Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

i've also been a silent reader so far.

have been seeing lots of remarks about people with 2002 PDs. Does anyone have any indication on timing from PBEC for people (like me) who have 2003 PDs?

My details:
SWA: NY
RIR/EB2
PD: 2/23/2003
RD: did not make it
45-day letter: not received
lawyers replied to PBEC regarding continuation of my application on 11/02/2005.

Thanks!

everything is based on guess ... nobody knows when.

Labor4Ever said:
I'm a silent reader for a while, and on the verge of going crazy...I have seen some approval recently for CA RIR between July and October of 2002. Mine is CA EB2/RIR with priority date of March 2002, and wondering if there are someone else in the similar time frame still waiting...

PD : 03/2002
P-04307-xxxx
CA, EB2/RIR
RD : 05/2003
PBEC : 10/2004
45 Letter
Rcvd : 02/2005
Resp : 02/2005

anxicious waiter said:
Did you file PERM through a lawyer or you did it yourself? I don't know if anyone has done PERM without a lawyer and would really like to hear some experience on that. How long did it take you to prepare for the PERM document inclucing ads? Thanks.

The PERM was filed through my lawyer. We started the advertising process in late February and filed electronically on April 26th. Therefore, if you plan everything out well (meaning you know the numbers of the newspapers, you know how to place ads on the websites, etc.), the preparation should not take more than about 2 months.

Given the intricacies of the PERM form I would not recommend doing it on your own. Each of the forms of recruitment have specific timings that need to be carried out correctly. One misjudgement could ruin the whole thing.

Good Luck!

NY )ct 15 2002 RIR approval

15th May 2006, 02:39 PM
eastwest
Registered User Join Date: Nov 2003

October 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Friend's labor from my company which was filed on Oct,15 2002 NY RIR is certified. He got the letter today physically.

Thats a good news.

Labor4Ever said:
I'm a silent reader for a while, and on the verge of going crazy...I have seen some approval recently for CA RIR between July and October of 2002. Mine is CA EB2/RIR with priority date of March 2002, and wondering if there are someone else in the similar time frame still waiting...

PD : 03/2002
P-04307-xxxx
CA, EB2/RIR
RD : 05/2003
PBEC : 10/2004
45 Letter
Rcvd : 02/2005
Resp : 02/2005

Since you RD is 2003 and 45 day in Feb 2005 and RD 03/2002 you might get your approval soon

rajoid said:
i've also been a silent reader so far.

have been seeing lots of remarks about people with 2002 PDs. Does anyone have any indication on timing from PBEC for people (like me) who have 2003 PDs?

My details:
SWA: NY
RIR/EB2
PD: 2/23/2003
RD: did not make it
45-day letter: not received
lawyers replied to PBEC regarding continuation of my application on 11/02/2005.

Thanks!

Rajoid:

I am not sure if you got/dint get the 45 day letter. I know this is not a hard and fast rule, the way PBEC is operating, but my friends PD from NY with Feb 03 got their 45d letter in Feb06, my Dec 03 from NY got 45d letter in end of March.

You better get a screenshot from PBEC and followup before you hear from PBEC saying we dint hear a reply for your 45 d letter. Not to scare the shit out of you,but be cautious,as it is our life is just passing by in front of us waiting for this BS...

Musings on the immigration system

Some thoughts on the immigration process. Thinking of faxing this to the media:

President Bush, required the agencies to reduce the backlog in the immigration process to about 6 months.

The USCIS has done a remarkable job in reducing the backlog. However they have been limited by the visa numbers assigned per-year. It would make sense that a backlog reduction plan should have considered the increase in requirement of needed visa numbers. The resultant state is that the USCIS cant make any gains on backlogs because they cant approve above a certain limit per-year. A classic example of setting a goal and not having the necessary tools to execute on it.

The DOL has taken a unique approach in reducing the backlog. They introduced a new labor system called PERM that had a significant electronic filing component. The new system has certainly improved performance, albeit with initial software glitches. However the 350K odd cases in the old system have been shipped to two backlog clearance centers. These centers have no transparency and delayed quick processing by entering data into a new system and requiring acknowledgement by employers for existing applications. After 2 years, neither has the data entry been done nor the acknowledgement been completed. In effect, the 350K applicants have been swept under the rug and the DOL has declared victory with PERM. President Bush required the agencies to clear backlog by 2006 and we are far from it.

How does a 4 year backlog clearance center, take 4 years to clear the backlog? Since the BEC has had no impact on performance, wouldnt it have been better to just use the old system to clear the backlog? This has got to be the incompetence of the DOL. Unfortunately incompetence is only highlighted with crisis, like FEMA with hurricane Katrina. It may be too late for thousands of highly skilled legal immigrants and their employers in this country when someone realizes the break-down of the immigration system in this country.

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
bhk said:
What do you guys think about Bush's TV address today? He talked about the Legal immegration Queue and that the illigals will have to go to the end of this queue. :mad:
http://www.cspan.org/

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationw...6may16,0,6479196.story?coll=la-home-headlines
[He talked about the Legal immegration Queue and that the illigals will have to go to the end of this queue. :-( ]

Why are you disappointed, isnt that good they have to go to end of the queue...
I would have been disappointed if they went in front of the queue.

One thing administration is forgetting is this new rule will bring slavery as these illegal(mostly: uneducated) workers will be taken for ride by some bad american employers. It has been taking approx 7 years to get a labor approved with current provisions, with a total of 1 million applicaitons.
If they add 12 million to it, it is going to take 15 years to get a labor approved. Which means American Employers are getting slaves/bonded labor.

pawnrule said:
Some thoughts on the immigration process. Thinking of faxing this to the media:

President Bush, required the agencies to reduce the backlog in the immigration process to about 6 months.

The USCIS has done a remarkable job in reducing the backlog. However they have been limited by the visa numbers assigned per-year. It would make sense that a backlog reduction plan should have considered the increase in requirement of needed visa numbers. The resultant state is that the USCIS cant make any gains on backlogs because they cant approve above a certain limit per-year. A classic example of setting a goal and not having the necessary tools to execute on it.

The DOL has taken a unique approach in reducing the backlog. They introduced a new labor system called PERM that had a significant electronic filing component. The new system has certainly improved performance, albeit with initial software glitches. However the 350K odd cases in the old system have been shipped to two backlog clearance centers. These centers have no transparency and delayed quick processing by entering data into a new system and requiring acknowledgement by employers for existing applications. After 2 years, neither has the data entry been done nor the acknowledgement been completed. In effect, the 350K applicants have been swept under the rug and the DOL has declared victory with PERM. President Bush required the agencies to clear backlog by 2006 and we are far from it.

How does a 4 year backlog clearance center, take 4 years to clear the backlog? Since the BEC has had no impact on performance, wouldnt it have been better to just use the old system to clear the backlog? This has got to be the incompetence of the DOL. Unfortunately incompetence is only highlighted with crisis, like FEMA with hurricane Katrina. It may be too late for thousands of highly skilled legal immigrants and their employers in this country when someone realizes the break-down of the immigration system in this country.

Thoughts?
This is not limited to BECs. From the very beginning DOL has been showing its "incompetency" when it comes to aliens. Only automatic remands in 2002-2003 show that this organization is free to do whatever they want and is not reporting to anyone. The whole organizatons of the backlog elimination process makes me think that it is something more than a simple incompetency.

thanks for the info. how does one go about getting a screen shot? i'm afraid my lawyers seem extremely inept.

thanks again!

Please update on tracker
State: GA
PD: June 1, 2004
RIR/EB3
Case#: P-05173****
45 day letter received 05/11/06
45 days letter replied 05/12/0

Only God knows when my labor cert will be approved!

Queue

support.gc said:
[He talked about the Legal immegration Queue and that the illigals will have to go to the end of this queue. :-( ]

Why are you disappointed, isnt that good they have to go to end of the queue...
I would have been disappointed if they went in front of the queue.

One thing administration is forgetting is this new rule will bring slavery as these illegal(mostly: uneducated) workers will be taken for ride by some bad american employers. It has been taking approx 7 years to get a labor approved with current provisions, with a total of 1 million applicaitons.
If they add 12 million to it, it is going to take 15 years to get a labor approved. Which means American Employers are getting slaves/bonded labor.

You asked why I was disappointed and then you ansewered it yourself. I am disappointed that they will be in the SAME queue, and more resources will be needed from Our queue. I would have liked if he said that they would open a new department to process the illigals..

that will be even worse, then the illegals will be processed earlier.

bhk said:
You asked why I was disappointed and then you ansewered it yourself. I am disappointed that they will be in the SAME queue, and more resources will be needed from Our queue. I would have liked if he said that they would open a new department to process the illigals..

I guess they will go to the end of the queue. But that's for adjudication. A simple process of receiving ~ 8-9 million applications, issuing them receipts and putting these cases in hibernation will strain the USCIS resources that all other kind of apps (140, 485, EAD etc) will slow down.

For those who haven't got 45-day letter

Just checked with my HR yesterday because I have not received the 45-day letter. I was told that they have only received 45-day letters for roughly 40% of the case my company has filed. According to them, while the PD for the 45-day is somewhat random, the approval more or less follows the FIFO order. So far, they have only received 5 approvals out of almost 200 45-day letters. All those five cases are from either 2001 or early 2002. Hope this information will provide some relief for those people who are still waiting for the 45-day letter.

RIR, State IL
Filed in October 2004. Did not make it to regional. Did not get any case number or acknowledgment. All I got is this "no good" 45 day letter on 5/15/06. Replied to withdraw the case.
Just FYI.

a question for screenshot

hi, i got a screenshot for my case. does it indicate anything related to the 45 days letter?

thank you