Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Perennial Question of Contracting vs. Permanent position!

Hi saknia and all you gurus out there, I have a question for you,

- I have my labor thru my employer pending in PBEC now and its in process since mid 2004 (RIR EB2),

-I work as a Contractor and my client(since 2004) currently wants me to accept a permanent position with them (since they have policy that they can't keep contractors on a project for more than 2 years)

.. If I were to go ahead and join them now can I go back and continue my GC process with my employer whenever my labor gets approved ? (Assuming that my employer agrees to such an arrangement !!) ... Will such a thing cause any problems in the later stages of my GC (i.e I140 and 485 etc..)

.. greatly appreciate your response

Sakina and all

Dear Sakina & All Members,

I have been waiting patiently like everyone else. There seem to be no light so far. Can anyone please predict when this could come.

Filed Date - June 24, 2002
Replied to 45 day Letter - Oct 7, 2004
RIR / EB 3/ NJ
waiting for LC approval.

Thank you!
Raj

akrkap said:
Dear Sakina & All Members,

I have been waiting patiently like everyone else. There seem to be no light so far. Can anyone please predict when this could come.

Filed Date - June 24, 2002
Replied to 45 day Letter - Oct 7, 2004
RIR / EB 3/ NJ
waiting for LC approval.

Thank you!
Raj

Dude ,

Dont worry i am with you , dont let this come on your way .

:)

NJ Nov 15 2002 EB3 RIR

#277 30th May 2006, 11:55 AM
grid
Registered User Join Date: Feb 2005

My NJ Labor Certification approved

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally it happened. Thanks a lot to this forum and good luck to everybody who is still waiting:

SWA: NJ
Type: EB3 - RIR
PD: 11/15/2002
RD: Never made it
45 DL Received: 09/05/05 Replied: 09/09/05
ETA#: P-05143-35XXX
LC: 05/19/2006

I don't think so

hi,

I don't think you can keep your old PD. If you have already completed your 6 years of H1B, then you may not be able to transfer your H1 too. But if you were able to, I don't think you can keep your old PD. But if you feel that your offer is much more worth than your GC, then go ahead.

sanksmysore said:
Hi saknia and all you gurus out there, I have a question for you,

- I have my labor thru my employer pending in PBEC now and its in process since mid 2004 (RIR EB2),

-I work as a Contractor and my client(since 2004) currently wants me to accept a permanent position with them (since they have policy that they can't keep contractors on a project for more than 2 years)

.. If I were to go ahead and join them now can I go back and continue my GC process with my employer whenever my labor gets approved ? (Assuming that my employer agrees to such an arrangement !!) ... Will such a thing cause any problems in the later stages of my GC (i.e I140 and 485 etc..)

.. greatly appreciate your response

saknia said:
#277 30th May 2006, 11:55 AM
grid
Registered User Join Date: Feb 2005

My NJ Labor Certification approved

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally it happened. Thanks a lot to this forum and good luck to everybody who is still waiting:

SWA: NJ
Type: EB3 - RIR
PD: 11/15/2002
RD: Never made it
45 DL Received: 09/05/05 Replied: 09/09/05
ETA#: P-05143-35XXX
LC: 05/19/2006
Saknia, this indicate that RD may not play any part in prioritization?

Is there anyone prior or same time as me

PD: FEB2002/VA/RIR/EB3
RD: AUG2003
45DAYS LETTER RECEIVED AND REPLIED: FEB11,2005

have no idea what to do next everyday begins with hope and ends with frustration

khogaye said:

PD: FEB2002/VA/RIR/EB3
RD: AUG2003
45DAYS LETTER RECEIVED AND REPLIED: FEB11,2005

have no idea what to do next everyday begins with hope and ends with frustration

khogaye,

i'm too in the same boat as you. my details as given below:

pd - february 2002/pa/rir/eb3
pd - july 2003
45 - december 2004
status - beginning application for 8th year extension

i wrote in early march to emily stover derocco and got a reply that my application was in review.

since then nothing. lets see what the dol has in store for us.

Traditional LC are being approved now... FYI only...

Hello Folks and fellow sufferers,

Per one of my email exchange with my lawyers, she mentioned that PBEC is currently approving traditional labor certifications. She substantiates this with the current trend of approvals her company is receiving...

Dont have any more info than that....

va_aug_2002 said:

Looks like PBEC is having different approach

They have Three Queue for RIR

One after July 2002 - This is moving fast and here they have some kind of FIFO based on 45 Day letter, RD & PD

One for before July 2002 - Struck like hell with no pattern or sign - We are all guessing as to why this has been stopped - Some say EB2 EB3 , Degrees,
Vaction of the Guy, New officers assigned ete etc

Now it looks like they have taken up State cases whcih are mostly RIR. At State they have finsihed all paper work and ready to go. - Beofre PBEc when State case comes with a approval recommenaddtion they used to take couple of days to approve. This is what we see now

The unfortunate lot is one before July 2002. Because when they started with them first PBEC was adamently saying that they want to open all cases, Determine FIFO First and then approve. If they have started approving like now, half of the cases in PBEc would have vanished by now

Hope this lot get attention now. we all need to push for this lot as otherwise they will not do anything

All Non RIr coming in these 3 Queues are being approved as well based on its own Merit and PBEC merit (!!!)

va_aug_2002 said:

One after July 2002 - This is moving fast and here they have some kind of FIFO based on 45 Day letter, RD & PD

One for before July 2002 - Struck like hell with no pattern or sign - We are all guessing as to why this has been stopped - Some say EB2 EB3 , Degrees,

Now it looks like they have taken up State cases whcih are mostly RIR. At State they have finsihed all paper work and ready to go. - Beofre PBEc when State case comes with a approval recommenaddtion they used to take couple of days to approve. This is what we see now

The unfortunate lot is one before July 2002. Because when they started with them first PBEC was adamently saying that they want to open all cases, Determine FIFO First and then approve. If they have started approving like now, half of the cases in PBEc would have vanished by now

Hope this lot get attention now. we all need to push for this lot as otherwise they will not do anything

All Non RIr coming in these 3 Queues are being approved as well based on its own Merit and PBEC merit (!!!)

Prediction

Sakina,

What you think about my case since, my case has RD.

please find detail bellow.

Thank you for your prediction.

kiran00 said:
Hello Folks and fellow sufferers,

Per one of my email exchange with my lawyers, she mentioned that PBEC is currently approving traditional labor certifications. She substantiates this with the current trend of approvals her company is receiving...

Dont have any more info than that....

Thats music to my ears. Would appreciate very much if you could find out...
1. What procedure they are following (who is doing the ads etc)
2. What priority date are they seeing approvals for?

-ny-nonrir
EB3/non-rir/8-2001
45DL 12/5/2005
Never made to regional

ny-nonrir said:
Thats music to my ears. Would appreciate very much if you could find out...
1. What procedure they are following (who is doing the ads etc)
2. What priority date are they seeing approvals for?

-ny-nonrir
EB3/non-rir/8-2001
45DL 12/5/2005
Never made to regional
Why are they doing non-RIR and lately we are seeing more of the EB3's being approved? :(

Any Predictions

Saknia and other gurus out her. Can anyone predict when can I possibly expect some relief. I am in my sixth year and need to start H1 -ext proceedings soon. Please reply. I am :confused: as to whether I should get started on my 7th yr ext proceedings or wait for LC approval and then go for 3yr ext.

saknia said:

Saknia and other folks, what would be appropriate to do to bring PBECs' attention for the cases prior to July2002?????

NJ LC Approved

Please add my details

Priority Date 02/15/2002
NJ -RIR-EB3
45 day 03/??/2006
LC approved 03/31/2006

Lc

Saknia/Orissa,
My PD,RD,45 day letter all fall in the same date range as orissa's.Please let me know the prediction too.Thanks.

PD: Jan 7,2003
RD: July 26,2004
45 Day letter: Feb 8, 2005
45 Day letter replied: Feb 12,2005

orissa said:
Sakina,

What you think about my case since, my case has RD.

please find detail bellow.

Thank you for your prediction.

Last edited by a moderator: