Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

My HR was able to get in touch at that 202 #

Following was the information received if any one interested. Though not much helpful.

Representative at PBEC said
1) my 45 day letter was received by them in Jan.
2)Case is in RIR Track
3) Processing Status since 3/28/2006 assigned to representative/analyst
4) Will receive notice of findings and we then have 35 days to reply
5) Should get something in next several month. Max probably @ end of this year.

God know what next several months means.

My case Info:
NY EB3 RIR
PD: June 12 th 2002
45 Day received Jan 19 2006
Replied same day
Time since Departure: 4 Years
Labor Certification ???????????????????? :mad:

NOF received

Hi

My labor was applied as EB2 RIR from califorinia State in Sep 02.My employer received a NOF saying that

" Your request for a reduction in recruitment is denied.This request is denied because labor market information in the area of intended employment indicated that there are available U.S. workers.Federal regulations require an employer to make a good faith effort to recruit U.S. resident workers before an application for alien labor certification can be approved.Pursuant to GAL 1-97 and 20 CFR 656.21(i) we are processing this application as a traditional case according to the date of this letter.You will be contacted by this office with instructions pertaining to post-application recruitment."

Job requirement is MS+0 or BS+5. I have BS+6 yeras experience.

Did anybody get this type of NOF? Any suggestions in this matter? I will appreciate your response

PD :Sep16.2002
RD: Aug,03
45 Days replied :Feb 2005
Case Number p-0432X-XXXXX

Please give the 202 #

Blackhole2002 said:
Following was the information received if any one interested. Though not much helpful.

Representative at PBEC said
1) my 45 day letter was received by them in Jan.
2)Case is in RIR Track
3) Processing Status since 3/28/2006 assigned to representative/analyst
4) Will receive notice of findings and we then have 35 days to reply
5) Should get something in next several month. Max probably @ end of this year.

God know what next several months means.

My case Info:
NY EB3 RIR
PD: June 12 th 2002
45 Day received Jan 19 2006
Replied same day
Time since Departure: 4 Years
Labor Certification ???????????????????? :mad:

Hi,

My HR and my lawyer are both stating that the 45-day letter was responded and they cannot get any status update beyond that.

I had tried calling the number which was mentioned in this forum a couple of months back, but they kept forwarding me to the recorded message.

Please give me the full phone number that your HR used, and also what did they have to do after calling the number (that is, any particular magic word/sentence to be used)

Please let me know.

Thanks.

PD: July 21, 2003
RIR, EB2, MD
45-Day Received: 1/6/2006 and responded soon after that

202 people do not answer

My HR called and they did not pick it up after trying 5 times one person answered and he said please look at dol website and he hung up on HR person. so calling them is not much help, unless you have some magic word or sentence you used ...

snowshoe said:
Hi,

My HR and my lawyer are both stating that the 45-day letter was responded and they cannot get any status update beyond that.

I had tried calling the number which was mentioned in this forum a couple of months back, but they kept forwarding me to the recorded message.

Please give me the full phone number that your HR used, and also what did they have to do after calling the number (that is, any particular magic word/sentence to be used)

Please let me know.

Thanks.

PD: July 21, 2003
RIR, EB2, MD
45-Day Received: 1/6/2006 and responded soon after that

NOF follow ups

venkatg_gc said:
Hi

My labor was applied as EB2 RIR from califorinia State in Sep 02.My employer received a NOF saying that

" Your request for a reduction in recruitment is denied.This request is denied because labor market information in the area of intended employment indicated that there are available U.S. workers.Federal regulations require an employer to make a good faith effort to recruit U.S. resident workers before an application for alien labor certification can be approved.Pursuant to GAL 1-97 and 20 CFR 656.21(i) we are processing this application as a traditional case according to the date of this letter.You will be contacted by this office with instructions pertaining to post-application recruitment."

Did anybody get this type of NOF? Any suggestions in this matter? I will appreciate your response

venkatg_gc,

Basically, your case will be handled as traditional case where DOL will supervise the recruitment activities. As of now, just wait for the instructions. Please consult your lawyer for the next best move.

aycy
NJ EB2 RIR
PD June 25'02
45 day received Sept '05
Replied 45 day letter Oct'05
NOF issued on Feb 24'06
NOF rebutted March 28'06
Status???????????????????

venkatg_gc said:
Hi

You attroney is responsible for this. Most of smart attronies do not file LC under eb2 they file under eb3 where the job requirement is BS+ 3 YEARS Experience . This is the price of heaving stupid attroney

tanveer666 said:
You attroney is responsible for this. Most of smart attronies do not file LC under eb2 they file under eb3 where the job requirement is BS+ 3 YEARS Experience . This is the price of heaving stupid attroney

What does EB2/EB3 has to do with this? I think it's about RIR/TR. PBEC wants to move the case to TR and do the recruitment again.

venkatg_gc said:
Hi

If your case went state to regional doesnt that mean they already looked at the recruitment process? I thought once it goes to Regional everything is all set in RIR you should just get an approval. :confused:

Congrats!

Congratulations! JustWatching. and Goodluck in other stages. I just saw this and very happy for you. your estimates/comments were always a news for us. Now I wonder, if your case wasnt delayed, we would have been left in the dark without your many intiatives :).

Seems like they are approving CA, VA and MD cases but very few from NY and NJ. did they send NY cases to guatanamo??

JustWatching said:
It all started with a meeting scheduled for September 14, 2001 when my company was going to decide whether they would sponsor my green card or not.
Today June 22, 2006 I received an e-mail from my attorney that my labor certification had been certified. When I got home, the courtesy copy was in my mailbox.

Good luck everyone,

JustWatching

Hi GC_Lover,

Any idea if there are chances of still getting NOF if the case status at PBEC shows "FINAL REVIEW". My HR manager called the 202-***-**** number couple of days back. One gentleman over there said, my case status shows "FINAL REVIEW". It will /assigned to an analyst who would then forward to the certifying officer for final determination.

sonu_Aug_2002
CA,RIR, EB2 ( MS+3 experience required in advertisement)
PD: Aug 02,2002
Regional: June,2003
45 Days letter replied: Feb 24th 2005

NOF Threat

It seems that PBEC issued more NOFs recently than before (maybe due to they start picking up speed of processing applications.) but it is really scary to see the case like venkatg's that had cleared state was questioned by PBEC and may have to start as a TR all over.....how can they test a job market 4 years later to get a same result since venkatg's case was filed in 2002?

venkatg, would you mind sharing a little big more info about what type of job filed on your LC? Even the area you are working in would be helpful. Wish you the best luck to get through this nightmare.

venkatg_gc said:
Hi

Rir/tr

It's important to understand that in a RIR case, the SWA just does the prevailing wage determination and does not look at the recruitment - that is checked at the DOL stage (as is the case with venkat_gc). The SWA bothers with the recruitment only for TR cases.

Remember the time around mid-2003? At that time DOL auto-remanded lots of RIR cases that were filed around mid-2001 back to the SWA to be treated as TR cases.

venkat_gc, if you please share some details of your case (requirements, your profile, etc) it might help us understand what PBEC is looking for.

PBECVictim10000 said:
It seems that PBEC issued more NOFs recently than before (maybe due to they start picking up speed of processing applications.) but it is really scary to see the case like venkatg's that had cleared state was questioned by PBEC and may have to start as a TR all over.....how can they test a job market 4 years later to get a same result since venkatg's case was filed in 2002?

venkatg, would you mind sharing a little big more info about what type of job filed on your LC? Even the area you are working in would be helpful. Wish you the best luck to get through this nightmare.

venkatg_gc said:
Hi

PROCESSING OF Non RIR CASES After State Approvals

Hi All:

Any body who knows, please share the steps involved in Non RIR applications.
What i want to know is what happens at Federal Level.

My Case for example was approved by WV SWA (Employer went through the recruitment process, interveiwing and documenting etc) and then sent to PBEC for federal. Iam not clear on whether PBEC will also have the recruitment effort done all over again or how it exactly done for Non-RIR cases.

Any clarifications are appreciated.

You got something mixed-up here. In a TR (non-RIR) case, SWA does all the recruitment, not the employer. If your employer did all the recruitment, then it is most likely a RIR case. In which case it is forwarded to the SWA, with the recruitment details, for wage determination. If your wage >= the prevailingn wage, it is passed on to DOL (now BEC) who ensure that everything, including the recruitment effort, is in order.

crosslanes said:
Hi All:

Any body who knows, please share the steps involved in Non RIR applications.
What i want to know is what happens at Federal Level.

My Case for example was approved by WV SWA (Employer went through the recruitment process, interveiwing and documenting etc) and then sent to PBEC for federal. Iam not clear on whether PBEC will also have the recruitment effort done all over again or how it exactly done for Non-RIR cases.

Any clarifications are appreciated.

Is PERM an option

Hey Venkat

Sorry to hear about this NOF. Its really scary. I think its going to take a long time if the case is converted to TR. I don't know if they had started thar TR recruitment phase yet at BECs.

I am wondering is it possible to convert your case to PERM after getting a NOF like this. If possible, I believe that is the best thing to do. Its going to be faster and there is a forum that is tracking the conversion cases.

Also provide some info about your job requirements and the Ad they put in the paper. Also how many responses did you get for the Ad and what all was submitted to DOL?

Other Gurus of the forum, share your expert opinions on this.

venkatg_gc said:
Hi

Labor Approved

my dear fellow sufferers,

my turn to anounce the good news, after 3.5 years!! please feel free to ask questions details below:
Once again thank you all very much for everything and best luck for you all!

EB2, RIR, PA
PD: Jan 06, 2003
RD: Sept 09, 2003
45DL received: 12/28/04
45DL replied: 1/2/05
h1b7yr extension inquiry: 6/21/06
h1b7yr extension screenshot received: 6/23/06
LC approved notice to employer: today, 6/29/06
date on the notice letter from BEC: 6/19/06
ETA Case Number: P-042xx-02xxx

No RIR Processing

GotGC?? said:
You got something mixed-up here. In a TR (non-RIR) case, SWA does all the recruitment, not the employer. If your employer did all the recruitment, then it is most likely a RIR case. In which case it is forwarded to the SWA, with the recruitment details, for wage determination. If your wage >= the prevailingn wage, it is passed on to DOL (now BEC) who ensure that everything, including the recruitment effort, is in order.

Thanks for the response. You are right the recruitment was done by SWA and then case moved to pbec. What is PBEC's role now...after receiving the case from SWA?

Thank You

Congratulations!

How many times you might have asked for screen shot?

Good Luck for your other stages.

liaoguoxf said:
my dear fellow sufferers,

my turn to anounce the good news, after 3.5 years!! please feel free to ask questions details below:
Once again thank you all very much for everything and best luck for you all!

EB2, RIR, PA
PD: Jan 06, 2003
RD: Sept 09, 2003
45DL received: 12/28/04
45DL replied: 1/2/05
h1b7yr extension inquiry: 6/21/06
h1b7yr extension screenshot received: 6/23/06
LC approved notice to employer: today, 6/29/06
date on the notice letter from BEC: 6/19/06
ETA Case Number: P-042xx-02xxx

Labor Approved

Guys,

My attorney received my approval letter this morning. My details are in my signature.

I had the PERM process started a while ago; everything was ready, we were planning to file it this week. Then I received this approval letter when I lost all hope from PBEC. Frankly, I was thinking they never received my 45-day letter and closed my case or something, just like many other in this forum. Now is there any harm to file with PERM regardless? When PERM comes through, I can still keep my old PD, right? I am from a non-retrogressed country, but still.... When something happens after wait of 4 years, you don't wanna take any chance.

I want to thank everyone here. Even though I didn't write much, I have been reading this daily and learned so much. Thanks again.... And wish you all good luck.