officer.

triniti said:
The time remaining on your H1 does not have anything to do with parents getting B2 visa or not. All that matters is that they need to show strong ties to the home country. If they have other children, grand daughters and sons etc. that would help. Also, it may help very much if only one of them applies. The other one can apply later on. On the same token, it helps if they have house, cars, business etc. at home.

whenwilliget said:
My mother-in-law applied alone and got rejected & no reason stated properly. This was in 2004. My m-i-l was leaving behind my f-i-l, which is definitely a strong tie, but that was not accounted at all. When I checked with couple of my friends, they suggested me that it is always better to have both apply together, though, only one can fly.

I know my friends mom who is a widow in her late 40's was planning a visit to help her daughter with the new born. But her visa was rejected on the sole reason that she might stay back after getting married here...!! So...dont be surprised with any reason from the consulates...!!

StressTestInUSA said:
I know my friends mom who is a widow in her late 40's was planning a visit to help her daughter with the new born. But her visa was rejected on the sole reason that she might stay back after getting married here...!! So...dont be surprised with any reason from the consulates...!!

Sorry guys, we are definitely off topic now but is there a thumb rule as to how much balance we should show to sponsor one for a visitor's visa?..

On second thought if not for PBEC I think we would have got GC by now, got out of our employer and had a healthy bank balance, so I guess I am still within topic :)

A husband-wife bond is not considered as strong tie in american culture and hence by consular officers. On the other hand a house, property, land are strong ties. Thats Capitalism 101. :D :D :D

whenwilliget said:

cant help laughing out...by the way, nice teeth :D :D :D
nviren said:
A husband-wife bond is not considered as strong tie in american culture and hence by consular officers. On the other hand a house, property, land are strong ties. Thats Capitalism 101. :D :D :D

Outrageous

StressTestInUSA said:

This is such an insult on human beings. What were they thinking! :mad:

Maybe they thought that everyone wanted to come to America as desparately as those illegals. They rejected decent people based on groundless suspecisions while they cannot do anything to those illegals.

I think Americans really need to understand other cultures better so that they can correctly identify those who would become illegals once arriving at the US. I have seen several of my friends' parents came here with a visa but did not go back to their home countries when the visa expired (sometimes just for taking care of their grand children here... cann't they just put the children in day care!). They noticed that they could stay here illegally without any consequences. I would prefer to see America puts tougher punishment on illegal immigrants, including illegal stays. This may allow other people (who will actually follow the law and go back to their home countries) come to the US easier.

OK, let's get back to business...

Having been on the receiving end of a couple of tourist visa rejecions for my family members, I know it's not fun. But keep in mind that the consular officers clearly tell you that "they treat all NIV applicants as potential immigrants and the onus is on you to prove otherwise".

In any case, with the original question answered, let's get back to our plight at PBEC now.

Fair said:
This is such an insult on human beings. What were they thinking! :mad:

Maybe they thought that everyone wanted to come to America as desparately as those illegals. They rejected decent people based on groundless suspecisions while they cannot do anything to those illegals.

I think Americans really need to understand other cultures better so that they can correctly identify those who would become illegals once arriving at the US. I have seen several of my friends' parents came here with a visa but did not go back to their home countries when the visa expired (sometimes just for taking care of their grand children here... cann't they just put the children in day care!). They noticed that they could stay here illegally without any consequences. I would prefer to see America puts tougher punishment on illegal immigrants, including illegal stays. This may allow other people (who will actually follow the law and go back to their home countries) come to the US easier.

What should I do?

Guru's,
Please suggest. My PERM labor with PD June 13' 06 got approved. I'm from India.

whenn said:
Guru's,
Please suggest. My PERM labor with PD June 13' 06 got approved. I'm from India.

File your I-140 and wait for the other LC to be approved.

An approved I-140 will allow you to get 3 year extension on your visa. Once you receive the other LC, file another I-140 and use the PD of 02 for your I-485.

Not sure...

MDwatch said:
File your I-140 and wait for the other LC to be approved.

An approved I-140 will allow you to get 3 year extension on your visa. Once you receive the other LC, file another I-140 and use the PD of 02 for your I-485.

Not sure whether you will be able to use PD of 02 once your I-140 cleared with other PD '06.

pmmc said:
From this website, go to "Backlog Centers" link...and there we can see the case status check.....
HI
Any one checked the Status through Online ?
Pls post the Link for status check.
Thank You

thanks

AUG_PA2003 said:
Not sure whether you will be able to use PD of 02 once your I-140 cleared with other PD '06.

AUG_PA2003 & MDwatch,
Thanks for the information, I'll check with my Attorney.

July is here...

They said the pace of approvals will pick up after July....I still see only a very few cases beyond Dec 2002.

On a related note: do you think cases beyond Dec 2002 are not getting approved at PBEC because the "bottom" of the EB2 date as per the latest visa bulletin is at Dec 31 2002 (for India).

Is there any (informal or undocumented) relationship between the visa dates and the pace of approvals at BECs?

check case status

I just got a response from Secretary of Labor's office along with my labor certification data in details, which is more than what I got before by sending email to 7th extension...
It says my certification was under final review.
If you want to check your status but your lawyer or employer is lazy, you can try to fax a letter to Secretary of Labor's office with your case details.
FYI, two weeks ago when I let my boss called the 202-xxx-xxxx number, he was told my case is under data analysis.
The fax number of Secretary of Labor's office is 202-693-6000.